Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Masons 20:04 - Mar 29 with 11842 viewsstowmarketrange

I just watched a documentary on Sky about the Freemasons.It just looks like a gang of old people out for a p@ss up,with a few rituals thrown in for good measure.
My father in law was a mason until giving it up because of poor health recently and I’m glad he never asked me to join.What a load of old tosh.
The Masons on 15:17 - Apr 27 with 1297 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Masons on 13:33 - Apr 27 by Ranger_Things

Interesting Essex, thanks. It does seem a bit odd, to me anyway, that religion is banned but you must have one to join.

After I'd posted I wondered why women weren't allowed so had a quick Google and found the answer to my other question. It said all the men have to show their left breast to prove they aren't a woman. Do women have a separate order in the masons, partners of Masons allowed at certain functions or are women just banned from anything to do with it?

I know plenty of Men with tits that would make gender identification that way problematic.
The Masons on 16:02 - Apr 27 with 1221 viewskarl

The Masons on 15:13 - Apr 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I've found the chat interesting. Thanks folks. It doesn't sound like my thing but at least I know something about it now.

Yes, same as Brian, interesting stuff but not appealing to me.
It is strange that, what you've described Essex, has been kept so secretive previously and definitely developed a sense that there were 'underhand' practices and advantages to be had in the minds of so many people.
Taken a long time to decide that should change but its still not spoken about here and membership is still generally not talked about other than a few bits of gossip about 'goats' and the 'goatie club'.
There's definitely a divide in those who are ambivalent and those who deride it, you won't get many defending it openly in a conversation.
The Masons on 16:22 - Apr 27 with 1192 viewsBlackCrowe

Essex...a question, many years ago when in my first office job i was introduced to a client. When we shook hands he tickled my palm with his thumb. I always thought he was gay and was some kind of enquiry to see if i was, but now i wonder if this was some kind of masonic enquiry - any views? Either way he was a right smoothy tw@t.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The Masons on 16:57 - Apr 27 with 1149 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Masons on 16:22 - Apr 27 by BlackCrowe

Essex...a question, many years ago when in my first office job i was introduced to a client. When we shook hands he tickled my palm with his thumb. I always thought he was gay and was some kind of enquiry to see if i was, but now i wonder if this was some kind of masonic enquiry - any views? Either way he was a right smoothy tw@t.

Ya, sorry man. I've stopped doing that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Masons on 17:11 - Apr 27 with 1136 viewsessextaxiboy

Palm tickling is strictly Non Masonic
The Masons on 17:21 - Apr 27 with 1124 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 16:02 - Apr 27 by karl

Yes, same as Brian, interesting stuff but not appealing to me.
It is strange that, what you've described Essex, has been kept so secretive previously and definitely developed a sense that there were 'underhand' practices and advantages to be had in the minds of so many people.
Taken a long time to decide that should change but its still not spoken about here and membership is still generally not talked about other than a few bits of gossip about 'goats' and the 'goatie club'.
There's definitely a divide in those who are ambivalent and those who deride it, you won't get many defending it openly in a conversation.

There is no goat in freemasonry . Some tw'ttish Freemasons reference goats to make a prospective candidate feel uncomfortable .

When I decided to go in I had a lovely chat standing at a bar with someone in the Lodge who I had known some while . When I attended a interview/meeting with Lodge members to process my application it was this tosser who mentioned a goat . I lost a fair bit of respect for him over that .

Karl , if you were a fly on the wall at a local Lodge meeting you may see a few of the "ambivalent " ones in attendance .
The Masons on 17:36 - Apr 27 with 1104 viewskarl

The Masons on 17:21 - Apr 27 by essextaxiboy

There is no goat in freemasonry . Some tw'ttish Freemasons reference goats to make a prospective candidate feel uncomfortable .

When I decided to go in I had a lovely chat standing at a bar with someone in the Lodge who I had known some while . When I attended a interview/meeting with Lodge members to process my application it was this tosser who mentioned a goat . I lost a fair bit of respect for him over that .

Karl , if you were a fly on the wall at a local Lodge meeting you may see a few of the "ambivalent " ones in attendance .

Thanks Essex.
Goats is basically what everyone calls them in Orkney, it's a sort of friendly nickname but obviously a dig intended too. I know there's reference to actual goats in the 'ceremony' but don't think anyone believes it's happening.
Very aware that the ambivalent ones will be potentially members but that's why it's vey odd they don't say they are, what's to hide?
Glad you've opened up on here, very informative stuff.
I've 2 reasonably close friends who I believe are members, one much more recent than the other from what I can gather, but neither I nor them will bring it up!
It's a bloody weird situation for sure
I'm not going to go into detail as it could get too much info out there but that makes me as bad as the, non secret, secret club!
The Masons on 17:45 - Apr 27 with 1096 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 17:36 - Apr 27 by karl

Thanks Essex.
Goats is basically what everyone calls them in Orkney, it's a sort of friendly nickname but obviously a dig intended too. I know there's reference to actual goats in the 'ceremony' but don't think anyone believes it's happening.
Very aware that the ambivalent ones will be potentially members but that's why it's vey odd they don't say they are, what's to hide?
Glad you've opened up on here, very informative stuff.
I've 2 reasonably close friends who I believe are members, one much more recent than the other from what I can gather, but neither I nor them will bring it up!
It's a bloody weird situation for sure
I'm not going to go into detail as it could get too much info out there but that makes me as bad as the, non secret, secret club!

There really isnt a mention of goats. There is a term which if misunderstood or not read or written properly could lead to the confusion.

You should talk to your friends , they will love to talk about it .
Login to get fewer ads

The Masons on 17:51 - Apr 27 with 1090 viewsR_from_afar

Was he perhaps looking for an errant trout?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Masons on 17:53 - Apr 27 with 1080 viewsessextaxiboy

The Masons on 17:51 - Apr 27 by R_from_afar

Was he perhaps looking for an errant trout?

Every office has an old trout .......
The Masons on 18:04 - Apr 27 with 1065 viewsPunteR

Did some chippie work at the lodge in Slough. The bar area. Had a snoop around the place though and into some of the rooms upstairs. Had a weird vibe tbh but maybe that was just me.
Isnt there connections to king Solomon?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Masons on 08:37 - Apr 28 with 898 viewsgazza1

The Masons on 18:04 - Apr 27 by PunteR

Did some chippie work at the lodge in Slough. The bar area. Had a snoop around the place though and into some of the rooms upstairs. Had a weird vibe tbh but maybe that was just me.

yes.......
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:45 - Apr 28 with 845 viewsgazza1

The Masons on 18:04 - Apr 27 by PunteR

The Masons on 23:51 - Apr 28 with 731 viewsPunteR

The Masons on 08:37 - Apr 28 by gazza1

yes.......

My mate whose a new Mason told me that about Solomon which intrigued me tbh . Been doing a bit of research since you confirmed that.
So it was the stone masons that built Solomon's temple where it all originated from. The temple being built in Jerusalem. A place for the Arch of the Covenant to reside . The house of god.
Hiram Abiff was the main man to build the temple so technically is the first mason. He's also the son of Ruth . Ruth has her own book in the bible. Related to King David (great grandma ) whose is Solomon's dad. Its the line of Jesus basically. Big family tree that's written in the scriptures. That's what the Hebrew scriptures is all about. The messiah on his way. Solomon was a Jew as was Jesus although Jews didn't believe he was the messiah so killed him. (well got the Romans to do it). Learnt something this week about Muslims funnily enough and that they all believe in the Hebrew scriptures as well. Car park attendant told me that where im working atm. So basically the whole of Christendom , all Jews , all Muslims and also the Free Masons all believe in the first part of the bible .
Interesting about the masons that they dont talk about religion (or politics) considering its based on building gods temple in Jerusalem but then its probably for the best. Imagine us lot talking religion and politics on this forum..lol
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 23:59]

The Masons on 06:45 - Apr 29 with 643 viewsdistortR

The Masons on 23:51 - Apr 28 by PunteR

My mate whose a new Mason told me that about Solomon which intrigued me tbh . Been doing a bit of research since you confirmed that.
So it was the stone masons that built Solomon's temple where it all originated from. The temple being built in Jerusalem. A place for the Arch of the Covenant to reside . The house of god.
Hiram Abiff was the main man to build the temple so technically is the first mason. He's also the son of Ruth . Ruth has her own book in the bible. Related to King David (great grandma ) whose is Solomon's dad. Its the line of Jesus basically. Big family tree that's written in the scriptures. That's what the Hebrew scriptures is all about. The messiah on his way. Solomon was a Jew as was Jesus although Jews didn't believe he was the messiah so killed him. (well got the Romans to do it). Learnt something this week about Muslims funnily enough and that they all believe in the Hebrew scriptures as well. Car park attendant told me that where im working atm. So basically the whole of Christendom , all Jews , all Muslims and also the Free Masons all believe in the first part of the bible .
Interesting about the masons that they dont talk about religion (or politics) considering its based on building gods temple in Jerusalem but then its probably for the best. Imagine us lot talking religion and politics on this forum..lol
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 23:59]

I've actually got Solomon's seal.
The Masons on 08:48 - Apr 29 with 572 viewsPunteR

The Masons on 06:45 - Apr 29 by distortR

I've actually got Solomon's seal.

Front of back garden? ;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024