Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 term managers 12:12 - Jan 21 with 5247 viewsLongsufferingR

Now that it looks likely that MW will complete a second full season in charge, who was the last manager to complete that outrageous feat?
2 term managers on 22:07 - Jan 21 with 1354 viewsTacticalR

Don't forget that when loftboy did a poll on Dec 19th, the day we drew with Wycombe, and when we hadn't won a game for more than a month, 66% said Warbs should stay:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/266540/new-poll-o

Air hostess clique

2 term managers on 22:57 - Jan 21 with 1302 viewsloftboy

2 term managers on 22:07 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Don't forget that when loftboy did a poll on Dec 19th, the day we drew with Wycombe, and when we hadn't won a game for more than a month, 66% said Warbs should stay:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/266540/new-poll-o

Forgot about that, just been on and changed my vote ☺️

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

2 term managers on 07:55 - Jan 22 with 1213 viewsDorse

2 term managers on 14:27 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Achieved after Mr No Plan B switched the formation to a three at the back.

So you're saying he lacks a Plan C? Unacceptable! Warburton out!
#announcegilet #announcepards #announceannouncements

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

2 term managers on 09:56 - Jan 22 with 1150 viewsBAWHoops

Also, whisper it quietly, but we don't really concede off set pieces anymore

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

2 term managers on 10:26 - Jan 22 with 1123 viewsDubaiR

Loved that league 1 couple of seasons. Some amazing away days, half way through the second season I moved to Dubai, flying back for the play off final (Just after Port Vale away with Padula)

Away following was superb, some good old proper grounds and the atmosphere was good.

Compare that to going to the Emirates etc where we are not a pull and the atmosphere crap.
2 term managers on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 1107 views2Thomas2Bowles

MW
I'll criticise when it's justified and it was, far too stubborn and did not look like changing.

Too early to say all is forgiven.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

2 term managers on 10:48 - Jan 22 with 1099 viewsridethewave

2 term managers on 14:21 - Jan 21 by bosh67

I really think Warburton understands the financial position of the club and can deal with that far better than any other manager we could bring in.

He understands finances and has a bigger personal fortune than Fernandes from his city trading days so he's not here for the money.When things were bad a week or so ago fans were saying he would sit here and take the money to get pushed but it's peanuts compared to what he has. He's only here because he feels he can do something long term to turn the club's fortunes around.

Who knows, he could end up being the eventual owner of the club as well!

He's not short of money from his city days, but he certainly does not have anywhere near the wealth of Fernandes. Not even in the same league money-wise.
2 term managers on 11:15 - Jan 22 with 1061 viewsEsox_Lucius

2 term managers on 10:48 - Jan 22 by ridethewave

He's not short of money from his city days, but he certainly does not have anywhere near the wealth of Fernandes. Not even in the same league money-wise.

Somewhere between
https://networthpost.org/net-worth/mark-warburton-net-worth/
and
https://www.networthlist.org/mark-warburton-net-worth-168195
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 11:16]

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

2 term managers on 11:49 - Jan 22 with 1008 viewsridethewave

2 term managers on 11:15 - Jan 22 by Esox_Lucius

Somewhere between
https://networthpost.org/net-worth/mark-warburton-net-worth/
and
https://www.networthlist.org/mark-warburton-net-worth-168195
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 11:16]

Ha that's very amusing! These lists are notoriously nonsense as you point out. As a retired city trader he'll be worth millions, not tens of millions, or hundreds of millions like Fernandes.

Also note he apparently works in the art department...
2 term managers on 12:25 - Jan 22 with 981 viewsLythamR

2 term managers on 10:37 - Jan 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

MW
I'll criticise when it's justified and it was, far too stubborn and did not look like changing.

Too early to say all is forgiven.

"Too early to say all is forgiven."

Can i tell him he can live in hope at least?
2 term managers on 12:34 - Jan 22 with 966 views2Thomas2Bowles

2 term managers on 12:25 - Jan 22 by LythamR

"Too early to say all is forgiven."

Can i tell him he can live in hope at least?

It's the hope that kills ya....

2 term managers on 14:51 - Jan 22 with 910 viewsgolborne

2 term managers on 20:59 - Jan 21 by CiderwithRsie

I won't mention names, but quite a few respected posters on here got very concerned earlier, with good reason IMO; nearly all them have praised him within reason for the last few results. I'm a bit of a happy-clapper myself but I have no problem with any of that at all.

There are a few other posters who were very critical in the post-lockdown games last season and were straight on his case at the first opportunity this year. I'm a lot less impressed with that, partly because a lot of them have also been on the case of virtually every manager we've had since Warnock.

Weirdly I don't remember this being such an issue in the Tango and Cash years, maybe because they sacked 'em faster than we could get p*ssed off.

and likely the same who think...
Chair not up to it/good enough...
Eze is lazy...
2 term managers on 15:24 - Jan 22 with 888 viewsrobith

2 term managers on 14:21 - Jan 21 by bosh67

I really think Warburton understands the financial position of the club and can deal with that far better than any other manager we could bring in.

He understands finances and has a bigger personal fortune than Fernandes from his city trading days so he's not here for the money.When things were bad a week or so ago fans were saying he would sit here and take the money to get pushed but it's peanuts compared to what he has. He's only here because he feels he can do something long term to turn the club's fortunes around.

Who knows, he could end up being the eventual owner of the club as well!

I feel if you sacked him, then looked at what we wanted - a manager who can improve assests for sale, happy to work on a shoe string and try to play progressive football - Mark Warburton would actually be fairly high on the list.

I'm a Warbz in go through and through - he can be infuriating but I see little upside to getting rid
2 term managers on 15:35 - Jan 22 with 875 viewsstainrods_elbow

2 term managers on 14:23 - Jan 21 by flynnbo

Indeed, where are all those posters demanding his dismissal? Haven't seen many now that we've won two on the spin and away games and clean sheets to boot? Surely, they have the grace to give credit where credit's due?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:28]

I'm one who will and does, but it's only a couple of games after a mostly dire couple of months and Dieng had (literally) a big hand or two in the latest result, even if we did deserve it for our improved 2nd half showing. It doesn't mean I'm suddenly now won over by Warburton, some of our squad, or indeed other people in charge at the club, as a pair of half-decent swallows don't even make a spring. But if Dykes does come good, Bonne continues to flourish and the board/CEO don't bite off the hands of bidders for Chair, Dickie and our goalkeeper at the first opportunity, things might just start cooking and I'll eat a decent slice of humble pie.

Squad-wise, losing Amos and now LTC, plus BOS being in the doghouse pending his departure, leaves us lighter than ever. I hope the club realise that, if we don't bring in a bare minimum of two quality loans, the manager will be managing with an arm tied behind his back. (If I were Warburton, I wouldn't be asking, I'd be telling them.)
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 15:41]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

2 term managers on 16:48 - Jan 22 with 832 viewsNorthantsHoop

MW has improved our away form in the last 2 seasons. At the moment we are on a run of 5 games unbeaten away, including two clean sheet wins, and a draw against high flying Norwich. The home form has been disappointing, but we have not been firing in this since the lockdown re-start.
If he gets us safely through the season, I would be happy for him to get a new contract, prefer his football to his predecessors.
2 term managers on 17:21 - Jan 23 with 744 views2Thomas2Bowles

2 term managers on 12:34 - Jan 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's the hope that kills ya....

*Cough*

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024