Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Masons 20:04 - Mar 29 with 11845 viewsstowmarketrange

I just watched a documentary on Sky about the Freemasons.It just looks like a gang of old people out for a p@ss up,with a few rituals thrown in for good measure.
My father in law was a mason until giving it up because of poor health recently and I’m glad he never asked me to join.What a load of old tosh.
The Masons on 20:08 - Mar 30 with 1793 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Masons on 20:04 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

No , It is not a secret society but a society with secrets .

However while it is fine and more recently encouraged to divulge my own membership . I would not and should not "out " anyone else .

What’s the deal with scratching each other’s back? What are the limits?
The Masons on 20:08 - Mar 30 with 1792 viewsNoDiddley

The Masons on 09:43 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 9:44]

Lee Perry Mount
Nice name for a road
The Masons on 20:13 - Mar 30 with 1771 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 20:08 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

What’s the deal with scratching each other’s back? What are the limits?

You are asked when you go in if you hope to gain financially , materially(sp) or socially from joining . If you answered yes, you wouldnt get through .

I have been around it for many years but only went in in 2017 . I am told that those who join for those reasons drift off when they realise the reality .
The Masons on 20:17 - Mar 30 with 1761 viewsGloryHunter

The Masons on 20:04 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

No , It is not a secret society but a society with secrets .

However while it is fine and more recently encouraged to divulge my own membership . I would not and should not "out " anyone else .

Allegedly Masonic membership is the only way to get to the top in the police force - which is why so few non-whites or women make it. True or false?
The Masons on 20:22 - Mar 30 with 1741 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Masons on 20:13 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

You are asked when you go in if you hope to gain financially , materially(sp) or socially from joining . If you answered yes, you wouldnt get through .

I have been around it for many years but only went in in 2017 . I am told that those who join for those reasons drift off when they realise the reality .

Ever met big Phil?
The Masons on 20:28 - Mar 30 with 1726 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 20:17 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

Allegedly Masonic membership is the only way to get to the top in the police force - which is why so few non-whites or women make it. True or false?

Honestly , I dont know . Maybe in the past but my gut feeling not these days .
The Masons on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 1718 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 20:22 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ever met big Phil?

Now you are confusing me . I had a motorbike delivered on Friday and the couriers E Mail was Big Phil . so ...yes

In a Masonic sense I dont get it ..
The Masons on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 1717 viewsGloryHunter

The Masons on 20:22 - Mar 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ever met big Phil?

It's Phil's cousin the Duke of Kent who is the "Grand Master".
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 20:40]
Login to get fewer ads

The Masons on 20:32 - Mar 30 with 1715 viewsGloryHunter

The Masons on 20:28 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

Honestly , I dont know . Maybe in the past but my gut feeling not these days .

But there are a lot of coppers in it, innit?
The Masons (n/t) on 20:33 - Mar 30 with 1715 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Masons on 20:31 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

Now you are confusing me . I had a motorbike delivered on Friday and the couriers E Mail was Big Phil . so ...yes

[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 20:34]
The Masons on 20:53 - Mar 30 with 1678 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 20:32 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

But there are a lot of coppers in it, innit?

So the word goes .We have no ex or current police in our lodge. There are probably more than a few in Metropolitan lodges but I bet they have to declare it to the force up front .
The Masons on 20:59 - Mar 30 with 1662 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Masons on 20:31 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

I'm looking for footage of Scolari shaking hands after matches just in case
The Masons on 21:08 - Mar 30 with 1651 viewsGloryHunter

The Masons on 20:53 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

So the word goes .We have no ex or current police in our lodge. There are probably more than a few in Metropolitan lodges but I bet they have to declare it to the force up front .

Are there any women members in your lodge, or in the organisation at all?
The Masons on 21:11 - Mar 30 with 1642 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Masons on 20:53 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

http://www.skirret.com/archive/misc/misc-s/shouldapoliceofficerbeafreemason.html

The grass is always greener.

The Masons on 21:28 - Mar 30 with 1621 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 21:08 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

Are there any women members in your lodge, or in the organisation at all?

There are Womens lodges and they are well respected but the two do not meet together .

The wives and partners of our members all get on very well together when we meet up on social occasions and the welfare of the widows of our ex members are regularly called to keep them included and receive gifts at Christmas
The Masons on 21:31 - Mar 30 with 1617 viewsessextaxiboy

Just as an aside to the OP . His father in law would have never asked him to join although I bet he would have been pleased to have proposed him

You have to come to it of your own free will . "to be one ...ask one"
The Masons on 21:43 - Mar 30 with 1596 viewsGloryHunter

The Masons on 21:11 - Mar 30 by Esox_Lucius

http://www.skirret.com/archive/misc/misc-s/shouldapoliceofficerbeafreemason.html

Other organisations which have secrets, e.g. The Royal Andeluvian Order of Buffaloes, The Elks, The Moose and The Knights of Saint Columbia
The Masons on 21:50 - Mar 30 with 1584 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 21:43 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

Other organisations which have secrets, e.g. The Royal Andeluvian Order of Buffaloes, The Elks, The Moose and The Knights of Saint Columbia

Cringeworthy .... nothing connected with masonry as far as I am aware .

Looks like an Ice hockey semi final draw to me ?
The Masons on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 1583 viewsDannyPaddox

The Masons on 21:43 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

The Knights you say?

The Masons on 22:06 - Mar 30 with 1561 viewsstowmarketrange

The Masons on 21:31 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

Just as an aside to the OP . His father in law would have never asked him to join although I bet he would have been pleased to have proposed him

You have to come to it of your own free will . "to be one ...ask one"

That’s why he never mentioned it then.And I showed interest in his Masonic doings,so there was no there was no chance of me asking him.
The Masons on 22:08 - Mar 30 with 1558 viewsstowmarketrange

The Masons on 21:52 - Mar 30 by DannyPaddox

The Knights you say?

They made a mistake with that sketch as the knights say “It is a good shrubbery.”
The Masons on 22:09 - Mar 30 with 1551 viewsGloryHunter

The Masons on 21:50 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

Essex, you've put your head above the parapet, and fair play to you. But Freemasonry is a bit weird, isn't it? I've been in the construction industry all my working life, and I've been amazed at the number of times people (men) have given me a "secret" masonic handshake. As if that's supposed to mean that we are both meant to favour each other, over non-members? That's corruption, pure and simple.

There are numerous stories (in the books mentioned in that skirret link), about police officers letting criminals off charges, and judges failing to sentence fellow masons who had given them the nod in court. This is clearly anti-democratic and wrong. But it's still going on.
The Masons on 22:28 - Mar 30 with 1511 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 22:09 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

Essex, you've put your head above the parapet, and fair play to you. But Freemasonry is a bit weird, isn't it? I've been in the construction industry all my working life, and I've been amazed at the number of times people (men) have given me a "secret" masonic handshake. As if that's supposed to mean that we are both meant to favour each other, over non-members? That's corruption, pure and simple.

There are numerous stories (in the books mentioned in that skirret link), about police officers letting criminals off charges, and judges failing to sentence fellow masons who had given them the nod in court. This is clearly anti-democratic and wrong. But it's still going on.

Maybe it is a bit strange . of course the construction industry (stonemasons) is where it all started so maybe those things hung on a bit longer there. I dont know whether it was for for some special treatment or just an old school thing. Seems a bit old hat too me .

The court cases and the like , how old are they ? All of these things may have had some substance years ago but now with the media social and mainstream that we have they would never get away with it surely ?

For me I have found some good mates to play golf with, have a few beers with , who would ask after me and offer to help to support me if I need it as I would them . Its a good way to give to charity as well , as the Lodge can decide what to support directly with its cash .
The Masons on 22:40 - Mar 30 with 1492 viewsMrSheen

The Masons on 21:50 - Mar 30 by essextaxiboy

The Knights of St Columba are a Catholic version of the Masons, same ideas of brotherhood and charity. Catholics were not supposed to join the Masons because of the swearing of oaths - though not prohibited by the Masons themselves I believe. The KSC ran the plate collection in Willesden church!
The Masons on 22:46 - Mar 30 with 1470 viewsBoston

The Masons on 22:40 - Mar 30 by MrSheen

The Knights of St Columba are a Catholic version of the Masons, same ideas of brotherhood and charity. Catholics were not supposed to join the Masons because of the swearing of oaths - though not prohibited by the Masons themselves I believe. The KSC ran the plate collection in Willesden church!

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/london-england-picture-id898748122?k=6&
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 22:51]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024