Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up 16:25 - Oct 27 with 13272 viewsTrellick

Refusing to sign new contract & left out tonight.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:25 - Oct 27 with 2506 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:10 - Oct 27 by daveB

he did but it's sadly a growing pattern of players getting into their last year and then going. Easy to blame the players but club shouldn't be getting into this position

Also we're very quick to sign players in that way ourselves. Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's the impression I get.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:27 - Oct 27 with 2496 viewsdaveB

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:23 - Oct 27 by QPR_John

" not to mention, bright has not tried to force any move... qpr are trying to force him to sign a contract"

So not signing a new contract, and of course that is his right, is not trying to force a move.

not really, he's had the chance to move but turned it down.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:32 - Oct 27 with 2478 viewsQPR_John

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:27 - Oct 27 by daveB

not really, he's had the chance to move but turned it down.

The fact that he has turned down a move does not change the fact that he will not sign a new contract and hence is forcing a move away from the club. He is just waiting for the move that suites him which again is his right
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:58 - Oct 27 with 2400 viewsjoe90

I don't think this is about blaming BOS or the club.

We're offering deals they don't want, it's not working for either party, end of.

These contract shenanigans are a byproduct our new policy. As I mentioned before, we got lucky with Eze...
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 23:39 - Oct 27 with 2355 viewsLythamR

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:58 - Oct 27 by joe90

I don't think this is about blaming BOS or the club.

We're offering deals they don't want, it's not working for either party, end of.

These contract shenanigans are a byproduct our new policy. As I mentioned before, we got lucky with Eze...

I dont particularly want him in the Under 23's. dont really want a player who doesnt want to be with us taking a place in the squad and potentially holding up the progress of a youngster coming through.

Admomah got more good crosses in within the first 15 minutes tonight than BOS has all season, although he has pace he often slows our play down by holding onto the ball too long, taking too many touches etc. I had high hopes for hime having seen him play a few times for Blackpool before he came to us but apart from half of last season he has not torn up any trees

I dont particularly blame BOS for this situation as I dont have any real understanding of the situation but now this has happened the club has to act in a way that best protects the players that do want to be here and develop
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 00:04 - Oct 28 with 2297 viewsNewBee

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:26 - Oct 27 by dachiltern

Would it be reasonable to ban him from the club?

"Would it be reasonable to ban him from the club?"

Whether "reasonable" (understandable?) or not, it would surely amount to "constructive dismissal", or "tearing up his contract", if you like.

Which would mean he could walk out and sign for a new club tomorrow as a free agent.

In fact, I seem to recall a player challenging a club which consigned him to "rot in the reserves" for the rest of his contract, if he didn't sign a new one to the club's satisfaction.

Turns out that so long as he turned up on time and trained as required etc, they had to at least consider him for the job he was originally signed to do. Which is not to say he should be guaranteed a starting place etc; rather that he should be given a reasonable chance to prove himself (as opposed to a clear and permanent demotion).

I'm pretty sure the club caved in. Which is why in the majority of cases, these things are settled quietly behind closed doors, with some sort of compromise agreement.

Also why, if the player's happy to put up with it, the club cannot do much more - see eg Mesut Ozil at The Arse, or Gareth Bale at Real Madrid.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 01:39 - Oct 28 with 2244 viewstimcocking

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 17:13 - Oct 27 by Russian__Bot

F*ck Bright, as long as we stay up (which I think we will with or without him) it's the right decision for the long term health of the club

I hope this impacts the dollar he and more specifically his agent earn out of this move as he will be months without playing and so less valuable

If he had gone for near on £5m would have been lovely to reinvest. What a prick, let him waste away till July. Train on his own

Spot on mate.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 08:52 - Oct 28 with 2117 viewsTGRRRSSS

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 00:04 - Oct 28 by NewBee

"Would it be reasonable to ban him from the club?"

Whether "reasonable" (understandable?) or not, it would surely amount to "constructive dismissal", or "tearing up his contract", if you like.

Which would mean he could walk out and sign for a new club tomorrow as a free agent.

In fact, I seem to recall a player challenging a club which consigned him to "rot in the reserves" for the rest of his contract, if he didn't sign a new one to the club's satisfaction.

Turns out that so long as he turned up on time and trained as required etc, they had to at least consider him for the job he was originally signed to do. Which is not to say he should be guaranteed a starting place etc; rather that he should be given a reasonable chance to prove himself (as opposed to a clear and permanent demotion).

I'm pretty sure the club caved in. Which is why in the majority of cases, these things are settled quietly behind closed doors, with some sort of compromise agreement.

Also why, if the player's happy to put up with it, the club cannot do much more - see eg Mesut Ozil at The Arse, or Gareth Bale at Real Madrid.

The club could "ban him" if they want by putting him on gardening leave, provided they kept paying him his salary.

However he could possibly look at some form of legal action regarding treatment, possibly mental health and other parts of emplyment law.

I doubt we'd do this though and it wouldn't be a good look.

You wonder though if previous treatment of others is starting to permeat???...
Login to get fewer ads

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:40 - Oct 28 with 2038 viewsjoe90

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 23:39 - Oct 27 by LythamR

I dont particularly want him in the Under 23's. dont really want a player who doesnt want to be with us taking a place in the squad and potentially holding up the progress of a youngster coming through.

Admomah got more good crosses in within the first 15 minutes tonight than BOS has all season, although he has pace he often slows our play down by holding onto the ball too long, taking too many touches etc. I had high hopes for hime having seen him play a few times for Blackpool before he came to us but apart from half of last season he has not torn up any trees

I dont particularly blame BOS for this situation as I dont have any real understanding of the situation but now this has happened the club has to act in a way that best protects the players that do want to be here and develop

Admomah and BOS have very different playing style.

I've really enjoyed watching his game develop and liked his contrasting style of play to Eze. As brief as it was, it was great to see the two of them play together. It's safe to say the two of them have probably been the only real post play off highlight we've had.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 11:29 - Oct 28 with 1976 viewsThe_Beast1976

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 21:38 - Oct 27 by colinallcars

I'd play him in the under 23s but only on days when it's freezing cold and piddling down with rain, snow or sleet.

Agreed
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 13:11 - Oct 28 with 1830 viewsswitchingcode

Can’t see why you wouldn’t play him I’ve seen loads of players over the years playing regularly in their final year after turning down a new contract.Nearer to home Barbet for example turned down a contract and still played up till the end of the season.Warburton himself still managed Brentford after saying he wouldn’t be staying at the end of the season.BOS is a good player and not playing him seems like cutting your nose off....Can’t disagree that he was a good manager for us but glad he moved so we could.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 08:11 - Oct 29 with 1539 viewsdaveB

should be pointed out that Bright, much like Manning, hasn't refused to play for us so not sure what the anger is all about. Warburton has dropped him because Bright won't commit to the 2021/22 season which I do get but I think it might be worth worrying about the current season as well so throwing two of your best players under the bus doesn't seem productive.

By taking this moral stance we have severely weakened our own team and lost one of our best players for pittance. QPR are not the winners here
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 8:12]
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:32 - Oct 29 with 1424 viewsswitchingcode

Wouldn’t be surprised if Brentford come in for him in January.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:38 - Oct 29 with 1422 viewsloftboy

Surely if a player is on a contract Forest 3 years then if he stays after that it’s a bonus, both sides could say no going forward, so surely you play them for the whole of the contract and only drop them if their performances drop.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:44 - Oct 29 with 1415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 08:11 - Oct 29 by daveB

should be pointed out that Bright, much like Manning, hasn't refused to play for us so not sure what the anger is all about. Warburton has dropped him because Bright won't commit to the 2021/22 season which I do get but I think it might be worth worrying about the current season as well so throwing two of your best players under the bus doesn't seem productive.

By taking this moral stance we have severely weakened our own team and lost one of our best players for pittance. QPR are not the winners here
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 8:12]

Really haven't been able to decide on this one, Dave, but I broadly agree with your point. With one caveat:

With Manning it seemed clear (imo, of course) that he wasn't trying his hardest on the pitch so we had to get rid straight away.

With BOS he's certainly trying his hardest again on the pitch (after his few no-shows during the lockdown) and if he's also trying his hardest in training and being respectful then I think he should be played. If he's slacking in training and acting in any way too big for this club and it is affecting the other players then the club is 100% right not to play him.

We'll know more in time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:00 - Oct 29 with 1378 viewsozexile

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:44 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Really haven't been able to decide on this one, Dave, but I broadly agree with your point. With one caveat:

With Manning it seemed clear (imo, of course) that he wasn't trying his hardest on the pitch so we had to get rid straight away.

With BOS he's certainly trying his hardest again on the pitch (after his few no-shows during the lockdown) and if he's also trying his hardest in training and being respectful then I think he should be played. If he's slacking in training and acting in any way too big for this club and it is affecting the other players then the club is 100% right not to play him.

We'll know more in time.

I think that's a bit harsh on Manning. I always felt he gave it 100%.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:05 - Oct 29 with 1367 viewsMyke

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:44 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

We'll know more in time.

Just curious Brian, at what point do you think Manning stopped trying his hardest? You watch a lot more games than I do. We talked before about his lack of inclination to track back and you felt it was laziness, whereas I thought it was more to do with lack of awareness. But even if you are right and it was a lazy aspect of his game, surely that wasn't a new thing? He was guilty of that even when winning wave reviews last season, so curious how you consider his lack of trying was linked to him not signing a new contract? He scored in his last three games for us, now I know scoring -even for a striker - is not an indication of commitment, but his last goal was in the opening minutes from a cross (corner?), surely if he had stopped trying, he wouldn't have been in the box at that point in the first place? He always struck me as a good pro and not the type to not give his best, regardless of the circumstances.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:07 - Oct 29 with 1357 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:00 - Oct 29 by ozexile

I think that's a bit harsh on Manning. I always felt he gave it 100%.

Going forward, absolutely.
Tracking back and marking his man, no I don't think so. He could clearly be seen on quite a few occasions trotting back casually and looking at unmarked players but not speeding up to get there.

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:11 - Oct 29 with 1346 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:05 - Oct 29 by Myke

Just curious Brian, at what point do you think Manning stopped trying his hardest? You watch a lot more games than I do. We talked before about his lack of inclination to track back and you felt it was laziness, whereas I thought it was more to do with lack of awareness. But even if you are right and it was a lazy aspect of his game, surely that wasn't a new thing? He was guilty of that even when winning wave reviews last season, so curious how you consider his lack of trying was linked to him not signing a new contract? He scored in his last three games for us, now I know scoring -even for a striker - is not an indication of commitment, but his last goal was in the opening minutes from a cross (corner?), surely if he had stopped trying, he wouldn't have been in the box at that point in the first place? He always struck me as a good pro and not the type to not give his best, regardless of the circumstances.

I' not sure it was linked to a new contract, as it was happening all last year at least. I just think that when you add his laziness (in defending) to his not wanting to re-sign then he had to go.

And I really don't think it was a lack of awareness, or at least not always. There's no excise for trotting back when you can clearly see danger developing in front of your eyes. None. That's not a lack of awareness. Nobody is *that* unaware.

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:25 - Oct 29 with 1316 viewsE1Hoop

We'll know more in time.

Agree and I can see arguments on both sides. But if BOS said he would sign a new contract after the transfer window closed and has now reneged on that it is difficult to see how the Club can say fair enough you can continue in the team. I know all this is conjecture but the noises coming out of the club seemed to be that if he was not transferred in the window he would sign a new contract.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:27 - Oct 29 with 1307 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very fair point, E1.

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:29 - Oct 29 with 1303 viewsMyke

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:11 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I' not sure it was linked to a new contract, as it was happening all last year at least. I just think that when you add his laziness (in defending) to his not wanting to re-sign then he had to go.

And I really don't think it was a lack of awareness, or at least not always. There's no excise for trotting back when you can clearly see danger developing in front of your eyes. None. That's not a lack of awareness. Nobody is *that* unaware.

Hmm, so maybe the refusal to sign a new contract was linked to not wanting to play LB as some have speculated. Which makes his decision to play LB for Swansea (he replaced Bidwell on Tuesday night) even more curious. Mind you he has joined a well organised club who are 2nd as opposed to our disarrayed what? 19th now is it? So maybe it was simply that. Guess we won't know the full story until he writes his autobiography (1st instalment) in 20 years time.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:32 - Oct 29 with 1297 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Maybe. The money is in all likelihood much better too.

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:43 - Oct 29 with 1267 viewsTGRRRSSS

Signing on fee too.

PLus can probably buy much bigger house in Swansea area...
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:57 - Oct 29 with 1237 viewsdanehoop

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:43 - Oct 29 by TGRRRSSS

Signing on fee too.

PLus can probably buy much bigger house in Swansea area...

Against that, it would be in Swansea.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024