Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton — Patreon 09:07 - Jul 19 with 16209 viewsNorthernr

Interview with Warbs, free to read here, or you can listen to it via the Patreon...

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55294
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:04 - Jul 23 with 1338 viewsBklynRanger

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 07:27 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Ha ha as if Hughes had time for plebs like me.

Started with Chris Ramsey, who's a lovely fella.

JFH was strange.

I imagine the JFH meeting would have started with some strangely tactile horseplay which made you very uncomfortable but which he 'chose' not to notice.

Once you'd got out of the final headlock Jimmy would have got back up on his chair, straightened his tie and acted like nothing had happened, giving a series of standard football answers but intermittently winking to a non-existent camera.

Great interview anyway - agree with that comment above about Warbs acknowledging that you're not the lead spokesman for some keyboard warriors contingent. That all seemed a bit odd and I much prefer this confident, calmer Warbs. Obviously a sign of things moving in the right direction etc.

The answer on progress was interesting - undoubtedly a points improvement would be an improvement so it's a fair answer, but IF we had 6 more points but fell 4 points short of the playoffs that could arguably be looked at as an opportunity missed. Cross that bridge if we come to it!...
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 14:43 - Jul 23 with 1098 viewskensalriser

Some good stuff from Warburton there. Like many others I think he's the best manager we've had in a long time for all the reasons cited.

Also agree with Clive's summary of our recent managers from personal experience. Unsurprisingly, exactly what you would expect from seeing them one step removed. McLaren's Wally with the brolly meme may have started as a typical tabloid comedy slur but it stuck because it was at the same time utterly revealing, that here was a man completely lacking in the nous and self-awareness to realise how others would see him and that by extension he didn't have a clue about very much.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 18:05 - Jul 23 with 1015 viewsnumptydumpty

He certainly is a student of the game

The thinking man's approach to football management

His success in the city used different but also easily transferable techniques that have stood him in good stead.

Although would love to see the quotes and threads from late December last year.

I know a few said clueless and show some passion instead of sitting on his ice box wittering away after every game saying if only we could put our chances away.

But we did an un QPR thing in recent times and gave him a chance..

He definitely is able to interpret all the sports stats and data and changing systems which weren't working but being consistent with his approach after that.

And signings currently are extremely well considered.

If we bottom by Xmas- well we are qpr !!!!

No one has said it will be easy but something springs eternal....
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 18:06]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 18:07 - Jul 23 with 1016 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 18:05 - Jul 23 by numptydumpty

He certainly is a student of the game

The thinking man's approach to football management

His success in the city used different but also easily transferable techniques that have stood him in good stead.

Although would love to see the quotes and threads from late December last year.

I know a few said clueless and show some passion instead of sitting on his ice box wittering away after every game saying if only we could put our chances away.

But we did an un QPR thing in recent times and gave him a chance..

He definitely is able to interpret all the sports stats and data and changing systems which weren't working but being consistent with his approach after that.

And signings currently are extremely well considered.

If we bottom by Xmas- well we are qpr !!!!

No one has said it will be easy but something springs eternal....
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 18:06]

One of the most irritating things about out annual SACK THE MANAGER, we're going down, the sky is falling routine is how much importance is placed on the fact the guy sits on a drinks cooler during the games, or wears a hat in the winter
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 18:59 - Jul 23 with 976 viewsHanwellHoopster

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 18:25 - Jul 21 by ngbqpr

Agreed.

I'm lucky enough to have done a load of my FA badges, and some of the tutors are truly inspirational - not only with their understanding of the way the game works, but also in the way they got a bunch of cynical, middle aged blokes like me enthused and got our buy in. I'm sure plenty of these coaches eventually get academy jobs, but if they're a success there, why not move them up the chain? (I should add I've also had a few less than inspirational old school tutors - but I think the 'progressives' are gradually winning the battle for the FA's coaching soul).

I'd like to think they could inspire the much maligned 'modern footballer' - and as Glory Hunter says, the likes of Mourinho & Wenger (and Klopp too) show it's about so much more than 'show us yer medals.'

When the pros talk about "doing their badges", my worry is they're sometimes given a pass much more readily than us non-pros because of who they are. I hear pundits like Savage and Murphy using FA terminology (between the lines, playing through the thirds, triangles etc etc), but am convinced they don't really get the concepts behind these buzzwords. The contrast in results between Lampard and Tuchel with the same tools is another case in point.

Oh, and I know we tried it with Ramsey, but it wasn't really the ideal timing was it? Thank goodness we still kept him on.

Thanks - really interesting to hear your perspective and only makes me want to hear more from MW on the same!

If I had unlimited time / money I'd love to do my badges just to understand the game more and enjoy watching it through more expert eyes.

Glory Hunter also right to point out some of the best managers weren't players at a high level. Wenger was on Desert Island Discs not so long ago and his background was really interesting. Basically obsessed with management long before he was finished playing. Wonder if the trend will grow over time.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:46 - Jul 25 with 813 viewsrsonist

On the general subject of the academy/B/reserve interzone:

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 19:41 - Jul 25 with 689 viewsnumptydumpty

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 18:07 - Jul 23 by Northernr

One of the most irritating things about out annual SACK THE MANAGER, we're going down, the sky is falling routine is how much importance is placed on the fact the guy sits on a drinks cooler during the games, or wears a hat in the winter

Sitting on a drinks cooler is decidedly not cool though and wearing a hat in winter when it's a bit brass monkeys and despite fact Warburton is folically challenged well it shows weakness so clearly two very excellent reasons to get rid !!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 19:43]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024