Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton — Patreon 09:07 - Jul 19 with 16285 viewsNorthernr

Interview with Warbs, free to read here, or you can listen to it via the Patreon...

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55294
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 19:51 - Jul 19 with 3492 viewsnix

Really enjoyed this Clive. Warbs seemed less defensive this year than last. He seems to appreciate the backing he's getting from the Board and a substantial portion of the fanbase. He doesn't leave much to chance, so I bet he keeps an eye on your reports.

He was very honest about the Kane situation. Without condemning him, he made it clear his expectations of players. I loved his comment about a player can come in and critique the training, as long as they're respectful. I can see why they seem to like working for him. He just seems very consistent and boundaried, so everyone knows what to expect and what is expected of them.

It's made me even more excited about the mew season. I'm also a bit nervous because I don't think it's possible to kick of the mew season as well as we ended the last, so I hope there's some patience.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 22:04 - Jul 19 with 3297 viewsloneranger1

What an enjoyable read, thanks very much Clive... great questions and insightful answers.

Very proud of the club and management from top to bottom at the moment (Todd Kane excepted).

Pease get that contract/extension signed.

Looking forward to the season although as Warbs points out, probably only a matter of time until fixtures are getting postponed left, right and centre the way things are going at the moment...

COYRs!
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 23:07 - Jul 19 with 3226 viewsTacticalR

A bit noisy with the wind in the background during the interview.

I found the talk about Kane excruciating. Every detail of player behaviour is under scrutiny and plays out in public.

I thought the discussion about U23 and B-team football was interesting. The feeder club scenario doesn't sound great as big clubs will end up with even more influence than they have now.

I think one of the reasons people were dissatisfied with Warburton is that everyone is so busy looking for a genius that they don't appreciate a craftsman, and it seems to me that Warburton is a craftsman.

Air hostess clique

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 23:58 - Jul 19 with 3163 viewsSydneyRs

Really god stuff.

My take is that he's quietly confident we can give it a right good go this season.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 07:46 - Jul 20 with 2995 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 23:07 - Jul 19 by TacticalR

A bit noisy with the wind in the background during the interview.

I found the talk about Kane excruciating. Every detail of player behaviour is under scrutiny and plays out in public.

I thought the discussion about U23 and B-team football was interesting. The feeder club scenario doesn't sound great as big clubs will end up with even more influence than they have now.

I think one of the reasons people were dissatisfied with Warburton is that everyone is so busy looking for a genius that they don't appreciate a craftsman, and it seems to me that Warburton is a craftsman.

Well, on the wind, the choice was Zoom or in person, and I always think these things are better in person. The club are strict as fck about Covid protocols which is why we've so far only had one isolation from the whole squad, last year I was literally sitting on the fire escape talking to Warbs sitting 15 feet away from me. We can get round a lot of their protocols by doing the interview outside, but the training ground is next to one of the world's busiest airports and is very exposed so I knew there'd be wind and background noise but felt that a fair trade off for actually being there in person with all the extra flow that brings to a conversation as opposed to another Zoom.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:06 - Jul 20 with 2978 viewskernowhoop

A fascinating interview, than you very much.
MW is a very unusual manager. For a start, he is thoughtful and articulate, which sets him apart from about 50% of his fellow managers. But, different managers use different qualities to try to achieve success - compare and contrast MW with Ollie or with Redknapp. I like very much what we have now. It makes complete sense to have someone who fits so well in a carefully-considered process of planning and re-building and I hope that it works. There will be set-backs, so we must all be patient, but we can also afford to be optimistic.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:14 - Jul 20 with 2961 viewsNorthernr

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:06 - Jul 20 by kernowhoop

A fascinating interview, than you very much.
MW is a very unusual manager. For a start, he is thoughtful and articulate, which sets him apart from about 50% of his fellow managers. But, different managers use different qualities to try to achieve success - compare and contrast MW with Ollie or with Redknapp. I like very much what we have now. It makes complete sense to have someone who fits so well in a carefully-considered process of planning and re-building and I hope that it works. There will be set-backs, so we must all be patient, but we can also afford to be optimistic.

I'm very fortunate to have been able to interview/meet all our managers down the recent years. I like Ian Holloway a lot, I think his love and passion for the club is really genuine and in fact he maybe cared too much about it, but I also think he should have stuck to TV and not tried to come back into management, it's passed him by now and he's out of his depth. Everything about Redknapp is fake, the bloke's a complete cnt. Steve McClaren was unimpressive to the point of it being alarming, took him ten minutes to get his head round why the fancine was called A Kick Up The R's, completely missed that we were joking about signing Richard Keogh and spent five minutes talking about how keen he was to get him and Chris Martin in over and above the signings he'd been presented with by the recruitment team (in the end we signed none of them and went into the season 7-1 at West Brom short).

Mark Warburton is so far ahead of all of them in management, coaching, intellect, his standards, how he talks to you, how he deals with you etc it's untrue.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:31 - Jul 20 with 2932 viewskernowhoop

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:14 - Jul 20 by Northernr

I'm very fortunate to have been able to interview/meet all our managers down the recent years. I like Ian Holloway a lot, I think his love and passion for the club is really genuine and in fact he maybe cared too much about it, but I also think he should have stuck to TV and not tried to come back into management, it's passed him by now and he's out of his depth. Everything about Redknapp is fake, the bloke's a complete cnt. Steve McClaren was unimpressive to the point of it being alarming, took him ten minutes to get his head round why the fancine was called A Kick Up The R's, completely missed that we were joking about signing Richard Keogh and spent five minutes talking about how keen he was to get him and Chris Martin in over and above the signings he'd been presented with by the recruitment team (in the end we signed none of them and went into the season 7-1 at West Brom short).

Mark Warburton is so far ahead of all of them in management, coaching, intellect, his standards, how he talks to you, how he deals with you etc it's untrue.

Thank you. All noted!
I remember seeing a TV documentary about Peter Reid as a manager. I swear from time to time and usually enjoy it. I was shocked, however, to find that constant shouting and swearing was Peter Reid's method of motivating the team. Maybe it works with certain players, which prompts a further thought. Could it be that we have been recruiting players not just because they are good with their feet, but because they also have a certain amount of brain power.? In other words, a player who responds only to calls to 'F****** do this' or 'f****** do that' may not fit at today's QPR?
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:37 - Jul 20 with 2915 viewsozexile

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:31 - Jul 20 by kernowhoop

Thank you. All noted!
I remember seeing a TV documentary about Peter Reid as a manager. I swear from time to time and usually enjoy it. I was shocked, however, to find that constant shouting and swearing was Peter Reid's method of motivating the team. Maybe it works with certain players, which prompts a further thought. Could it be that we have been recruiting players not just because they are good with their feet, but because they also have a certain amount of brain power.? In other words, a player who responds only to calls to 'F****** do this' or 'f****** do that' may not fit at today's QPR?

It's a style of management I find bizarre. Even as a kid playing I played under managers who would shout scream and threaten if the game wasn't going well. I hated it.
The first time I played under a coach who set out clear instructions and didn't criticise you for every mistake was so refreshing.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:40 - Jul 20 with 2910 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 07:46 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Well, on the wind, the choice was Zoom or in person, and I always think these things are better in person. The club are strict as fck about Covid protocols which is why we've so far only had one isolation from the whole squad, last year I was literally sitting on the fire escape talking to Warbs sitting 15 feet away from me. We can get round a lot of their protocols by doing the interview outside, but the training ground is next to one of the world's busiest airports and is very exposed so I knew there'd be wind and background noise but felt that a fair trade off for actually being there in person with all the extra flow that brings to a conversation as opposed to another Zoom.

Yes but, to be fair, there's 30-seconds between the planes.

You could have asked him very short questions after a plane landed and given him twenty seconds to reply. Some sort of countdown clock wiring him up to the mains which activates if he goes over time.

I'm a bit tired from sorting all this out, Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 09:13 - Jul 20 with 2835 viewsTheChef

Definitely puts things into perspective!

He will definitely leave big shoes to fill whenever he does move on from us. Hopefully not for a while yet.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:18 - Jul 20 with 2725 viewsMick_S

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 08:40 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes but, to be fair, there's 30-seconds between the planes.

You could have asked him very short questions after a plane landed and given him twenty seconds to reply. Some sort of countdown clock wiring him up to the mains which activates if he goes over time.

I'm a bit tired from sorting all this out, Clive.

Brian, if you need any help I can do the drinks trolley/nuts/crisps etc and the safety thing when they point at the doors and show you where the lights are. The beauty is that I live near Harlington and my wife works there, so if I fancy a lie-in we are covered. Let me know.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:35 - Jul 20 with 2689 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You and your wife could also double as the couple who walks by with a pram in case Warburton (or 'Haliburton' to give him his correct name) goes rogue, overpowers Clive and takes him out. In that eventuality, you will have full authority to deal with the situation as you see fit.

If you can't get Haliburton to reply within twenty seconds, then you make sure that he doesn't reply at all.

I think you know what I'm saying.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:45 - Jul 20 with 2661 viewsdmm

The more I read of and about Warburton, the more impressed I am with him as a man and football manager. Your comments about him here chime loudly with what I think most of us see in him. We really are fortunate to have him, as we are with a good number of senior bods at the club.

We're not a perfect football club, but there are so many things to feel good about QPR these days. I love my club
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:47 - Jul 20 with 2655 viewsMick_S

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:35 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

You and your wife could also double as the couple who walks by with a pram in case Warburton (or 'Haliburton' to give him his correct name) goes rogue, overpowers Clive and takes him out. In that eventuality, you will have full authority to deal with the situation as you see fit.

If you can't get Haliburton to reply within twenty seconds, then you make sure that he doesn't reply at all.

I think you know what I'm saying.

My wife works in a junior school, so the pram will be no problem. I think I understand you.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 12:04 - Jul 20 with 2515 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 10:47 - Jul 20 by Mick_S

My wife works in a junior school, so the pram will be no problem. I think I understand you.

That was a fantastic interview and very insightful answers from Warbs, thanks a lot.
The man is a real asset to our club and him coupled with the professional manner the club are behaving is so refreshing on previous regimes/circuses
Makes me very proud to be an R and has me even more frenzied about getting back to the old place
Well done all
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 12:28 - Jul 20 with 2472 viewsPinnerPaul

Great Interview.

Interesting to hear how he REALLY felt last Christmas v the interviews at the time.

Not for one moment saying he should have said anything different, but fascinating to hear now that both he and squad felt they DID 'deserve' to be 19th at that time.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 13:29 - Jul 20 with 2377 viewsMyke

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 12:28 - Jul 20 by PinnerPaul

Great Interview.

Interesting to hear how he REALLY felt last Christmas v the interviews at the time.

Not for one moment saying he should have said anything different, but fascinating to hear now that both he and squad felt they DID 'deserve' to be 19th at that time.

Without a doubt, Swansea at home and Norwich away were watershed moments in Warburton's QPR managerial tenure. Whatever 'angry words' were spoken in the dressing room after the Swansea game were obviously enough to convince Ferdinand and Co to keep their finger off the trigger and what they then witnessed v Norwich convinced them to back him in the transfer market in January. Had a bit of luck too with the cancellation of Wycombe, at a time when we may well have been beaten by them. Fine margins indeed
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:03 - Jul 20 with 2133 viewssimmo

Just like Lee Hoos, Chris Ramsey and now Warburton, it seems that after a lot of trial and error we have exactly the right people in the right positions and we've given them time to make a difference.

All 3 appointments have completely transformed the club and the way it's run, exclusively for the better. I really hope this understanding and context is remembered as we go through this season if things aren't going well. I am guilty myself of letting my frustrations get the better of me, but from top to bottom QPR is almost exemplary - and from the depths of the Hughes/Redknapp era, that's pretty remarkable.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:06 - Jul 20 with 2129 viewsRrsssOntheline

Much thanks Clive and Mark, enjoyed the cut and thrust interview although with much less blood letting this time round! Perhaps Mark now has better understanding and less fear of this site and it's good intentions. Well done to both.
When asked recently about feelings towards the new season, I can't help but responding, providing we don't lose any key players, quietly confident!! I know....
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:06 - Jul 20 with 2128 viewsslmrstid

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:03 - Jul 20 by simmo

Just like Lee Hoos, Chris Ramsey and now Warburton, it seems that after a lot of trial and error we have exactly the right people in the right positions and we've given them time to make a difference.

All 3 appointments have completely transformed the club and the way it's run, exclusively for the better. I really hope this understanding and context is remembered as we go through this season if things aren't going well. I am guilty myself of letting my frustrations get the better of me, but from top to bottom QPR is almost exemplary - and from the depths of the Hughes/Redknapp era, that's pretty remarkable.

Fully agree but I'm willing to bet the world of Facebook/Twitter won't be so forgiving when we lose a game, or go 2/3 without a win at some point, as we inevitably will because thats the nature of this division!

Still at least no-one at the club appears to pay attention to them, which is something at least.
Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:13 - Jul 20 with 2110 viewssimmo

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:06 - Jul 20 by slmrstid

Fully agree but I'm willing to bet the world of Facebook/Twitter won't be so forgiving when we lose a game, or go 2/3 without a win at some point, as we inevitably will because thats the nature of this division!

Still at least no-one at the club appears to pay attention to them, which is something at least.

I think everybody knows now that the noisy twát element of socials has to come with a pinch of salt and although some will still get through, nobody is giving too much credibility to these obvious troll accounts.

We're all hurting after a particular defeat or poor performance and the reaction is often linked to shít going on in our own lives, but the people itching to jump on the team are easy to spot now and are best ignored - on social media, in this forum or even LR.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:49 - Jul 20 with 2056 viewsHayesender

Players from other clubs obviously talk to each other. I get the impression we're now a very attractive proposition for players who want to just play and improve

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 18:38 - Jul 20 with 2001 viewsDWQPR

For me Warbs is the perfect fit as a QPR manager in much the same way as Jago, Sexton and Venables and Warnock were. All arrived at pivotal moments in the history of the club, Jago when we were starting to drift away from being a promotion pushing side to mid-table mediocrity in the early 70’s, Sexton when the hard work achieved by Jago risked being unpicked in a relegation fight in 1974, Venners when the turbulence of Docherty (although fun at the time), risked seeing the club drift again and Warnock when a no shît approach to the club was required to stand up to Tango and Cash. With Warbs this time a safe pair of hands whilst getting financial goals achieved and also for me a meant to be situation that has taken 45 years to develop when he spoke about his Dad’s friendship with Frank McLintock meant that Warbs spent a fair bit of time watching and studying THAT team. He is a manager that makes players look better than maybe they are, wants to improve those players both technically and mentally. Hopefully he is still in the early days of his tenure.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 19:19 - Jul 20 with 1937 viewsRangersw12

Mark Warburton — Patreon on 17:06 - Jul 20 by slmrstid

You will see some missing posters return as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024