Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up 16:25 - Oct 27 with 13268 viewsTrellick

Refusing to sign new contract & left out tonight.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:26 - Oct 27 with 2138 viewsdachiltern

Would it be reasonable to ban him from the club?
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:27 - Oct 27 with 2136 viewsMalintabuk

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if a club comes in for him.
Let's be honest apart from a couple of decent matches as he really torn up trees?
He really does flatter to deceive and if the Bruges story is true then they have had a result
I can see him off to some exotic league in Asia ..... where he will be the big fish in a pond....
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:28 - Oct 27 with 2133 viewsTGRRRSSS

On the face of it he's got very bad advice here, he should look at Eze and whats happened for him, which clearly is what he wants but unlike Eze hasnt done the hard yards in the same way.

Other clubs will be taking note of this, and won't make him such an attractive option at the top level.

A real shame, for us and him by the looks of things

Agents really are a parasite on football and the people they claim to look after.

He can sign a deal abroad on January 1st of course, which is only a few weeks so...
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:31 - Oct 27 with 2108 viewsslmrstid

I say the below with a disclaimer that we dont know its definitely true (yet), but BOS did pull a similar stunt to Blackpool to force his move through to us when he signed so there is form.

Whether it was the same agent involved then too who knows!
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:33 - Oct 27 with 2093 viewsfrancisbowles

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:28 - Oct 27 by TGRRRSSS

On the face of it he's got very bad advice here, he should look at Eze and whats happened for him, which clearly is what he wants but unlike Eze hasnt done the hard yards in the same way.

Other clubs will be taking note of this, and won't make him such an attractive option at the top level.

A real shame, for us and him by the looks of things

Agents really are a parasite on football and the people they claim to look after.

He can sign a deal abroad on January 1st of course, which is only a few weeks so...

Is there different rules for domestic and other countries then?

What about compensation is that different if he goes out of England?
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:36 - Oct 27 with 2060 viewsGalileo

He’s no Eze and won’t be for a good while yet.
Plays in fits and starts, can’t say he’s a great crosser, not a natural finisher but he does have pace which seems to be in demand these days.
He’s dreaming if he thinks he’s heading off to play regular football in the Premiership.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:37 - Oct 27 with 2052 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes I think he can sign for a side abroad on (or from) Jan 1st -

I cant remember the name they give it, basically a pre contract thing committing to signing I imagine on the day after contract expires - lets say July 1st.

However I don't think you can sign a rpe contract within England (at least) or within PL or EFL.

I'm sure agreements get made on the QT but cannot be official, whereas he could sign for say PSG on Jan 1st.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:39 - Oct 27 with 2039 viewsFrankRightguard

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:04 - Oct 27 by daveB

Don't forget Hall and Lumley as well

Hall sacked it off didn’t he? As a reward for us nursing him through years of injuries.
Login to get fewer ads

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:39 - Oct 27 with 2037 viewsqprd

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:16 - Oct 27 by QPR_John

So what do you suggest the strategy should be. Give a player what he asks for or play him knowing you cannot plan ahead.

do what literally every other club in this situation does.... play the player. if he doesnt want to re-sign, then let him go at the end of his contract or sell him before then.... but he should play out the duration of his contract

what warbs is doing is mutually destructive to all... hurts the player who presumably wants to play... hurts the club by making ourselves worse on the pitch and by deflating the value of an asset when we eventually do let him go.... how much less valuable is bright going to be in january after hes not played for 3 months?
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:41 - Oct 27 with 2026 viewsFrankRightguard

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:39 - Oct 27 by qprd

do what literally every other club in this situation does.... play the player. if he doesnt want to re-sign, then let him go at the end of his contract or sell him before then.... but he should play out the duration of his contract

what warbs is doing is mutually destructive to all... hurts the player who presumably wants to play... hurts the club by making ourselves worse on the pitch and by deflating the value of an asset when we eventually do let him go.... how much less valuable is bright going to be in january after hes not played for 3 months?

How do you know it is Warburton?
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:43 - Oct 27 with 2008 viewsqprd

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:31 - Oct 27 by slmrstid

I say the below with a disclaimer that we dont know its definitely true (yet), but BOS did pull a similar stunt to Blackpool to force his move through to us when he signed so there is form.

Whether it was the same agent involved then too who knows!

what youre saying re blackpool is factually incorrect.....

but putting that aside, lets assume what you said is correct.

put yourselves in brights shoes...

you can play for a league 2 club in blackpol thats going nowhere with horrible owners playing in front of empty stadiums (b/c the fans boycotted) on a average wages hundreds of miles away from your family.... or you can play for a team 2 divisions higher on higher wages and closer to your family

what would you do in his shoes?
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:44 - Oct 27 with 2001 viewsqprd

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:41 - Oct 27 by FrankRightguard

How do you know it is Warburton?

b/c warburton has repeatedly made statements to this effect

b/c les ferdinand and lee hoos have been around before warburton became manager, and this is a new policy....
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:44 - Oct 27 with 1994 viewsstevec

Yet another reason why the Championship needs a wage cap.

Players would still be paid well but they’d have a lot less options knowing other clubs would have largely used up the cap on existing squads. Stops these chancers from taking the piss unless he thought he’d get a Premier club which seems unlikely.

Would have fcked Manning too.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:45 - Oct 27 with 1980 viewsFrankRightguard

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:44 - Oct 27 by qprd

b/c warburton has repeatedly made statements to this effect

b/c les ferdinand and lee hoos have been around before warburton became manager, and this is a new policy....

Oh right. Must be it then.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:54 - Oct 27 with 1916 viewsLazyFan

The problem for BOS is he actually has not really set the world alight since the start of the season.

Now we shall not play him ever again, it means his record looks bad when a club do come in for him in Jan. Also, we can play him at U23's all the time to make him turn up, but then sub him like 10 mins in so, he actually does not really get match fit. Meaning he will be out for around 9 months.

It will take him 3 months to get back up to speed with a new club. And that's at the level he is at now, not the one we saw last season. So, we are talking another season somewhere else before he settles in.

I expect him to sign for Fulham and not really do anything when they come down. WAste a second season with them and then be a sub only. Then have to move again. Probably by then to PNE and the eventually slow slip into the lower leagues. Welcome to Omar Bogle land.

He makes some money but actually not that much and misses his Eze chance with this approach. Big mistake by him this.

zzzzzzzzzz

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:55 - Oct 27 with 1908 viewsbakerloo8

If he doesn't want to sign the fark him, noone is bigger than the club..
I'd look to get him off the books asap, no reason to be paying this guy 7k a week to sit in the stand, unless we have the money to tuck him up for the season which I personally would love to see. Get him out somewhere on loan where they pay his wages and forget about the clown. Far better players out there
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 19:04 - Oct 27 with 1866 viewskensalriser

Isn't this scenario why we signed Adomah?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 19:47 - Oct 27 with 1770 viewsslmrstid

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:43 - Oct 27 by qprd

what youre saying re blackpool is factually incorrect.....

but putting that aside, lets assume what you said is correct.

put yourselves in brights shoes...

you can play for a league 2 club in blackpol thats going nowhere with horrible owners playing in front of empty stadiums (b/c the fans boycotted) on a average wages hundreds of miles away from your family.... or you can play for a team 2 divisions higher on higher wages and closer to your family

what would you do in his shoes?

Not factually incorrect at all, I remember full well the public Instagram posts complaining about not being allowed to go.

Yes QPR at the time was a move upward, but public strops dont paint you in a good light and when similar situations occur in future years paints a bit more of a picture.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:00 - Oct 27 with 1723 viewsqprd

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 19:47 - Oct 27 by slmrstid

Not factually incorrect at all, I remember full well the public Instagram posts complaining about not being allowed to go.

Yes QPR at the time was a move upward, but public strops dont paint you in a good light and when similar situations occur in future years paints a bit more of a picture.

please go back and read what happened on transfer day... it is literally nothing like this situation in any respect, as you said in your original post

blackpool agreed to his transfer, he went down to london, did all his medicals, signed all his paperwork and then blackpool's owner went AWOL with no explanation 10 minutes before the deadline window shut (after verbally having agreed a move)... the same blackpool owner, who was found by a court to have impropely appropriated club assets and was despised so much by his fans that they boycotted home matches en masse for over a year.... but sure, lets blame bright, who was 18 at the time...

its incredibly incredibly lazy and sloppy to suggest that he "pulled a similar stunt to force a move"... not to mention, bright has not tried to force any move... qpr are trying to force him to sign a contract
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:03 - Oct 27 with 1707 viewsnumptydumpty

This policy is not working - I think it is affecting morale

I thought Manning probably was told he could only play in a position he did not think was his best ie left back - tend to agree

Bright slightly more irritated about

Turned down a move we had accepted - and then turned down anything we have offered without being sold to anyone else

Clearly he is our best player currently and I would have thought well liked

If he wants more but we not have it then it is as it is -still play him ie may affect others - us paying him - not playing him - then selling him for lot less - not financial sense - we led believe we running a tight ship but remember the squad dynamics

To be fair prior to these wage negotiation fall outs - Bright and Manning were two of our favourite players. Tried hard for the shirt - seemed to be blessed by the opportunity to play for us and both have done well for us.

I perhaps think there faults both with player and our management over this issue but we are in a poor run of form and such disputes must be resolved not worsened

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:27 - Oct 27 with 1642 viewspaulparker

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:03 - Oct 27 by numptydumpty

This policy is not working - I think it is affecting morale

I thought Manning probably was told he could only play in a position he did not think was his best ie left back - tend to agree

Bright slightly more irritated about

Turned down a move we had accepted - and then turned down anything we have offered without being sold to anyone else

Clearly he is our best player currently and I would have thought well liked

If he wants more but we not have it then it is as it is -still play him ie may affect others - us paying him - not playing him - then selling him for lot less - not financial sense - we led believe we running a tight ship but remember the squad dynamics

To be fair prior to these wage negotiation fall outs - Bright and Manning were two of our favourite players. Tried hard for the shirt - seemed to be blessed by the opportunity to play for us and both have done well for us.

I perhaps think there faults both with player and our management over this issue but we are in a poor run of form and such disputes must be resolved not worsened

Yep totally agree
Warburtons interview with Clive at the start of the season was bordering on arrogant Imo
Something isn’t right at the club , people will say it’s early days but the recruitment hasn’t been great with the Eze money, we haven’t built from the back when last year we leaked goals
I loved Les as a player but DOF , not for me it’s 5 years he has been here and I don’t think we have progressed, we lose players for nothing, recruitment has been poor , and the managerial appointments haven’t worked either
The club is a mess

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 21:38 - Oct 27 with 1517 viewscolinallcars

I'd play him in the under 23s but only on days when it's freezing cold and piddling down with rain, snow or sleet.
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 21:40 - Oct 27 with 1496 viewsMedwayR

I expect he’ll sign a contract with the Belgian club in jan to join on a free in the summer.

Poll: Who’s better?

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:10 - Oct 27 with 1415 viewsdaveB

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 18:39 - Oct 27 by FrankRightguard

Hall sacked it off didn’t he? As a reward for us nursing him through years of injuries.

he did but it's sadly a growing pattern of players getting into their last year and then going. Easy to blame the players but club shouldn't be getting into this position
Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 22:23 - Oct 27 with 1374 viewsQPR_John

Report on twitter that Brights tucked us right up on 20:00 - Oct 27 by qprd

please go back and read what happened on transfer day... it is literally nothing like this situation in any respect, as you said in your original post

blackpool agreed to his transfer, he went down to london, did all his medicals, signed all his paperwork and then blackpool's owner went AWOL with no explanation 10 minutes before the deadline window shut (after verbally having agreed a move)... the same blackpool owner, who was found by a court to have impropely appropriated club assets and was despised so much by his fans that they boycotted home matches en masse for over a year.... but sure, lets blame bright, who was 18 at the time...

its incredibly incredibly lazy and sloppy to suggest that he "pulled a similar stunt to force a move"... not to mention, bright has not tried to force any move... qpr are trying to force him to sign a contract

" not to mention, bright has not tried to force any move... qpr are trying to force him to sign a contract"

So not signing a new contract, and of course that is his right, is not trying to force a move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024