Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masters thread 20:59 - Apr 6 with 5525 viewsBlackCrowe

Any tips - particularly outsiders around 20-1 or more?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Masters thread on 22:39 - Apr 6 with 2388 viewsessextaxiboy

Westwood or Fitzpatrick for e/w Brits .
Bryson has had time off to prepare .I think he will be the one to beat . Casey or Kuchar would be my outsider choices ..
Masters thread on 22:45 - Apr 6 with 2371 viewsstowmarketrange

Masters thread on 22:39 - Apr 6 by essextaxiboy

Westwood or Fitzpatrick for e/w Brits .
Bryson has had time off to prepare .I think he will be the one to beat . Casey or Kuchar would be my outsider choices ..

I’m not sure Bryson has the accuracy to score low enough to win this week at Augusta.He is too wayward off the tee sometimes,and the extra distance he hits the ball won’t always save him.
It will probably be another septic that wins it though.
Masters thread on 22:56 - Apr 6 with 2351 viewsMyke

Shane Lowry
Masters thread on 00:56 - Apr 7 with 2299 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Masters thread on 22:56 - Apr 6 by Myke

Shane Lowry

Not a chance for Lowry I am afraid Myke or McIlroy either ,you have to be spot on with your game here not trying to find it.
Lowry is not hungry enough with his gym work IMO compared to the top players.
Look for Thomas,DJ,Rahm and hopefully Westwood.He has earned the right to slip into a Green Jacket but I fear his time is gone
Masters thread on 07:58 - Apr 7 with 2217 viewsHunterhoop

Would love Casey to win it but doubt it’ll happen. He’s Europe’s nearly man when it comes to majors. So many top 10s, so many moments when he’s put in a low round, but too often one loose round per major. If his putting was just that fraction better, he’d have won several by now.
Masters thread on 08:28 - Apr 7 with 2180 viewsstevec

Colin Morikawa is a relative outsider at 30/1 and maybe an each way bet.

A little biased as had a big win on him at last years PGA, he’s also been hot and cold this season, but as an under 25 his records up there with Tiger Woods.

Missed the cut in US Open after winning the PGA so bit of a gamble.
Masters thread on 10:04 - Apr 7 with 2127 viewsMyke

Masters thread on 00:56 - Apr 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Not a chance for Lowry I am afraid Myke or McIlroy either ,you have to be spot on with your game here not trying to find it.
Look for Thomas,DJ,Rahm and hopefully Westwood.He has earned the right to slip into a Green Jacket but I fear his time is gone

Ah I know, but would love it to happen. As for his gym work, I would say it's a bit like mine! He's a man of the people. As for McIlroy, if he never won again, that too would be deeply satisfying
Masters thread on 10:17 - Apr 7 with 2112 viewsThe_Beast1976

Had Kim Jong Il been alive and entered this year's Masters, my money would have been on him https://www.golfpunkhq.com/golf-bedlam/article/the-day-kim-jong-il-became-worlds
Login to get fewer ads

Masters thread on 10:22 - Apr 7 with 2107 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Masters thread on 00:56 - Apr 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Surely Westwood is just as gym-averse as Lowry?

I'd love McIlroy to win it, but he seems incapable of holding four rounds together, or - holding it together when one of his rounds is going awry.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Masters thread on 11:00 - Apr 7 with 2074 viewsrobith

Cantlay 22/1 for me

Also doubled with Burrows Saint for the National
Masters thread on 14:40 - Apr 7 with 1987 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Masters thread on 10:22 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Surely Westwood is just as gym-averse as Lowry?

I'd love McIlroy to win it, but he seems incapable of holding four rounds together, or - holding it together when one of his rounds is going awry.

Westwood has openly said he regrets not working harder on his fitness down the years Brian but he is so happy and settled now this could be a huge chance.
With 3 out of 4 Majors in America and 2 normally played in brutal heat you have to be in tip top shape physically and Lowry is just not interested it looks like.He is making an incredible living but under achieving IMO.
Rory has played the last 7 or something outrageous first rounds of Majors over par and while he has climbed back into it that is blowing it right away.
Augusta is going to be brutal going off all reports he needs a low opening round or at least close to the leaders.Problem is he has a new instructor and is trying to piece it together not here its too tough
Masters thread on 15:42 - Apr 7 with 1938 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Masters thread on 14:40 - Apr 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Westwood has openly said he regrets not working harder on his fitness down the years Brian but he is so happy and settled now this could be a huge chance.
With 3 out of 4 Majors in America and 2 normally played in brutal heat you have to be in tip top shape physically and Lowry is just not interested it looks like.He is making an incredible living but under achieving IMO.
Rory has played the last 7 or something outrageous first rounds of Majors over par and while he has climbed back into it that is blowing it right away.
Augusta is going to be brutal going off all reports he needs a low opening round or at least close to the leaders.Problem is he has a new instructor and is trying to piece it together not here its too tough

Great info, thanks.

McIlroy always seems to be tinkering with his swing, his gear, his coaching...

I don't follow it that closely but is he indecisive in his career?

Masters thread on 17:35 - Apr 7 with 1883 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Masters thread on 15:42 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Great info, thanks.

He recently admitted that he tried to copy Dechambeau by adding more power to his game but it's been detrimental to his swing so he's going back to basics with a new coach.
Masters thread on 17:43 - Apr 7 with 1870 viewsessextaxiboy

McIlroy has forgotten how to hole out from 5 or 6 ft . You can hit it as far as you want but if you cant putt ....
Masters thread on 17:56 - Apr 7 with 1843 viewsBenny_the_Ball

2015 Masters winner Jordan Spieth has come into some form recently with 5 top-10 finishes in the past 2 months including a win last week at the Texas Open. If you're lucky you might still find some good odds for him though they have come down drastically from the 60-1 being offered back in February.

For those who believe in “The Nappy Factor”, Jon Rahm became a new father a few days ago. In 2016, Danny Willett donned the green jacket just a week after the birth of his son, Zac.

Westwood an outside bet at around 60-1.
Masters thread on 18:26 - Apr 7 with 1816 viewswelwynranger

Brooks Koepka.
Has the right game for Augusta.
IMO he will be near the top of the leaderboard on Sunday. Could well nick it
Masters thread on 20:25 - Apr 7 with 1764 viewsLongsufferingR

Masters thread on 15:42 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Great info, thanks.

He is, yes.

Or maybe not, no.
Masters thread on 09:19 - Apr 8 with 1645 viewsTheChef

Thought Mickelson and CT Pan (finished T7 last year) at long odds looked like cheeky e/w bets.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Masters thread on 14:04 - Apr 8 with 1573 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Masters thread on 18:26 - Apr 7 by welwynranger

Brooks Koepka.
Has the right game for Augusta.
IMO he will be near the top of the leaderboard on Sunday. Could well nick it

He is hitting the ball better than ever according to his team but he just had knee surgery and cannot bend down to read putts and around Augusta that is imperative.
Plus the walk around that course for 18 holes is hard on the body and playing from all those uneven lies will take him out I fear.
He is just not ready I expect him to withdraw or miss the cut .
But he is a tough competitor so who really knows
Masters thread on 23:17 - Apr 8 with 1468 viewsflynnbo

Rose -7.
Masters thread on 23:24 - Apr 8 with 1456 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Masters thread on 23:17 - Apr 8 by flynnbo

Rose -7.

Superb round.

I know very little about Rose as a person. He seems a quiet and private person. But I like him when he's interviewed.

Am I right that he's a decent skin?

Masters thread on 23:31 - Apr 8 with 1436 viewsflynnbo

Masters thread on 23:24 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Superb round.

I know very little about Rose as a person. He seems a quiet and private person. But I like him when he's interviewed.

Am I right that he's a decent skin?

Chelscum fan, I believe.
Masters thread on 23:34 - Apr 8 with 1424 viewsTomS

I'm delighted to see Rose come back into contention in a Major with a great round of golf. He hasn't been playing well over the past couple of years. However, the adage is that form is temporary but class is permanent. He knows how to win, so hopefully that experience and his cool temperament will see him home over the weekend.
Masters thread on 23:35 - Apr 8 with 1424 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Masters thread on 23:31 - Apr 8 by flynnbo

Chelscum fan, I believe.

Masters thread on 23:40 - Apr 8 with 1413 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Masters thread on 23:35 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024