Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up 16:25 - Oct 27 with 13266 viewsTrellick

Refusing to sign new contract & left out tonight.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 16:26 - Oct 29 with 2557 viewsPhildo

sound the retreat bugler:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/osayi-samuel-could-be-recalled-with-qpr-cont
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 16:58 - Oct 29 with 2470 viewsNorthantsHoop

This is all getting very distracting, confidence is low in the team, probably because they can't score and to be honest BOS is the most dangerous attacking player we have. It is no good both the management and our best attacking option having a strop over a contract, we need our best attacking option playing at the moment. I see the club are desperate not to let BOS go on a pre-contract deal, but we should be sweating the asset as long as we can and that means playing him.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 16:59 - Oct 29 with 2457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 16:26 - Oct 29 by Phildo

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/osayi-samuel-could-be-recalled-with-qpr-cont

Better news anyway.

Thanks Phildo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 17:11 - Oct 29 with 2420 viewsMyke

Thanks Phildo. So finally we have an admission that the club treated Manning differently than BOS, because, due to the fact that BOS is a year younger, 'different rules apply'. So nothing to do with 'attitude' in training or 'refusing to play'. Manning's only 'crime' was that he was 24 and therefore too old for comp. It's a pity the club could have said that a month ago instead of him having to leave under a cloud of false speculation
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:20 - Oct 29 with 2346 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 17:11 - Oct 29 by Myke

Thanks Phildo. So finally we have an admission that the club treated Manning differently than BOS, because, due to the fact that BOS is a year younger, 'different rules apply'. So nothing to do with 'attitude' in training or 'refusing to play'. Manning's only 'crime' was that he was 24 and therefore too old for comp. It's a pity the club could have said that a month ago instead of him having to leave under a cloud of false speculation

Myke, they're hardly going to say any of that out loud if it's true, not that anyone has suggested it is.

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 19:11 - Oct 29 with 2256 viewsBklynRanger

'moving the right way' in a 'fcuk me we need a win' desperation sort of way?

Ach no, of course not. All these subtle inferences, the runes of footballing knowledge have been picked up during Mark's pilgrimage of learning across the plains of Europe. Halcyon days. Read and acted upon on our behalf since we, the humble punter, could never possibly understand.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:01 - Oct 29 with 2147 viewsdaveB

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:44 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Really haven't been able to decide on this one, Dave, but I broadly agree with your point. With one caveat:

With Manning it seemed clear (imo, of course) that he wasn't trying his hardest on the pitch so we had to get rid straight away.

With BOS he's certainly trying his hardest again on the pitch (after his few no-shows during the lockdown) and if he's also trying his hardest in training and being respectful then I think he should be played. If he's slacking in training and acting in any way too big for this club and it is affecting the other players then the club is 100% right not to play him.

We'll know more in time.

Don't agree with that at all, Manning scored in his last 3 games for us and was playing fine, his usual self really very good going forward and woeful defensively. I don't think he downed tools although he did have a few poor games at the end of last season
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:06 - Oct 29 with 2135 viewsdaveB

so all we've really achieved this week is to throw Bright under the bus, have fans abusing him on social media, dropping from the team and after getting absolutely hammered deciding to bring him back again. Absolute farce. No defence at all here, this is shambolic from QPR
Login to get fewer ads

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:15 - Oct 29 with 2111 viewsMyke

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:20 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Myke, they're hardly going to say any of that out loud if it's true, not that anyone has suggested it is.

Well Brian, if they can say it now, why not a month ago? Why not be open with the fans? On this thread you said he was a different case than BOS because he (Manning) was not trying his best so we needed to 'get rid'. Clearly now, by Warburton's own admission the only reason they were not treated the same is because we are entitled to comp for BOS and not for Ryan. So the club felt they needed SOMETHING for Manning. That's fair enough, they are entitled to a return on their 'asset', but just tell us the rationale and cut out the speculation
Manning has been accused of everything from your measured 'not trying his best' to the more extreme 'ungrateful little sh1t' Such disparaging comments were unnecessary if the club had communicated effectively the reasons why they took one stance with him and a different one with BOS - as they have done today.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:19 - Oct 29 with 2100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:01 - Oct 29 by daveB

Don't agree with that at all, Manning scored in his last 3 games for us and was playing fine, his usual self really very good going forward and woeful defensively. I don't think he downed tools although he did have a few poor games at the end of last season

I've mentioned my point elsewhere. I'd no problems with his work rate in attack.

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:24 - Oct 29 with 2082 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:15 - Oct 29 by Myke

Well Brian, if they can say it now, why not a month ago? Why not be open with the fans? On this thread you said he was a different case than BOS because he (Manning) was not trying his best so we needed to 'get rid'. Clearly now, by Warburton's own admission the only reason they were not treated the same is because we are entitled to comp for BOS and not for Ryan. So the club felt they needed SOMETHING for Manning. That's fair enough, they are entitled to a return on their 'asset', but just tell us the rationale and cut out the speculation
Manning has been accused of everything from your measured 'not trying his best' to the more extreme 'ungrateful little sh1t' Such disparaging comments were unnecessary if the club had communicated effectively the reasons why they took one stance with him and a different one with BOS - as they have done today.

I have a lot of sympathy for your points, Myke.

My views are not the same as the club's public statements. I've made my point clear on why I thought Manning had to go based on what I could see in his defensive work in matches, and I broadly agree with DaveB's views on why BOS may not have to leave (depending on what's really happening behind closed doors - which would never be spoken about in public, and quite rightly too).

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 21:09 - Oct 29 with 2009 viewsfrancisbowles

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:24 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I have a lot of sympathy for your points, Myke.

My views are not the same as the club's public statements. I've made my point clear on why I thought Manning had to go based on what I could see in his defensive work in matches, and I broadly agree with DaveB's views on why BOS may not have to leave (depending on what's really happening behind closed doors - which would never be spoken about in public, and quite rightly too).

Brian I agree with your point about Manning being very slow to track back. I'm not sure that it had anything to do with his not wanting to sign and the club leaving him out scenario, though.

This was something I noticed and spoke to my neighbour about almost as soon as he started to play left back. In fact, I'm sure I posted on this board that I thought he was too slow to be a full back based on what I had seen. Largely, he could only play with the ball in front of him, good running down the line with the ball at his feet and passing, crossing and shooting but poor when facing the other way.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 21:26 - Oct 29 with 1970 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 21:09 - Oct 29 by francisbowles

Brian I agree with your point about Manning being very slow to track back. I'm not sure that it had anything to do with his not wanting to sign and the club leaving him out scenario, though.

This was something I noticed and spoke to my neighbour about almost as soon as he started to play left back. In fact, I'm sure I posted on this board that I thought he was too slow to be a full back based on what I had seen. Largely, he could only play with the ball in front of him, good running down the line with the ball at his feet and passing, crossing and shooting but poor when facing the other way.

FB,

1st Para, I'm not sure it had either.

2nd Para, agree with all that. I just think he lacked effort defensively on top of that.

At this stage anyway I've made my points. Best to leave it there, I'd say, because we're all just guessing on the Manning situation.

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:00 - Oct 30 with 1721 viewsWoodlaneR

I think it's a bit harsh to blame the club to be honest. They have their stance on this and judging by the comments on here offering different opinions on how to make the remaining months of his contract here as difficult as possible it would seem most would seem to agree with this.
If people start sending him abuse over social media that's not the clubs fault.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:12 - Oct 30 with 1691 viewsdaveB

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:00 - Oct 30 by WoodlaneR

I think it's a bit harsh to blame the club to be honest. They have their stance on this and judging by the comments on here offering different opinions on how to make the remaining months of his contract here as difficult as possible it would seem most would seem to agree with this.
If people start sending him abuse over social media that's not the clubs fault.

The club know it will happen though so just say he has a slight knock rather than throwing him under the bus about the contract, you only have to look at this thread to see the initial reaction of throw him in the under 18's etc, multiple that by several thousand on social media. A really stupid week from the club all very avoidable.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:28 - Oct 30 with 1634 viewsDieByYourSide

How complicated can these talks be? Don't we have a wage ceiling? This is the most we can offer you basic, this is your release clause and we won't stand in the way once an offer comes in.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:40 - Oct 30 with 1540 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:28 - Oct 30 by DieByYourSide

How complicated can these talks be? Don't we have a wage ceiling? This is the most we can offer you basic, this is your release clause and we won't stand in the way once an offer comes in.

Well that is assuming we’re offering him top wack. Also apparently our wages are heavily performance related so maybe that’s been a sticking point. Then there’s length of contract, release clauses, etc.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 12:40 - Oct 30 with 1432 viewsWoodlaneR

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 09:12 - Oct 30 by daveB

The club know it will happen though so just say he has a slight knock rather than throwing him under the bus about the contract, you only have to look at this thread to see the initial reaction of throw him in the under 18's etc, multiple that by several thousand on social media. A really stupid week from the club all very avoidable.

Yeah, it's a good point about giving it the "didn't pass a late fitness test" line if the negotiations hadn't got to Mannings stage at that time.
We would have all known it was rubbish but it's about playing the game with these things.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 13:18 - Oct 30 with 1377 viewsderbyhoop

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:43 - Oct 29 by TGRRRSSS

Signing on fee too.

PLus can probably buy much bigger house in Swansea area...

A lot closer to Galway,as well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:00 - Oct 30 with 1220 viewsTGRRRSSS

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 10:57 - Oct 29 by danehoop

Against that, it would be in Swansea.

Nice coastal areas around though - not my choice but
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:47 - Oct 30 with 1127 viewsfrancisbowles

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:00 - Oct 30 by TGRRRSSS

Nice coastal areas around though - not my choice but

One of my daughters went to university there. Town is pretty bad but the Gower and the Mumbles are very attractive areas nearby.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024