Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel Retires - Official 12:18 - Apr 20 with 2159 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a Gent.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/angel-rangel-announces-his-retirement-19042

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangel Retires - Official on 16:03 - Apr 20 with 459 viewsdmm

It's a testament to the man that none of us question his authenticity.

Thank you Angel for being at QPR. We will miss you.
Rangel Retires - Official on 16:22 - Apr 20 with 425 viewsPinnerPaul

Rangel Retires - Official on 12:47 - Apr 20 by BklynRanger

"I am an R and I always will be an R".

Think we can all agree with that.

Lets hope when all the madness is over, Andy can get him when he is in London to become a "Forever R" and we can say goodbye properly.
Rangel Retires - Official on 16:52 - Apr 20 with 378 viewsrobith

Rangel Retires - Official on 15:43 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly right, Juzzie. My first thought on reading that statement was that Rangel is an utter Gentleman, my second was that he probably won't be coaching for us for the same familial reasons that prompted his retirement from playing.

I'm not generally a fan of ex-players being handed coaching positions based on their character as coaching is an art in its own right. Coaches at a Division 2 Club should have years of experience as well as having the requisite character. It's too dangerous to take a chance on a coaching rookie.

But, in Rangel's case, if he lived closer...it would certainly be tempting.

I agree Brian, always bemused at everyone's desire to make anyone who can tackle defensive coach etc etc.

Being good at something as a player doesn't mean you know how to coach it. In rugby, Ronan O'Gara couldn't tackle for toffee and his game was entirely based around exceptional tactical kicking. As a coach, he became one of the most sought after defence coaches in the world, and now as head coach his philosophy is entirely around broken phase, running play keeping the ball alive.

That's before we get to the fact that the best players aren't always good at getting the best out of people
Rangel Retires - Official on 17:02 - Apr 20 with 365 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangel Retires - Official on 16:52 - Apr 20 by robith

I agree Brian, always bemused at everyone's desire to make anyone who can tackle defensive coach etc etc.

Being good at something as a player doesn't mean you know how to coach it. In rugby, Ronan O'Gara couldn't tackle for toffee and his game was entirely based around exceptional tactical kicking. As a coach, he became one of the most sought after defence coaches in the world, and now as head coach his philosophy is entirely around broken phase, running play keeping the ball alive.

That's before we get to the fact that the best players aren't always good at getting the best out of people

O'Gara sounds like a great example, robith. A good friend is Head of Training for IRFU and he's been telling us for years that O'Gara has been travelling the world as he learns to coach and was displaying a real talent for it. By the sounds of your post he's getting there now and getting but it's naturally taken him some time.

I'd love Rangel to be one of those few 'naturals' that can transition straight away into a meaningful coaching role eg. Venables. And maybe he is. Hopefully we see him at some stage.

For now, though, I just wish him nothing but the best.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangel Retires - Official on 17:04 - Apr 20 with 363 viewsbosh67

Bring his family over and get him installed as a coach here. He's 100% the kind of example every single player and member of the staff should aspire to be like.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangel Retires - Official on 17:20 - Apr 20 with 341 viewsRog

Rangel Retires - Official on 17:04 - Apr 20 by bosh67

Bring his family over and get him installed as a coach here. He's 100% the kind of example every single player and member of the staff should aspire to be like.

Over from Wales?
Rangel Retires - Official on 17:33 - Apr 20 with 316 viewsDorse

A complete gentleman.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024