Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MW & Crypto 17:00 - May 19 with 20877 viewskarl

He maybe is the world's richest man?
On the podcast he was asked about investing in Crypto and, almost matter of factly, said not to go near them.
1 week later they've crashed, he's got the markets in his hand!
Hopefully he shorted on them and gave Les and Lee the tip too so we've got oodles of cash to burn on transfers again!!

Edit
Russian Bot on the other hand may be looking for a hand out...
[Post edited 19 May 2021 17:01]
MW & Crypto on 20:53 - Jun 1 with 2058 viewsRussian__Bot

MW & Crypto on 17:25 - Jun 1 by TacticalR

I am not sure it's quite like those other discussions as I doubt many people have skin in the bitcoin game.

The thing I found interesting in Gerard's 'Attack of the 50 foot Blockchain' (apart from the outlandish claims of the bitcoin crowd) is the sheer impracticality of deploying blockchain for practical purposes (the author is a Unix system administrator).

The final chapter of the book might interest you:

'Case study: Why you can’t put the music industry on a blockchain'

I see that as the equivalent of article in the 2000’s saying “Why you cant operate a taxi or food delivery service from your mobile phone”. As the technology develops further still would suggest you avoid anti-Bayesian morons like that bloke.

Here’s an article from Bloomberg written in 2013 when Bitcoin was $96 saying it was “Doomed”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2013-08-08/did-the-sec-just-validate-

Those referencing this as a Brexit type debate. Definitely isn’t. The market decides. So far for me over these last 5 years or so its been the best decision I’ve ever made. As the technology develops I see that trend continuing (through boom and bust cycles that the four year halvening cycle of Bitcoin currently drives)

This song from 2016 could maybe be updated to add Warburton into it:

MW & Crypto on 21:37 - Jun 1 with 2029 viewsJuzzie

MW & Crypto on 20:53 - Jun 1 by Russian__Bot

I see that as the equivalent of article in the 2000’s saying “Why you cant operate a taxi or food delivery service from your mobile phone”. As the technology develops further still would suggest you avoid anti-Bayesian morons like that bloke.

Here’s an article from Bloomberg written in 2013 when Bitcoin was $96 saying it was “Doomed”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2013-08-08/did-the-sec-just-validate-

Those referencing this as a Brexit type debate. Definitely isn’t. The market decides. So far for me over these last 5 years or so its been the best decision I’ve ever made. As the technology develops I see that trend continuing (through boom and bust cycles that the four year halvening cycle of Bitcoin currently drives)

This song from 2016 could maybe be updated to add Warburton into it:

It is a Brexit type debate in that you’ll just keep pushing your agenda irrespective of what anyone else thinks and vice versa. It’s not a relation to the subject matter but the never ending cycle.

You say its the best decision you ever made. Well, good for you. Just in the same way as buying my flat in 1998 was the best I’ve ever made yet according you that’s a no no but its ok for you to make money. Double standards.

I would say the time has gone for anyone to make a sizeable profit on Bitcoin. Firstly, 90% have already been mined and were already in the hands of people prior to its 2020 boom.
Anyone investing now is going to get very little return and will have to risk (and it is a big risk) huge amounts of money to get any decent return. All they are doing is handing over huge profits to anyone who had them prior to 2020 and have since sold up, like yourself.
MW & Crypto on 21:39 - Jun 1 with 2025 viewsaston_hoop

keep expecting to see an accidental [citation needed] pop up on this thread at some point.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

MW & Crypto on 22:17 - Jun 1 with 1953 viewsRussian__Bot

MW & Crypto on 21:37 - Jun 1 by Juzzie

It is a Brexit type debate in that you’ll just keep pushing your agenda irrespective of what anyone else thinks and vice versa. It’s not a relation to the subject matter but the never ending cycle.

You say its the best decision you ever made. Well, good for you. Just in the same way as buying my flat in 1998 was the best I’ve ever made yet according you that’s a no no but its ok for you to make money. Double standards.

I would say the time has gone for anyone to make a sizeable profit on Bitcoin. Firstly, 90% have already been mined and were already in the hands of people prior to its 2020 boom.
Anyone investing now is going to get very little return and will have to risk (and it is a big risk) huge amounts of money to get any decent return. All they are doing is handing over huge profits to anyone who had them prior to 2020 and have since sold up, like yourself.

If you had said that you invested in Amazon in 1998 (one year after they floated on the stock market) and that was the best investment decision you ever made. Then I would see your point

Also think Aston is right. I look forward to bumping this post in 2025 when ETH is 100k and BTC is 1m :)

I’m sure Juzzie’s technical analysis that there is no more serious profit to be made in Crypto was based on just as deep a fundamental analysis as his thesis for buying a flat in 1998 and his future expectations for long term interest rates and money creation by the banks
MW & Crypto on 22:24 - Jun 1 with 1974 viewskarl

MW & Crypto on 22:17 - Jun 1 by Russian__Bot

If you had said that you invested in Amazon in 1998 (one year after they floated on the stock market) and that was the best investment decision you ever made. Then I would see your point

Also think Aston is right. I look forward to bumping this post in 2025 when ETH is 100k and BTC is 1m :)

I’m sure Juzzie’s technical analysis that there is no more serious profit to be made in Crypto was based on just as deep a fundamental analysis as his thesis for buying a flat in 1998 and his future expectations for long term interest rates and money creation by the banks

You're actually proving his point by being a pain in the ar5e know it all.
You've made money, well done. You've explained the methods and mechanics of it, good, some of it is interesting stuff.
But for Christ's sake let someone else have a different opinion without ruining the thread please.

Edit. You keep saying the same thing using a different company or example. We do know what point you're making, it's the same on the Covid thread
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 22:26]
MW & Crypto on 23:19 - Jun 1 with 1938 viewsJuzzie

MW & Crypto on 22:17 - Jun 1 by Russian__Bot

I bought my flat to live in.

You can be as smug as you like in 2025, probably more-so than you already are.

Edit: and I didn’t say crypto, i said Bitcoin.

[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 23:20]
MW & Crypto on 23:22 - Jun 1 with 1931 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If I became wealthy through Bitcoin (or anything) you most definitely wouldn’t hear from me on here again.

Feel free to start a Crowdfund page.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 23:22]
MW & Crypto on 23:58 - Jun 1 with 1902 viewsqueensparker

At the start of lockdown my mate put me onto a UK site that has some of the finest weed from all over the world for sale - sign up, pay the vendors in Bitcoin, they post it to your house, job done.

It’s been a revelation, not only has every consignment turned up on time and to weight and with no issues, the £100 of Bitcoin that I set up in a Coinbase account is still showing as worth £80 despite many deliveries of fine weed over the last 18 months.

In my limited experience Bitcoin has = free weed so far.

I’m happy.
Login to get fewer ads

MW & Crypto on 09:39 - Jun 2 with 1783 viewsRussian__Bot

MW & Crypto on 22:24 - Jun 1 by karl

You're actually proving his point by being a pain in the ar5e know it all.
You've made money, well done. You've explained the methods and mechanics of it, good, some of it is interesting stuff.
But for Christ's sake let someone else have a different opinion without ruining the thread please.

Edit. You keep saying the same thing using a different company or example. We do know what point you're making, it's the same on the Covid thread
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 22:26]

You started this thread partly as a troll against me. Literally the Opening Post was digging me out saying "Russian Bot may need a handout". That being on a week the market had dropped 50%.

I'd say you doing that is much more of a reflection of you being an arse than me for having a mini pop back at Alan Juzzie Sugar
MW & Crypto on 09:53 - Jun 2 with 1782 viewsJuzzie

MW & Crypto on 09:39 - Jun 2 by Russian__Bot

You started this thread partly as a troll against me. Literally the Opening Post was digging me out saying "Russian Bot may need a handout". That being on a week the market had dropped 50%.

I'd say you doing that is much more of a reflection of you being an arse than me for having a mini pop back at Alan Juzzie Sugar

If you're going to complain about how people treat you, then don't make childish names about others, kinda of dilutes the initial complaint.

Genuine question here..... what is your motivation for coming on here espousing the wonders of crypto currency? is it because you genuinely want your fellow QPR fans to reap the benefits of this or is it just some kind of Marketing ploy? Or A.N. Other?
MW & Crypto on 09:54 - Jun 2 with 1780 viewsSonofpugwash

My old grandad used to say "What you can't see can't harm you".
He died of radiation poisoning.
Baseless Cryptos are like that,one morning you could wake up and find some government or other has deemed them illegal and then Click they're gone.
Grandpa also said "If you can't scratch a window with it it ain't money"
Having a devil of a job trying that with this here Kilo gold bar.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

MW & Crypto on 09:59 - Jun 2 with 1768 viewsJuzzie

MW & Crypto on 09:54 - Jun 2 by Sonofpugwash

My old grandad used to say "What you can't see can't harm you".
He died of radiation poisoning.
Baseless Cryptos are like that,one morning you could wake up and find some government or other has deemed them illegal and then Click they're gone.
Grandpa also said "If you can't scratch a window with it it ain't money"
Having a devil of a job trying that with this here Kilo gold bar.

If it's of no use to you, I'll come over and take it off you. I'll even drop off a Pajero & some lurchers too
MW & Crypto on 10:03 - Jun 2 with 1757 viewsSonofpugwash

MW & Crypto on 09:59 - Jun 2 by Juzzie

If it's of no use to you, I'll come over and take it off you. I'll even drop off a Pajero & some lurchers too

The way things are going Juzzie that may not be such a bad offer.

MW & Crypto on 10:59 - Jun 2 with 1724 viewsJuzzie

MW & Crypto on 10:03 - Jun 2 by Sonofpugwash

The way things are going Juzzie that may not be such a bad offer.

yeah, I really do need a door-stop to stop the shed door from blowing open!
MW & Crypto on 12:04 - Jun 2 with 1689 viewskarl

MW & Crypto on 09:39 - Jun 2 by Russian__Bot

I probably am an arse but I don't hide behind a made up name, bang on about being rich and how anyone who disagrees with me is 100% wrong on every thread I comment on.
MW & Crypto on 13:59 - Jun 2 with 1600 viewsRussian__Bot

MW & Crypto on 12:04 - Jun 2 by karl

I probably am an arse but I don't hide behind a made up name, bang on about being rich and how anyone who disagrees with me is 100% wrong on every thread I comment on.

You unprompted started a thread having a pop specifically at me

I gave a pretty reasoned explanation of my own opinion. A topic I know deeply. Have invested thousands of hours of my own time into. I get the feeling that the other posters do not have the same depth of knowledge on this topic

The only comment here about how rich someone is, was your comment that I would need a handout

I said the market would decide over time if I am right or wrong.

I'm happy with how I have behaved on this thread

I am genuinely happy if anyone takes any of this onboard and does their own research in what I see as continuing to provide the best investment opportunities of a generation

And this against a back drop of a government that is going to continue to rob the average working man in this country through inflation. This is a slow burner buts it's already beginning. Leaving those holding assets to get richer and those without to get poorer

Part of me thinks that, you started this thread because you want to learn. I hope you do look into it and make your mind up yourself rather than just insulting people you've never met in person
MW & Crypto on 14:29 - Jun 2 with 1600 viewsSonofpugwash

In the light of what's happening on this thread I would liove to lecture you all on Condescension but it's plain to see you lack the intelligence to understand what I am saying.

MW & Crypto on 14:39 - Jun 2 with 1581 viewskarl

MW & Crypto on 13:59 - Jun 2 by Russian__Bot

You unprompted started a thread having a pop specifically at me

I gave a pretty reasoned explanation of my own opinion. A topic I know deeply. Have invested thousands of hours of my own time into. I get the feeling that the other posters do not have the same depth of knowledge on this topic

The only comment here about how rich someone is, was your comment that I would need a handout

I said the market would decide over time if I am right or wrong.

I'm happy with how I have behaved on this thread

I am genuinely happy if anyone takes any of this onboard and does their own research in what I see as continuing to provide the best investment opportunities of a generation

And this against a back drop of a government that is going to continue to rob the average working man in this country through inflation. This is a slow burner buts it's already beginning. Leaving those holding assets to get richer and those without to get poorer

Part of me thinks that, you started this thread because you want to learn. I hope you do look into it and make your mind up yourself rather than just insulting people you've never met in person

Read it again, you were merely an afterthought.
MW & Crypto on 15:09 - Jun 2 with 1538 viewsRussian__Bot

MW & Crypto on 14:29 - Jun 2 by Sonofpugwash

In the light of what's happening on this thread I would liove to lecture you all on Condescension but it's plain to see you lack the intelligence to understand what I am saying.

Not saying lacking the intelligence, just the time spent learning about this topic
MW & Crypto on 16:01 - Jun 2 with 1539 viewsJuzzie

MW & Crypto on 14:29 - Jun 2 by Sonofpugwash

It's when your windows steam up, innit?
MW & Crypto on 16:31 - Jun 2 with 1507 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

MW & Crypto on 20:13 - Jun 2 with 1440 viewsdistortR

MW & Crypto on 23:22 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

If I became wealthy through Bitcoin (or anything) you most definitely wouldn’t hear from me on here again.

Feel free to start a Crowdfund page.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 23:22]

Interestingly, you did stop posting for a bit recently?
I thought it was due to the local elections, turns out it might have been your bitcoin going through the roof.
And then It crashed and you're back again.
Sigh.

MW & Crypto on 21:52 - Jun 2 with 1396 viewsEsox_Lucius

I phoned a local estate agent and asked how much a certain property was in Bitcoin. Not interested was the impression given.

The grass is always greener.

MW & Crypto on 00:23 - Jun 3 with 1342 viewsBoston

MW & Crypto on 20:13 - Jun 2 by distortR

I thought it was due to the local elections, turns out it might have been your bitcoin going through the roof.
Sigh.

haha

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

MW & Crypto on 00:40 - Jun 3 with 1323 viewsLythamR

MW & Crypto on 20:13 - Jun 2 by distortR

Sigh.

Pump Mode requires lots of noise from promoters
Dump Mode requires no noise
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024