Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping 14:44 - Aug 4 with 7412 views80s_Boy

I know there's a few other 'Groundhoppers' out there so just to bring to your attention that tickets for the AFC Wimbledon match against Gillingham on Tuesday, 17th August are on general sale.

We're away to Middleboro' the following night so if you're looking to tick off the newest ground in London here's a good chance.

(No booking fee either, Mr Hoos...)

Or U23 team are at home (Loftus Road) in the afternoon against Hull that day too if you're looking for something to do in the afternoon ;-)
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 14:46]
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:11 - Aug 4 with 4579 viewsjoe90

Going to a game with my brother in September. I missed out on the original Plough Lane and use to make regular trips to Selhurst and Kingsmeadow. Looking forward to it!
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:12 - Aug 4 with 4578 viewsstowmarketrange

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:11 - Aug 4 by joe90

Going to a game with my brother in September. I missed out on the original Plough Lane and use to make regular trips to Selhurst and Kingsmeadow. Looking forward to it!

You didn’t miss much.The away terrace was about the only decent bit.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:18 - Aug 4 with 4552 viewsNorthernr

I went there for my jab. Does this count?
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:20 - Aug 4 with 4543 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:12 - Aug 4 by stowmarketrange

You didn’t miss much.The away terrace was about the only decent bit.

Yep, in hindsight that away end was blinding and I was lucky enough to stand on it a few times. Facilities weren't great but as a terrace it was.

Strange they never considered putting a roof over it and making it the home end.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:21 - Aug 4 with 4536 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:18 - Aug 4 by Northernr

I went there for my jab. Does this count?

Ha ha, the rules of ticks in groundhopping are very debated!
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:25 - Aug 4 with 4517 viewsstowmarketrange

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:20 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

Yep, in hindsight that away end was blinding and I was lucky enough to stand on it a few times. Facilities weren't great but as a terrace it was.

Strange they never considered putting a roof over it and making it the home end.

I managed to get in the photo of us celebrating the winning goal on our first visit.That same photo was used in every home programme the following season.My only claim to fame apart from getting on the tv during the women’s World Cup in France 2 years ago,and meeting Mittal at the Olympic swimming in 2012.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:51 - Aug 4 with 4461 viewsRangersw12

I'm one of those miserable fckers who says it only counts visiting the ground if you've seen your team play there
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:54 - Aug 4 with 4449 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:51 - Aug 4 by Rangersw12

I'm one of those miserable fckers who says it only counts visiting the ground if you've seen your team play there

Yep, you're a miserable git!

No, I know a few 'hoppers' who apply the same rule but for me QPR will never play at most of the grounds I visit or we're relying on cup draws. Oh, and I stopped going to our away games a few years ago too!
Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:57 - Aug 4 with 4433 viewsCliff

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:54 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

No, I know a few 'hoppers' who apply the same rule but for me QPR will never play at most of the grounds I visit or we're relying on cup draws. Oh, and I stopped going to our away games a few years ago too!

I go for the middle line, getting vaccinated there doesn't count, but seeing a match, between any teams, does.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:04 - Aug 4 with 4412 viewsSonofNorfolt

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:54 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

Trouble with this theory is that one would never get to finish say, The Bundesliga which I have.
Or forever waiting for Workington to get to the third round of the FA Cup, and then we draw them at home.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:09 - Aug 4 with 4401 viewstoboboly

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:57 - Aug 4 by Cliff

I go for the middle line, getting vaccinated there doesn't count, but seeing a match, between any teams, does.

Agree, seeing a match at the ground is enough for me. QPR is a bonus.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:10 - Aug 4 with 4403 viewsDavieQPR

When my kids were younger I put a map on the wall and stuck a blue pin if we saw the Rs there and a red if another team. Still up but looks like a hedgehog now.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:42 - Aug 4 with 4349 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:10 - Aug 4 by DavieQPR

When my kids were younger I put a map on the wall and stuck a blue pin if we saw the Rs there and a red if another team. Still up but looks like a hedgehog now.

This is a great site: https://www.footballgroundmap.com/
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:50 - Aug 4 with 4316 viewsstowmarketrange

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:10 - Aug 4 by DavieQPR

Do old grounds count?Ive been to White hart lane but not the new one.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:54 - Aug 4 with 4310 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:50 - Aug 4 by stowmarketrange

Do old grounds count?Ive been to White hart lane but not the new one.

Definitely count by my rules but not if you're after membership of the '92 club' as they insist on current stadiums only.

You must go over to the new White Hart Lane at some point. It's not very special inside the stadium (better than most but a bog-standard design for new grounds of that size now) but the facilities are ridiculously good.

Every stand is like a small village with the amount of eateries, bars and seating areas and they also have a brewery on site too.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:06 - Aug 4 with 4279 viewsstowmarketrange

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:54 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

Definitely count by my rules but not if you're after membership of the '92 club' as they insist on current stadiums only.

You must go over to the new White Hart Lane at some point. It's not very special inside the stadium (better than most but a bog-standard design for new grounds of that size now) but the facilities are ridiculously good.

Every stand is like a small village with the amount of eateries, bars and seating areas and they also have a brewery on site too.

I think my best chance is going there for the American football in October.Or do the ground tour,including the roof walk.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:07 - Aug 4 with 4272 viewstoboboly

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:06 - Aug 4 by stowmarketrange

I think my best chance is going there for the American football in October.Or do the ground tour,including the roof walk.

Cup games are easy enough to get tix for.

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:12 - Aug 4 with 4266 viewsstowmarketrange

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:07 - Aug 4 by toboboly

Cup games are easy enough to get tix for.

But then I’d have to sit with moaning spuds fans.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 18:42 - Aug 4 with 4147 viewsderbyhoop

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:51 - Aug 4 by Rangersw12

That adds another level of difficulty.

When did QPR last play at Forest Green or Salfird?

I've done Ioswich v Charlton; Bury vs Walsall; and rochdale's vs Swindon among the 73 grounds I've been to.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 19:22 - Aug 4 with 4083 viewsstowmarketrange

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 18:42 - Aug 4 by derbyhoop

That adds another level of difficulty.

When did QPR last play at Forest Green or Salfird?

I've done Ioswich v Charlton; Bury vs Walsall; and rochdale's vs Swindon among the 73 grounds I've been to.

Only 58 for me.Only 6 to go in the top 2 divisions though,11 left in league 1 and 17 to do in league 2.I have driven past gander green lane a hundred times though.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 19:38 - Aug 4 with 4076 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 19:22 - Aug 4 by stowmarketrange

Only 58 for me.Only 6 to go in the top 2 divisions though,11 left in league 1 and 17 to do in league 2.I have driven past gander green lane a hundred times though.

60 of the current Football League for me:

6 missing in Premier League

5 missing in our division

9 in League One

12 in League Two.

Will probably knock of 5-10 of those over the next 12 months if overseas travel remains complicated.

155 grounds in total. Nothing like Incenzo but wouldn't want to be 👀
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 19:59 - Aug 4 with 4044 viewstoboboly

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 19:38 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

60 of the current Football League for me:

6 missing in Premier League

5 missing in our division

9 in League One

12 in League Two.

Will probably knock of 5-10 of those over the next 12 months if overseas travel remains complicated.

155 grounds in total. Nothing like Incenzo but wouldn't want to be 👀

Oh go on then;

183 seen a game at and 3 others for non-football/tours.

Prem - 19/20
Champ- 23/24
L1 - 15/24
L2 - 10/24

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 20:03 - Aug 4 with 4036 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 19:59 - Aug 4 by toboboly

Oh go on then;

183 seen a game at and 3 others for non-football/tours.

Prem - 19/20
Champ- 23/24
L1 - 15/24
L2 - 10/24

I presume the missing Premier League ground is Brentford?

Was going to buy a ticket for their match on Saturday against Valencia but the timings were awkward even if we had no injury time so holding out for a League Cup or FA Youth Cup match 👍
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 20:04]
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 4015 viewstoboboly

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 20:03 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

I presume the missing Premier League ground is Brentford?

Was going to buy a ticket for their match on Saturday against Valencia but the timings were awkward even if we had no injury time so holding out for a League Cup or FA Youth Cup match 👍
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 20:04]

It's actually the Olympic Stadium. Managed to tick Brentford off at the weekend through a Brentford mate.

Peterborough is my Champ miss.

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 20:13 - Aug 4 with 4012 views80s_Boy

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 20:11 - Aug 4 by toboboly

It's actually the Olympic Stadium. Managed to tick Brentford off at the weekend through a Brentford mate.

Peterborough is my Champ miss.

Ah, West Ham is an easy tick and you'll be able to do that when you want 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024