Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Worthington RIP 09:07 - Mar 23 with 6656 viewsMrSheen

Elvis has left the building.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/23/frank-worthington-former-englan
Frank Worthington RIP on 09:11 - Mar 23 with 5050 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just seen this on the TV

Wonderful player, I'll always remember a goal he scored at LR from the halfway line for Bolton.

Sadly it was not filmed

R I P
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 9:18]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:13 - Mar 23 with 5054 viewshoopsmark

RIP Frank,thanks for the memories.......
Frank Worthington RIP on 09:14 - Mar 23 with 5041 viewsDiscodroids

Ahh No.

Frank Worthington. The Man who fell to earth.

A beautiful talent.

RIP.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:20 - Mar 23 with 5011 viewsPhildo

Fantastic player RIP
Frank Worthington RIP on 09:24 - Mar 23 with 4996 viewsMrSheen

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:14 - Mar 23 by Discodroids

Ahh No.

A beautiful talent.

RIP.

Would he have been in the same Bolton team as Sam Allardyce? Birds of feather, or maybe not.
Frank Worthington RIP on 09:38 - Mar 23 with 4940 viewsterryb

RIP Frank.

I'm so pleased that I was of an age that meant I saw you play. A superb player that many went to watch him rather than his team or the game.
Frank Worthington RIP on 09:39 - Mar 23 with 4938 viewsloftboy

Like Stan many of his goals not caught on camera, imagine a player today scoring a goal like that, you’d never hear the end of it. RIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:02 - Mar 23 with 4879 viewsW7Ranger

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:14 - Mar 23 by Discodroids

Ahh No.

A beautiful talent.

RIP.

Seen this goal countless times, but it's the first time I've noticed the ref applauding at as well! Brilliant!

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:11 - Mar 23 with 4869 viewsflynnbo

An absolutely brilliant entertaining footballer. Remember seeing him being interviewed wearing his many different shirts. Top man. RIP Frank.
Frank Worthington RIP on 10:12 - Mar 23 with 4868 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Never spotted that from the ref before. Excellent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:13 - Mar 23 with 4863 viewsNov77

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:11 - Mar 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Just seen this on the TV

Wonderful player, I'll always remember a goal he scored at LR from the halfway line for Bolton.

Sadly it was not filmed

R I P

I remember that goal, late 70s, down at the school end, they beat us 3-1 I think, wasn’t from the half way line, though he did lob Parkes from a good way out.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 4837 viewspaulparker

RIP to a great entertainer
The argument to be had is was he better pulling birds or playing football ?
Tough one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Frank Worthington RIP on 11:09 - Mar 23 with 4764 viewsQPRSteve

Another great talent wasted by England. Eight caps. Marsh, Bowles, McKenzie, George, even Chelscum;s Osgood, did any of them reach double figures for England.

A wonderful player who I never forgave for that goal against us!
Frank Worthington RIP on 11:12 - Mar 23 with 4746 views2Thomas2Bowles

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:13 - Mar 23 by Nov77

I remember that goal, late 70s, down at the school end, they beat us 3-1 I think, wasn’t from the half way line, though he did lob Parkes from a good way out.

I was at the loft end so just looked like it was from the halfway.

Frank Worthington RIP on 11:13 - Mar 23 with 4739 views2Thomas2Bowles

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:19 - Mar 23 by paulparker

RIP to a great entertainer
The argument to be had is was he better pulling birds or playing football ?
Tough one

That why Liverpool did not sign him, they wanted clean-cut not a shagging god LOL

Frank Worthington RIP on 11:28 - Mar 23 with 4709 viewsGalileo

Recall meeting him in the players lounge after a game against Soton in the early/mid 80s. There he was resplendent in his shiny suit, slicked back hair, smoking fags and drinking beer with a youthful blonde in tow.
They don't make footballers like that any more.
Frank Worthington RIP on 11:34 - Mar 23 with 4692 viewsNov77

Frank Worthington RIP on 11:12 - Mar 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I was at the loft end so just looked like it was from the halfway.

I was in the paddocks near the dugout so maybe had a better view. First goal I remember scored by an away team player where our own fans were applauding it.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Frank Worthington RIP on 11:35 - Mar 23 with 4693 viewslightwaterhoop

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:13 - Mar 23 by Nov77

The only time ive applauded a goal by an opposing player against Rangers.Its stuck in my mind forever.

RIP Frank
Frank Worthington RIP on 11:39 - Mar 23 with 4684 viewsBostonR

What a player. Would have been an amazing player had he signed for Liverpool and would have got 50 plus caps.
Frank Worthington RIP on 11:49 - Mar 23 with 4656 viewsheadhoops

RIP Frank another brilliant maverick talent. Had family in Bolton who said most Sunday mornings Frank would turn up in the park with a crate of brown ales and just play football with his mates.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Frank Worthington RIP on 12:01 - Mar 23 with 4618 viewsEsox_Lucius

The last time I saw him play was after a fruitless attempt to watch Sheff Weds vs QPR with my brothers which was called off for an icy pitch when we were somewhere in Nottingham before midday, after listening to the radio for which games were still on we headed to Mansfield which was called off on the way, then Doncaster, also called off as we headed there, and we eventually gave up and headed back to London. Heading along the M1 we heard that the Orient vs Stockport County game was still on so we headed there and arrived in time for kick off. As soon as the game stated I noticed that Frank was playing for Stockport County and was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. He definitely would have been a great QPR player and that is the highest praise. RIP Frank.

The grass is always greener.

Frank Worthington RIP on 13:04 - Mar 23 with 4527 viewsRangersDave

Played against Frank and Banks in a Leicester City v B&Q charity football match in the mid 80's.

Was a very friendly and genuinly nice chap.

Nice one Frank!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Frank Worthington RIP on 13:21 - Mar 23 with 4486 viewsMyke

An outstanding player, right up there with Stan. For a few years when I was 8- 10 , I supported Leicester. Not really sure why, I think because my two older brothers followed Liverpool and Leeds and I felt I should support a team beginning with 'L' too ( I should have stuck with them!) Anyway, I adored Worthington, Weller and Steve Earle. RIP to a true footballing genius. How he would thrive on billiard like surfaces, in a virtually non-contact sport!
Frank Worthington RIP on 13:29 - Mar 23 with 4462 viewsenfieldargh

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:11 - Mar 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Just seen this on the TV

Sadly it was not filmed

R I P

Never forget that goal. I always looked forward to playing whoever he was playing for as like our Stan he was pure magic to watch.

Never got picked up by the big boys always in middle of the road style clubs usually oop north.

RIP Elvis

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Frank Worthington RIP on 14:29 - Mar 23 with 4387 viewsdutch

Why did the 70's produce so many players in the marvellous maverick mould, many of whom played for us of course? Long hair, devil may care working class entertainers who's joy with a ball at their feet was contagious and who's attitude was mad, bad and dangerous. Was its simply a reflection of the buccaneering times, ruined by increasing professionalism and excess money?

RIP Frank, the greatest Elvis ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024