Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formula 1 12:54 - Oct 31 with 1119 viewsEsox_Lucius

Given the propensity for threads in this group on just about all sports played professionally it is a bit surprising to see that there hasn't been any mention in a week of a British driver breaking the record for most GP's won and likely to be heading for a record seventh World Championship this season. I know that there are some who are vociferously against Formula 1 but this is a proper achievement and built upon consistency every season since 2007.
I was watching a show about his greatest races during this period and one thing that comes sharply into focus is that luck played a very small part in that sequence with bad luck, mechanical failures, opponents crashing into him etc. playing a bigger part.
Well done Lewis Hamilton and I really hope you put those records beyond the reach of any drivers to come, you have been a joy to watch during those years.
The GOAT.

The grass is always greener.

Formula 1 on 13:11 - Oct 31 with 1098 viewsbosh67

The thing about Hamilton, particularly over the last few years is that he has switched off all the hot headedness he suffered from in the cockpit and he's Borg like in his execution of a race plan, when the car works with the strategy. A lot of people will say he has the best car and the best team but the reality is that he's the best driver on the planet by some distance. To the point he actually makes it look easy. It really isn't.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Formula 1 on 13:23 - Oct 31 with 1088 viewsRangersDave

Put a donkey in the best car of the best team you get nothing.....

Put the best driver in the world in the best car and you have someone who your proud is British!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Formula 1 on 13:23 - Oct 31 with 1086 viewsloftboy

Formula 1 on 13:23 - Oct 31 by RangersDave

Put a donkey in the best car of the best team you get nothing.....

Put the best driver in the world in the best car and you have someone who your proud is British!

Shame he’s not paying his taxes here!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Formula 1 on 13:30 - Oct 31 with 1067 viewsRangersDave

none of them ever do, or live here.....just a big tax dodge, but that doesnt mean we should hold it against him.

You dont hear the italians or germans really slating their drivers as much as we do.

We should be proud that Britain has , arguably, the best driver ever, and someone who is raching up so many firsts, i will be dead by the time someone beats them all.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Formula 1 on 13:34 - Oct 31 with 1062 viewsMyke

Have to admit that watching cars driving around in circles doesn't excite me. But I do concede that Hamilton does it rather better than anyone else at the minute.
As for the old 'pity he doesn't pay his taxes here' chestnut, to be honest, would any of us, given the choice? It doesn't take away from his achievements imo, anymore than it detracts from U2 being Ireland's greatest rock band for the past 40 years
Formula 1 on 14:04 - Oct 31 with 1020 viewsstowmarketrange

Formula 1 on 13:34 - Oct 31 by Myke

Have to admit that watching cars driving around in circles doesn't excite me. But I do concede that Hamilton does it rather better than anyone else at the minute.
As for the old 'pity he doesn't pay his taxes here' chestnut, to be honest, would any of us, given the choice? It doesn't take away from his achievements imo, anymore than it detracts from U2 being Ireland's greatest rock band for the past 40 years

When you reach his level of wealth would it really matter if you paid your fair share of tax to the country that helped to make you what you’ve become?
I know he isn’t the first tax exile we’ve ever had but how much money does 1 person need?He does a lot for the charities of his choice though so it isn’t just about the money.
You have to applaud his achievements in his sport,but I personally think he is just a boring tw@t,but I don’t suppose it will spoil his day.
Formula 1 on 20:53 - Oct 31 with 913 viewsdigswellhoop

not a patch on senna Mansel Clarke plus more drivers who had no power steering manual gear change he's always had best car
Formula 1 on 21:23 - Oct 31 with 875 viewsQPR_Jim

Formula 1 on 20:53 - Oct 31 by digswellhoop

not a patch on senna Mansel Clarke plus more drivers who had no power steering manual gear change he's always had best car

So if Senna was driving now he'd be a worse driver because the cars have power steering? Makes no sense, you can only drive what's available at your time and make the best of it.

There's also two of each car, so you can only really have the equal best car. He had some great races for McLaren punching well above the cars ability when they started to drop off before he went to Mercedes.

Anyway he's a great driver, some of his qualifying laps like Singapore where Ferrari we're quicker but he still managed to put it on pole were sensational. He's matured as well over his career and is a much more likeable personality these days, tax arrangements aside.
Login to get fewer ads

Formula 1 on 21:27 - Oct 31 with 862 viewsLythamR

I am not against F1 but honestly its been pretty boring for the last few seasons and this season particularly has been a procession pretty much from the first race. Wake me up when its competitive again.

Regarding Hamilton, I recognise his achievement but am not moved or inspired to talk about it anywhere. Put him in a Red Bull or Ferarri next season and if he still won it might perk me up a bit
Formula 1 on 00:29 - Nov 1 with 801 viewsSydneyRs

Would already have 7 titles if it wasn't for that ridiculously unlucky season where Rosberg won it. He had a number of engine failures, Rosberg in the same car had none. He also copped additional penalties due to using too many engines over the season because of said bad luck and still only lost the title by five points.

GOAT
Formula 1 on 00:35 - Nov 1 with 796 viewsBoston

Formula 1 on 13:30 - Oct 31 by RangersDave

none of them ever do, or live here.....just a big tax dodge, but that doesnt mean we should hold it against him.

You dont hear the italians or germans really slating their drivers as much as we do.

We should be proud that Britain has , arguably, the best driver ever, and someone who is raching up so many firsts, i will be dead by the time someone beats them all.

That's because you don't speak Italian or German old chap, vorsprung durch technik and all that.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Formula 1 on 00:40 - Nov 1 with 787 viewsMoonshineSteve

"As for the old 'pity he doesn't pay his taxes here' chestnut, to be honest, would any of us, given the choice?"

Yes, we would.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024