Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214394 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:56 - May 29 with 6024 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:40 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

I don’t normally post transfer rumours,mainly because I never hear any,but a friend told me last night that supposedly we’re close to signing Andre Dozell from Ipswich.He was in the England U19 cup winning squad 3 years ago,and apparently he is almost out of contract and can’t agree on a new deal.He is 22,so hardly one for the future,but it’s hard to see where in the midfield he find a place.

Tell Nige I said hi.

Dozzell signed a new deal in December til 2024 so he'd cost a fee.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:08 - May 29 with 5988 viewsstowmarketrange

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:56 - May 29 by rsonist

Tell Nige I said hi.

Dozzell signed a new deal in December til 2024 so he'd cost a fee.

Maybe I should’ve checked that before posting then.He said they were offering him a new deal on the same money,and he’d refused it.
Who is Nige?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:19 - May 29 with 5926 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:08 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

Maybe I should’ve checked that before posting then.He said they were offering him a new deal on the same money,and he’d refused it.
Who is Nige?

Spackman. What with it being the first post on the thread and the first couple pages discussing it...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:24 - May 29 with 5926 viewsstowmarketrange

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:19 - May 29 by rsonist

Spackman. What with it being the first post on the thread and the first couple pages discussing it...

Oh sorry.I didn’t read the previous pages either.Or even the first post.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 11:26]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:09 - May 30 with 5384 viewsdmm

Warburton is saying 2 or 3 more in the next few weeks: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-austin-pritchard-transfer-hint- Let's hope that includes you know who.

He also dashes rumours we're interested in Prichard saying we've players in that positions already - Chair, Willock and Thomas, showing his thinking on where he sees Thomas playing.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:25 - May 30 with 5145 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:09 - May 30 by dmm

Warburton is saying 2 or 3 more in the next few weeks: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-austin-pritchard-transfer-hint- Let's hope that includes you know who.

He also dashes rumours we're interested in Prichard saying we've players in that positions already - Chair, Willock and Thomas, showing his thinking on where he sees Thomas playing.

Just read that, sounds promising
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:55 - May 30 with 5049 viewsdenhamhoop2

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:25 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

Just read that, sounds promising

Reading between the lines looks like a no on Pritchard then and I would say remember Amos is due back as well
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:04 - May 30 with 5003 viewsDavieQPR

Well that's the one we think, the one we hope and a backup GK. So still might be a RB on the horizon later..
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:32 - Jun 1 with 4305 viewsbosh67

A few things on the wires about former Fulham boss and now Sheffield United boss SlaviÅ¡a Jokanović possibly moving for Johansen. he signed Johansen to Fulham so there may be some attraction and they certainly would be able to offer more money than us. It is a theoretical article at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:05 - Jun 1 with 4186 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:32 - Jun 1 by bosh67

A few things on the wires about former Fulham boss and now Sheffield United boss SlaviÅ¡a Jokanović possibly moving for Johansen. he signed Johansen to Fulham so there may be some attraction and they certainly would be able to offer more money than us. It is a theoretical article at the moment.

Sheffield United by terryb 27 May 2021 18:21
For those of you with better knowledge than myself please. What is the view on The Blades appointing Slavisa Jokanovic as their manager/head coach?

I think Konk was a huge fan of his at Fulham, but is he likely to overcome the hangover of relegation in time for August? He certainly seems a better bet to me than the usual suspects that the media put forward.

Not seeing anything on 'the wires' but was discussed a bit on the Blades thread.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/12320008/sheffield-united-transfer

Makes obvious sense but amusingly it did turn out that afternoon that in that box to box vacancy they actually have a wonderkid no one's heard of out on loan getting £10m+ bids.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:11 - Jun 1 with 4169 viewsdaveB

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:32 - Jun 1 by bosh67

I can see that happening, would be a real shame but they would be able to pay a bigger fee than us
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:20 - Jun 1 with 4119 viewsrsonist

Not having a pop at anyone or the club but lest we get too carried away with our new Belk Buying analytics era, Norwich have a gig going now and the difference in qualification is somewhat sobering...

https://careers.canaries.co.uk/job/168913
https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/42011/recruitment-analyst-jd-dec-20.pdf
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:26 - Jun 1 with 4100 viewsdannyblue

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:20 - Jun 1 by rsonist

Not having a pop at anyone or the club but lest we get too carried away with our new Belk Buying analytics era, Norwich have a gig going now and the difference in qualification is somewhat sobering...

sobering indeed. good spot
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:28 - Jun 1 with 4087 viewsjeffranger

But he & his family are settled on London, so that could be a big factor in his decision
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:15 - Jun 1 with 3925 viewsed_83

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:20 - Jun 1 by rsonist

That's because they're different jobs.

The Norwich one is closer to an IT / data job with a bit of data-based scouting, the QPR one far closer to an in-person scouting job with a bit of data management.

The Norwich job description mentions building and managing data systems, the QPR one just using them to input data about players, so it's logical that Norwich would ask for more concrete IT experience rather than just experience of using those systems.

The Norwich job doesn't even ask for experience working in football before, but making assumptions about each club's scouting off that would be equally silly; you're comparing apples and oranges.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:59 - Jun 1 with 3773 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:15 - Jun 1 by ed_83

That's because they're different jobs.

The Norwich one is closer to an IT / data job with a bit of data-based scouting, the QPR one far closer to an in-person scouting job with a bit of data management.

The Norwich job description mentions building and managing data systems, the QPR one just using them to input data about players, so it's logical that Norwich would ask for more concrete IT experience rather than just experience of using those systems.

The Norwich job doesn't even ask for experience working in football before, but making assumptions about each club's scouting off that would be equally silly; you're comparing apples and oranges.

They're not different jobs, they're different approaches / level of advancement within the same broad job definition in a frontier field.

The disparity is the whole point: it's not an "IT / data job with a bit of data-based scouting", it's an IT/data job with the explicit purpose of data-based scouting to custom metrics. We're using the iSF StatsPerform database and other modelling tools we pay for, they're coding their own, essentially.

(If anything it's more arguable that there's no difference - that ours is simply a more straightforward job descrip that potentially encompasses theirs - than saying it's apples and oranges.)

Anyway like I say, wasn't mentioning to criticise, just interesting glimpsing the levels to this.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:00 - Jun 1 with 3594 viewsrsonist

Amazing get out of jail free card for Everton with Madrid set to take Ancelotti off their hands.

They'll waste it of course, but at least we won't have to put up with another season slurping Don Carlo.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:21 - Jun 1 with 3487 viewsaston_hoop

Take your pick out of this lot

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-albert-adomah-bristol-city-ipsw

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:32 - Jun 1 with 3426 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:21 - Jun 1 by aston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-albert-adomah-bristol-city-ipsw

Well that did not improve my breakfast reading aston_hoop .I know its just paper talk but Dickie Deng And Dykes would set the alarm bells ringing
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:10 - Jun 1 with 3274 viewsderbyhoop

Rumours of a loan of Dylan Levitt, a Welsh midfielder from Man Utd.
And interest in Chuks Aneke from Charlton

1st one seems unlikely given Warbs' comments about Prichard. Unless he is miles better than what we have.
2nd is slightly more plausible. He got 15 for CAFC last year but he's 27 so limited development

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:18 - Jun 1 with 3249 viewsterryb

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:21 - Jun 1 by aston_hoop

Apart from Albert to Bristol City these are all rumours that have been circulating for a while.

That doesn't mean that they are wrong, but it would seem that no progression has been made on any of them. Mind you, as they are all under contract, why would there be any movement before the window opens on July 1st.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:23 - Jun 1 with 3224 viewsdanehoop

Albert would be disappointing as he looks to have a lot more to give and provides dependable and quality cover. I'd have thought we'd want to hold him as long as possible in case we lose any of the other forward options.

Never knowingly understood

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:29 - Jun 1 with 3191 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seemed a lot of clickbait and recycled stuff there. I am a bit disappointed in WLS as I expect more from them than that.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:16 - Jun 1 with 3036 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:29 - Jun 1 by CroydonCaptJack

Seemed a lot of clickbait and recycled stuff there. I am a bit disappointed in WLS as I expect more from them than that.

It's a regular round up feature with a big picture at the top that says TRANSFER GOSSIP. Underneath in red text so you can see it clearly they subtitle it "transfer speculation involving QPR". They link directly to the sources using words like "claim". As in the last tidbit there, they often add links to their own stories disproving said claim. At no point have you been misled.

It gets clicks because people always read it then always run off and post it places going 'look WLS say this'. Why post it at all? Hey, Dave's gotta eat.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:33 - Jun 1 with 2964 viewsaston_hoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:29 - Jun 1 by CroydonCaptJack

I dunno, I think they make it clears its just unfounded gossip and rumour rather than anything journalistic. And thats what this thread is here for after all

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024