Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Griffin Park 11:54 - May 20 with 3244 viewsCamberleyR

The bulldozers move in and carry out a million pound's worth of improvements

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Griffin Park on 12:10 - May 20 with 3173 viewsJuzzie

Nigh on 120 years of history gone.

The downside of moving to a new ground is seeing the old one gone. if we ever move we have to accept LR will succumb to the bulldozers too.
Griffin Park on 12:14 - May 20 with 3160 viewsphilc

Although Lofts Road has been redeveloped so much over the years, it will be more the feeling of leaving than the physical demolition, which will cause the pain.
Griffin Park on 12:28 - May 20 with 3096 views100percent

Hope it doesn't happen to Loftus Road in my life time...
Griffin Park on 12:48 - May 20 with 2995 viewsJuzzie

Griffin Park on 12:14 - May 20 by philc

Although Lofts Road has been redeveloped so much over the years, it will be more the feeling of leaving than the physical demolition, which will cause the pain.

I've only ever known it in it's current guise so seeing pictures like the above will be just as sad as the actual leaving and never seeing it/being there again.
Griffin Park on 13:10 - May 20 with 2902 viewsphilc

I can remember the South Africa Road stand going up, the old wooden stand on Ellerslie Road, where I sat to watch my first ever match, and the later developments. So I’ve seen the changes over the years which possibly limits the physical attachment.

What I would miss would be the atmosphere, especially under the lights and some of the great memories over the last 55 years.
Griffin Park on 14:03 - May 20 with 2668 viewsted_hendrix

For the life of me I couldn't imagine watching QPR in a new stadium and I'm not to sure I would even go.
No point waxing lyrical it's all been said before a thousand times, the thought of our stadium being demolished doesn't bear thinking about.

All that history gone forever--the noise--the floodlights seen from a distance as you walk to the ground for an evening game--the smell of the bloody place, never to walk down Loftus Road again.

Nah.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Griffin Park on 16:56 - May 20 with 2405 viewsClive_Anderson

I thought they might play a friendly or something there so the supporters could say goodbye to the place.

Must have been shite to just get locked out one day due to COVID and it gets demolished before you're ever allowed back in there.
Griffin Park on 18:42 - May 20 with 2215 viewscolinallcars

I seem to remember that we had to sell Ron Springett to get the money for a new roof on the Ellerslie Rd stand. At least that's what the adult supporters told me as a young lad.
What I do remember as a youngster watching from the SA Road, was seeing supporters seated in the Ellerslie Road side brushing rust off the clothes whenever a heftily cleared ball bounced on the roof.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024