Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liechester city why? 00:34 - Aug 1 with 4512 viewscharmr

Won the league, regular top half team yet here in the US no Leicester shirts to be seen. Compare the (big 6) in name only and not league position that’s all you see. Brainwashing sports outlets, media and retail. Glass ceiling?

Brought a twirl the other day. Only available from Indian or middle eastern grocery stores therefore an import and not made in the UK. Hershey’s have banned the import of Cadbury’s to make their own version equally as shite as any other Hershey product. The twirl packet had the big 6,s club badges sprawled across it with a win tickets promotion. Glass ceiling?

Liechester city why? on 15:20 - Aug 1 with 1119 viewsDavieQPR

Cadburys were never the same after they closed the Bourneville factory and switched most of its production to Turkey.
Liechester city why? on 15:44 - Aug 1 with 1102 viewsCiderwithRsie

Liechester city why? on 15:20 - Aug 1 by DavieQPR

Cadburys were never the same after they closed the Bourneville factory and switched most of its production to Turkey.

Cadbury's turkey is rubbish too.
Liechester city why? on 15:52 - Aug 1 with 1092 viewsfrancisbowles

Liechester city why? on 11:40 - Aug 1 by Boston

Although I have read some of those survival manuals and understand there’s those that are attracted to a more rugged manly existence, I shudder at the thought of straining my own urine to produce a cup of rosie.

Liechester city why? on 17:14 - Aug 1 with 1042 viewsSK_hoops

Liechester city why? on 08:46 - Aug 1 by eastside_r

I actually saw something about this on a QI repeat last night. Apparently American chocolate has less cocoa and includes the same acid that is in vomit (I kid you not.)

I’ve seen Hershey bars in UK supermarkets and thought I might try it. Not now.

That explains why it smells like puke.
Liechester city why? on 17:28 - Aug 1 with 1015 viewsBoston

Liechester city why? on 17:14 - Aug 1 by SK_hoops

That explains why it smells like puke.

Alighting at Idlewild...the first day I ever came to this country I met a Scot's fella who give me a few pointers as to getting by. Point number three, chocolate is not chocolate in America. So right he was.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 17:52]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Liechester city why? on 17:29 - Aug 1 with 1014 viewsBoston

Liechester city why? on 13:52 - Aug 1 by Esox_Lucius

I remember Godiva Chocolates being lauded as top quay confectionary when I lived over there, I don't know if that is still the case?

It's the naked truth mate.

Liechester city why? on 17:36 - Aug 1 with 1005 viewsAshdown_Ranger

I'm a chocoholic.

Cadburys Dairy Milk was my fix of choice, buying those MASSIVE bars they used to make.

Since Kraft bought Cadburys, as others have said, the stuff just isn't the same in any of Cadburys' products - greasy, cloying, gritty and sickeningly sweet.

So thank you Kraft, your 'chocolate' is so utterly disgusting I no longer buy it. In fact I hardly eat chocolate these days, just the occasional bar of Lindt, maybe once a week.

Best bit of inadvertent healthcare Kraft could have done for me.
Liechester city why? on 17:44 - Aug 1 with 987 viewscharmr

I’ll be on my best behavior at government hq, only ever met one govt official with any sense of any humour but still have my doubts.

As for kraft I think they just took some cocoa powder out and added sugar. The go too thinking of processed foods Manufacturing and profit making. The small size Cadbury bars you get in Ireland and not the UK are or were the real deal. Cadbury’s golden crisp my number one pick.

I think the Cadbury’s bars, 200g ones I get here are either from Ireland or maybe the Middle East possibly Egypt. The small print on a chocolate bar wrapper is an apt description. If I try a 100g bar it’s a totally different taste. No one believes me though.😃
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 18:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Liechester city why? on 17:56 - Aug 1 with 966 viewsBoston

Liechester city why? on 17:44 - Aug 1 by charmr

I’ll be on my best behavior at government hq, only ever met one govt official with any sense of any humour but still have my doubts.

As for kraft I think they just took some cocoa powder out and added sugar. The go too thinking of processed foods Manufacturing and profit making. The small size Cadbury bars you get in Ireland and not the UK are or were the real deal. Cadbury’s golden crisp my number one pick.

I think the Cadbury’s bars, 200g ones I get here are either from Ireland or maybe the Middle East possibly Egypt. The small print on a chocolate bar wrapper is an apt description. If I try a 100g bar it’s a totally different taste. No one believes me though.😃
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 18:05]

I'd noticed the Arabic scrawl on packaging, always presumed the product was export and the middle-east one of the destinations.

Liechester city why? on 18:01 - Aug 1 with 956 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Liechester city why? on 17:36 - Aug 1 by Ashdown_Ranger

I'm a chocoholic.

Cadburys Dairy Milk was my fix of choice, buying those MASSIVE bars they used to make.

Since Kraft bought Cadburys, as others have said, the stuff just isn't the same in any of Cadburys' products - greasy, cloying, gritty and sickeningly sweet.

So thank you Kraft, your 'chocolate' is so utterly disgusting I no longer buy it. In fact I hardly eat chocolate these days, just the occasional bar of Lindt, maybe once a week.

Best bit of inadvertent healthcare Kraft could have done for me.

I hardly ever buy chocolate anymore but Tony's chocolate bars caught my eye once or twice. Finally got around to buying some for easter this year and it was lovely. Costs about £3.50 but the bars are massive so good value. I haven't had any since but they keep winking at me whenever I pass them in the aisle.

They do a good range of flavours and blends and I've since discovered that they're ethical too. Apparently most cocoa in chocolate is from West Africa and totally reliant on child labour which they won't use.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Liechester city why? on 21:53 - Aug 1 with 838 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Liechester city why? on 18:01 - Aug 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

I hardly ever buy chocolate anymore but Tony's chocolate bars caught my eye once or twice. Finally got around to buying some for easter this year and it was lovely. Costs about £3.50 but the bars are massive so good value. I haven't had any since but they keep winking at me whenever I pass them in the aisle.

They do a good range of flavours and blends and I've since discovered that they're ethical too. Apparently most cocoa in chocolate is from West Africa and totally reliant on child labour which they won't use.

As always an Incredible post CliveWilsonsaid and thank you for your last point.I watched an 8 or 10 part doccumentary on Netflix called Rotton and the one about the coco farmers was fcuking depressing to be honest .The one about water was as bad but never mind .
I have yet to try Tony,s because it costs $4.99 here but that was the point of the episode its eye opening
Liechester city why? on 21:56 - Aug 1 with 831 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Liechester city why? on 09:09 - Aug 1 by lightwaterhoop

Fox's chocolate biscuits are the best one's from the UK.Dont know if they are available in the US though.

Yes they are available and I have got my ass voilated by the price something like $25 dollars but when I take it out of the fridge (has to be cold) and sit down with my hot tea and devour 4 life is good
Liechester city why? on 00:55 - Aug 2 with 768 viewsBoston

Liechester city why? on 18:01 - Aug 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

Ethical chocolate, that's a hard push.Say no to child labour but a big hello for child obesity

Liechester city why? on 01:12 - Aug 2 with 757 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The 'Big Five' pushing for the Super League back in the 80s were Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs. Everton have clearly fallen down the pecking order since then as they weren't invited to form the ESL with perennial winners Spurs but shows just which two clubs have bought themselves a place at the top table in the last few decades with their dodgy money. Sadly FFP has served its purpose and it is more of a closed shop than ever now.
Liechester city why? on 08:27 - Aug 2 with 662 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My sister told me she had to explain to the lady who works in the Converse staff coffee/tea place that tea needs boiling water

To be fair the lady was happy to learn apparently.

Not a huge fan of chocolate but quite like lindt dark 70% if in the mood come tiffin at work.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Liechester city why? on 11:25 - Aug 2 with 613 viewsTacticalR

Does anyone remember the saga of the Somerdale factory when Kraft took over Cadbury in 2010?

'The Takeover Panel's ruling was based on Kraft's promise in official stock market announcements that the UK would be a "net beneficiary in terms of jobs" and its statement that, if it took over Cadbury, it would be "in a position to continue to operate the Somerdale factory … and invest in Bournville".

The bid succeeded on 2 February but Kraft subsequently said a week later that it could not keep Somerdale open because Cadbury had already spent more than £100m in transferring production from it to Poland.'

Kraft rebuked for broken pledge on Cadbury factory
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/may/26/kraft-censured-over-cadbury-tak

Air hostess clique

Liechester city why? on 11:43 - Aug 2 with 601 viewsslmrstid

To take it back to Leicester...

I suspect it takes decades for a team to work its way into a US market rather than a success of a few years. I think also the club promotes itself more in the Far East given the ownership than it does in the west.

Regards to chocolate...we do have a very good independent chocolate maker here in Leicester. Their chocolate is amazing, but obviously a bit pricier.

Regards to supermarket chocolate...we discovered Tony's Chocolonely about 18 months ago, Fairtrade and think its Dutch, amazingly nice chocolate.

My sister lives in Belgium too so we've had some amazing chocolate there before!
Liechester city why? on 13:53 - Aug 2 with 528 viewswillis1980

Liechester city why? on 08:46 - Aug 1 by eastside_r

I actually saw something about this on a QI repeat last night. Apparently American chocolate has less cocoa and includes the same acid that is in vomit (I kid you not.)

I’ve seen Hershey bars in UK supermarkets and thought I might try it. Not now.

that would go some to explaining why there is an after taste to it that i find not to disimilar to vomit. Chocolate from the states is just garbage. I was once introduced to this snack from the states that consists of peanut butter inbetween to orange coloured cheese flavoured crackers! That mightve been one of the most disgusting things Ive ever eaten.

In Germany there was a point when they would refuse to either import cadburys or label it chocolate as the cocoa content was too low, however, whether it was the novelty effect or the sugar in it I just loved it over all of the better quality brands I could easily pick up at the shop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024