Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report 16:48 - Feb 2 with 5641 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54115/qpr-toast-fi
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:41 - Feb 3 with 688 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:29 - Feb 3 by Northernr

I expected a booking for that purely because the goalkeeper was releasing the ball into a counter attack situation. It was like the deliberate handball their lad did get booked for second half, deliberate and cyncical act to prevent a counter attack forming.

Good reasoning, I do see that, but a bit harsh to call it 'breaking up a promising attack' when its the gk.

The other possibility would be 'delaying the restart' but this is easily discounted by us pedantic referees by the fact the ball is in play, so its not a restart!

Having said that I don't think you would be marked down for just calling it Unsporting Behaviour - 'Other' on the misconduct report, so maybe 'never in a month of Sundays' was a tad bullish!
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:46 - Feb 3 with 666 viewsloftboy

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:35 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

Where does it mention swearing is an automatic card?

using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
I’d say calling someone a cûnt covers that

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:58 - Feb 3 with 644 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:46 - Feb 3 by loftboy

using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
I’d say calling someone a cûnt covers that

Yes it does, but someone mentioned that swearing should be automatic yellow - swearing isn't an automatic card.

I was also alluding to a referee who would send someone off for calling him/her a cheat - THAT's offensive and far far worse than " Never a f****ing corner ref" - you won't find many reaching for a card for that sort of thing for example.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 16:10 - Feb 3 with 628 viewsloftboy

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:58 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

Yes it does, but someone mentioned that swearing should be automatic yellow - swearing isn't an automatic card.

I was also alluding to a referee who would send someone off for calling him/her a cheat - THAT's offensive and far far worse than " Never a f****ing corner ref" - you won't find many reaching for a card for that sort of thing for example.

That last sentence was exactly the remit that I reffed to.

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 16:16 - Feb 3 with 625 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 16:10 - Feb 3 by loftboy

That last sentence was exactly the remit that I reffed to.

and most others.

I would certainly 'have a word' at say U16 level for some low level swearing/dissent, because you don't want every decision queried like that, but to whip out a card at the first swear word - never going to work- anywhere!

BTW If you once reffed how about answering some of the referee questions on here?
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 16:27 - Feb 3 with 614 viewsloftboy

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 16:16 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

and most others.

I would certainly 'have a word' at say U16 level for some low level swearing/dissent, because you don't want every decision queried like that, but to whip out a card at the first swear word - never going to work- anywhere!

BTW If you once reffed how about answering some of the referee questions on here?

Took the exam first in 1981 when I was 13 ( Berks and bucks youngest ref at the time) gave up in 84 as my dad had visions of me walking out at Wembley one day and was pushing me too hard ( should have listened to him at the time but booze and birds beckoned) re took it in 1993 but was too late to get to the levels I could have so never put in for promotion and stuck to park football, was awarded referee of the year in 2000 in the Chiswick and district Sunday league, gave up a couple of years later.
In answer to your question I haven’t kept up with all the changes since then .

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 16:36 - Feb 3 with 606 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 16:27 - Feb 3 by loftboy

Took the exam first in 1981 when I was 13 ( Berks and bucks youngest ref at the time) gave up in 84 as my dad had visions of me walking out at Wembley one day and was pushing me too hard ( should have listened to him at the time but booze and birds beckoned) re took it in 1993 but was too late to get to the levels I could have so never put in for promotion and stuck to park football, was awarded referee of the year in 2000 in the Chiswick and district Sunday league, gave up a couple of years later.
In answer to your question I haven’t kept up with all the changes since then .

Fair enough - there have been a ridiculous amount - far too many and far too complicated now IMHO.

I was out with a much 'higher' ref just before lockdown and he didn't know one of the basic changes re GK movement at penalties - just too many for someone doing it as a 'hobby' to keep up with, so understandable, if not really forgivable!
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:23 - Feb 3 with 545 viewsNed_Kennedys

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 10:15 - Feb 3 by LazyFan

Having watched Kanes cross again, I think he is actually aiming for Kelman and Uncle picks it out as its actually a poor cross. This is why it foxes everyone from both teams, along with the great touch of course. You can see this from a different angle that's he is looking to Kelman and not anyone else.

So, that assist from Kane in my view is more luck than skill.

There are a few QPR players that always seem to get the negative comments, even when they've had a great game or been part of a defense that have remained unbeaten for 6 away games in a row: currently Kane (as you've just proved) and Cameron.

I like Cameron: I think he's a good choice for captain and has played a lot of football this season when a few on here expected him to be unable to last a full game. He's not as good as Dickie or Barbet but so what?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 23:14 - Feb 3 with 442 viewsqpr1976

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 18:22 - Feb 2 by johnhoop

Ater we were narrowly beaten in the FA Cup fifth round by Premier League titans UdineseB 2 years ago, their captain Troy"c-nt" Deeney said it had been a difficult game for them because it was our "cup-final"

Oh ok, so not a recent quote then. Thought I’d missed something. Thanks
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 23:51 - Feb 3 with 415 viewsdannyblue

One more note of appreciation for the haunted house, the caledonion sleeper, the man bitten by his own teeth
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 00:56 - Feb 4 with 374 viewsSydneyRs

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 15:07 - Feb 3 by Antti_Heinola

I remember old Roger Milford saying it was ridiculous to send off for swearing, but if a player called him a cheat, it was a straight red.
They're just words - if someone is being abusive in the face of an official, fine - and i think sometimes refs are too lenient there, particularly with RAs! But I'm not going to get bothered about Deeney.

Swearing at the ref is one thing. Shouting FFS or similar after a mistake or a decision against you quite another. Had many a discussion with refs about this in my park football days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024