Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owls want Shodipo on loan 10:32 - Jul 10 with 5817 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-qpr-winge

Didn't realise he is 24. Wouldn't it make more sense to sell rather than loan him out for another season?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 13:40]
Owls want Shodipo on loan on 10:25 - Jul 11 with 2378 viewsfrancisbowles

Good luck to the lad. Like Oteh, a shame he didn't develop his early promise.
Owls want Shodipo on loan on 10:45 - Jul 11 with 2310 viewsWelsh_Ranger

So, like Smyth before him is this the final year of his contract? Or do we have a Hoos sneaky extra year? I do find it strange, MW must have had a quick look during pre season and made his mind up or has never fancied him from day 1 - basically biding his time until a new loan was sorted out!

Good luck Shodipo!
Owls want Shodipo on loan on 12:59 - Jul 11 with 2142 viewsdmm

Yep, the club has an option to extend Shodipo's contract for an extra year so I guess that means we hold all the cards.
Owls want Shodipo on land on 13:06 - Jul 11 with 2126 viewsgazza1

Owls want Shodipo on land on 15:49 - Jul 10 by francisbowles

Well pre season has started and he is in, so far.

Well, that pre season at QPR lasted around 7 days!!!!
Owls want Shodipo on land on 15:40 - Jul 11 with 2007 viewsfrancisbowles

Owls want Shodipo on land on 13:06 - Jul 11 by gazza1

Well, that pre season at QPR lasted around 7 days!!!!

Yes, note the words 'so far'.

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 16:29 - Jul 11 with 1956 viewsbosh67

Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 17:42 - Jul 11 with 1875 viewsQPROslo

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 16:29 - Jul 11 by bosh67

Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Yeh, all the best from me too. Shodipo has always looked a decent wide player to me, when mainly used as a sub. Other than the not so young Alfred I can't think of a better wide man at the Club now. Hope we have a wing back who has these skills and more lined up
Owls want Shodipo on loan on 23:39 - Jul 11 with 1710 viewsMyke

Very best of luck to Shodipo
Login to get fewer ads

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 00:10 - Jul 12 with 1676 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I guess this means we have a player/players lined up.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 13:27 - Jul 12 with 1455 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not sure I understand the logic of a season long loan. Shodipo is out of contract at the end of the season. If he hasn't a future at QPR then why not cancel his contract and let him leave for free.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 13:34 - Jul 12 with 1427 viewsnix

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 13:27 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

I'm not sure I understand the logic of a season long loan. Shodipo is out of contract at the end of the season. If he hasn't a future at QPR then why not cancel his contract and let him leave for free.

I think we'd have to pay off his contract if we cancelled it, whereas this way Sheffield Wednesday will be paying some, if not all, of his wages.
Owls want Shodipo on loan on 13:52 - Jul 12 with 1392 viewsQPR_Jim

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 13:34 - Jul 12 by nix

I think we'd have to pay off his contract if we cancelled it, whereas this way Sheffield Wednesday will be paying some, if not all, of his wages.

Also if we have an option to extend as suggested then a really good season in league 1 and we can extend his contract and potentially use him her or get a fee for him.
Owls want Shodipo on loan on 13:57 - Jul 12 with 1371 viewsterryb

Owls want Shodipo on loan on 13:34 - Jul 12 by nix

We could have let him leave on a free transfer if he wished. That way he may have been able to negoiate longer than a one year contract. He will have to have one hell of a season for us to offer him a new contract next year.

I don't understand the logic of this move, but I certainly wiash him well for this season & the future.

Let's hope Wednesday find the money to pay his wages!
Owls want Shodipo on loan on 16:22 - Aug 1 with 1018 viewsSharpy36

Went off after 34 minutes today

Hamstring injury
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 16:28]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024