Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still huge queues outside ground 15:13 - Aug 7 with 14937 viewsMancR

Just had a picture sent. Mate stuck in long queue, he reckons will be nearly half time before they get in- rubbish situation
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:49 - Aug 7 with 2892 viewsjoe90

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:02 - Aug 7 by distortR

you don't think it's been hugely exacerbated by e-ticketing?

Definitely because of digital ticketing, I was one of many stuck in the queue and had to be let in by steward at a side gate. Loads of people struggling to get in due tickets not working etc. People will eventually get the hang of it.

To be fair the club did say to come early.
Still huge queues outside ground on 18:09 - Aug 7 with 2760 viewspaulparker

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:40 - Aug 7 by 1MoreBrightonR

Massive over reaction here. We are all acting like the club are rolling out some crazy technology never tested anywhere. It's just a QR code. They are used at concert's, trains tickets and boarding passes all over, for years.

We arrived at 2.30. Long line which moved fast. A few people had issues but we were in within ten minutes. One of our tickets was a screen shot forwarded on WhatsApp and worked fine.

I'm not saying it was smooth for all, but let's not pretend the club are rolling out some crazy technology and it was chaos.

The issue last week was not some “crazy technology “ being alien to your average football fan who likes a moan , the problems arose with people having barcodes for multiple tickets on their phones
It resulted in only one person being let in and the other person being locked out,
My other half had the code on her phone which let her in but not me
We also had printed confirmation which had the codes and again it wouldn’t let me in
As I’ve said on previous posts it caused issues with kids being split from their fathers whilst stewards just shrugged their shoulders , thank god it was a small crowd
I can’t comment on today’s issues as I wasn’t there, but lasts weeks events at the ER was enough to put me off for a while and I knew there would be issues today
It’s on the club to get it right

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Still huge queues outside ground on 18:10 - Aug 7 with 2762 viewsFenwick_115

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:28 - Aug 7 by Mick_S

From what I can gather on Sky, the School End looks well populated. I’m a bit confused.

Millwall were allocated traditional paper tickets.
Still huge queues outside ground on 18:10 - Aug 7 with 2746 viewsstevec

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:49 - Aug 7 by joe90

Definitely because of digital ticketing, I was one of many stuck in the queue and had to be let in by steward at a side gate. Loads of people struggling to get in due tickets not working etc. People will eventually get the hang of it.

Was mayhem. Took a mate from another club, thought it was hilarious for a ground of 18000. He was right.

Wouldn’t accept the QR code on either ST, steward was incredibly apologetic, said it was happening to loads of tickets. Let us in to SAR via a side gate, all power to the guy covering block F but the club shouldn’t put their people in this situation.
Still huge queues outside ground on 18:16 - Aug 7 with 2732 viewsFenwick_115

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:49 - Aug 7 by joe90

Some people ahead of me in the queue to enter SAR were trying to use the QPR pay cards which the club assured would work but didn't for a lot of people by the sound of things.
Still huge queues outside ground on 18:16 - Aug 7 with 2729 viewsrrrspricey

Still huge queues outside ground on 18:10 - Aug 7 by stevec

Was mayhem. Took a mate from another club, thought it was hilarious for a ground of 18000. He was right.

Wouldn’t accept the QR code on either ST, steward was incredibly apologetic, said it was happening to loads of tickets. Let us in to SAR via a side gate, all power to the guy covering block F but the club shouldn’t put their people in this situation.

Seems a bit hit and miss, got to gate 8 for the upper loft about 2.30 and straight in on the qr code.
Still huge queues outside ground on 18:38 - Aug 7 with 2643 viewsE17hoop

ER delay was apparently because of a turnstile problem that created a queue. Got there a bit late and expected a delay but missed the first 20 mins as a result.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Still huge queues outside ground on 18:41 - Aug 7 with 2630 viewsstowmarketrange

I got to the ground at 14.15 and tried to use my season ticket for the lower loft.It was declined,which meant I had to go round to the box office to pick up my paper tickets.I joined the longish queue and was getting towards the front,when my brother came along because he’d been declined too.He mentioned the other ticket office before the club shop,so I left him in the queue while I went to that window and discovered our tickets were in an envelope there.
So we go back round to the turnstiles again and try to use the paper tickets,but the turnstile steward sees that they haven’t got a qr code on them,so we have to go back to the sales window by the loft to get them reprinted with the qr code on.
We then managed to get in with no trouble,but as we’d been through the turnstiles 3 or 4 times we had amassed a load of free scarves.
We got to our seats at 14.45,so 30 minutes for what used to be a 30 sec job.
I’m sure most of the queue for the box office could’ve gone to the same collection queue we did if there was someone to tell them.
I didn’t mind the wait as it was only dead time anyway,and hopefully it will be sorted for the next game.
Login to get fewer ads

Still huge queues outside ground on 18:47 - Aug 7 with 2605 viewsW12Mikey

Ellerslie Rd was chaotic. I arrived 2.40 got in after 10 past 3. On that basis you would have to arrive at 2.30 to get in (just) for kick-off. Don’t think that is acceptable. The scanner itself worked fine, but there were not enough stewards to deal with the numerous people who had paper tickets or had a problem.
Still huge queues outside ground on 18:52 - Aug 7 with 2574 viewsTripleR

Didn't have a problem gaining access to SAR stand, Got there about 2:30.

The long queues are a bit misleading as they were moving quite quickly from what I could see.
The stewards were holding back the queues so the turnstiles area didn't get too crowded.
I could see some irate customers being refused entry by the scanners, but the stewards seemed to be handling the situation ok.

I think the club should have re-issued new cards with the QR code and let the individual choose which method they prefer. Phone or card.
Still huge queues outside ground on 19:03 - Aug 7 with 2527 viewsessextaxiboy

I sit in F Block , scanner worked perfectly
Still huge queues outside ground on 19:08 - Aug 7 with 2498 viewsMaggsinho

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-v-millwall-entry-issues-070821/
Still huge queues outside ground on 19:19 - Aug 7 with 2436 viewsE17hoop

ER delay was apparently because of a turnstile problem that created a queue. Got there a bit late and expected a delay but missed the first 20 mins as a result.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Still huge queues outside ground on 19:25 - Aug 7 with 2420 viewsconnell10

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:04 - Aug 7 by saxbend

Honestly I don't. Lower loft has had e-ticketing for a while. And it's actually quicker than humans scanning the codes. And the longer you're queuing the more time you have to get your ticket out. But really it's nothing that hasn't happened before with too many fans leaving it too late to head to the ground.

I had my new season ticket loaded on my old card and it simple wouldn't work. Loads of people had the same problem, all old season tickets . Thank god I got there early it was a balls up.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Still huge queues outside ground on 20:04 - Aug 7 with 2333 viewsDevonWhite

It was an absolute shambles and nothing to do with who we were playing. I've been going for over 30 years and never seen queues like it. The queue for Ellerslie was stretching back 4 streets and we were in it for 35-40 minutes. Eventually, at about 3.15, they just opened the gates and people streamed in without tickets being scanned. A complete mess.
Still huge queues outside ground on 20:07 - Aug 7 with 2308 viewsjoe90

Similar issue with me, wouldn't scan my ST card.

The stewards did a great job today, couldn't have been easy for them.
Still huge queues outside ground on 20:12 - Aug 7 with 2274 viewsjoe90

Still huge queues outside ground on 18:16 - Aug 7 by Fenwick_115

Some people ahead of me in the queue to enter SAR were trying to use the QPR pay cards which the club assured would work but didn't for a lot of people by the sound of things.

Exactly the same issue I had.

I think there was always going to be some teething problems, but the club did say to come early. I was anticipating a delay but couldn't arrive any earlier, the stewards did a great job, people were really buzzing to get in.
Still huge queues outside ground on 20:21 - Aug 7 with 2222 viewsGloryHunter

Loftus Road turnstiles worked OK. My new card with the QR code, and my mate's old card with the barcode - we both just breezed in. And the good news is that we could get to our Loft Upper seats via the Loftus Road entrance, which they had stopped a couple of years ago, forcing us round to the bottleneck entrance in SARoad.

So sounds like a problem with specific turnstiles, which is odd, as I'd imagined they'd all be linked together, to stop the same ticket being used twice.
Still huge queues outside ground on 20:42 - Aug 7 with 2155 viewsdenhamhoop2

Had no problem myself getting in using the App but my usual routine of alcohol before the game and at half time did not happen. It was like an away game in terms of trying to get served only 1 card reader with most people trying to pay by card and a youngster who couldn't legally sell alcohol in the kiosk leaving them effectively single handed
Still huge queues outside ground on 20:53 - Aug 7 with 2105 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Still huge queues outside ground on 19:08 - Aug 7 by Maggsinho

Barnsley is an early kick-off too. Might be worth bringing a sleeping bag and camping out the night before just in case.
Still huge queues outside ground on 21:02 - Aug 7 with 2058 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Didn’t help we were v near capacity. The queue for the Paddocks blocked the queue for the Loft which only happens when we are full. 17,000 I think was in there today.

Loads of old boys who didn’t know it was digital. Don’t think it was publicised very well to be honest. Also saw people in front of me with perfectly legit tickets getting the Red Cross of doom but no fcker to help.

Club have apologised for what it’s worth:

[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:02]
Still huge queues outside ground on 21:17 - Aug 7 with 1998 viewsstowmarketrange

Still huge queues outside ground on 21:02 - Aug 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Didn’t help we were v near capacity. The queue for the Paddocks blocked the queue for the Loft which only happens when we are full. 17,000 I think was in there today.

Loads of old boys who didn’t know it was digital. Don’t think it was publicised very well to be honest. Also saw people in front of me with perfectly legit tickets getting the Red Cross of doom but no fcker to help.

Club have apologised for what it’s worth:

[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:02]

I wouldn’t have thought it was more than 16k in the ground today.There was only 2500 away fans instead of the normal 3k+,and there were a lot of gaps in the lower loft.
Still not a bad crowd for august though.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:19]
Still huge queues outside ground on 21:57 - Aug 7 with 1871 viewsozranger

I think the main problem was at ER. At SAR there are no bottlenecks. That is you are scanned at the street. At ER you go through the security checking your bags first and then have to walk 10m or so to go through the turnstiles. When someone has a problem, they have to walk back through a mass of people entering. That causes more problems. The other note is that there are a few entrances for SAR while only one for ER. Finally, and I am probably wrong here, but I think there are more non-season ticket tickets for seats in ER than in SAR and thus more who do not know what they are doing and cause bottlenecks themselves.

When I arrived, at about 2:35, the end of the queue was at the intersection with Loftus Rd. Many just ignored the queue and headed for the entry, which i eventually also did. Didn't seem much of a problem to get through from there, so could not really understand the long queue.
Still huge queues outside ground on 22:04 - Aug 7 with 1835 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Still huge queues outside ground on 21:17 - Aug 7 by stowmarketrange

I wouldn’t have thought it was more than 16k in the ground today.There was only 2500 away fans instead of the normal 3k+,and there were a lot of gaps in the lower loft.
Still not a bad crowd for august though.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:19]

Got to Ellersie at 230 and was in my seat by 240pm, used the pay card and the kids their junior hoops cards and no problems at all
Still huge queues outside ground on 23:11 - Aug 7 with 1680 viewsBedford_R

Still huge queues outside ground on 18:16 - Aug 7 by Fenwick_115

This. I got to the ground at 14.00. Tried my card at one entrance - did not work. Went to see a ticketing steward who scanned it on his machine and she said it should work. So tried again and it did not work again. A different ticketing steward scanned my card again and he told me it should work. There were no queues at the turnstiles this early. Was told to go to the box office. Joined the box office queue at 14.15. Was in the box office queue for 20 minutes before I got to a window. The guy in the box office scanned my card and said it should work as the bar code matches the one on the system. He said that he would print off a paper ticket and have a new card sent to me. So at 14.35 I joined the massive queue to get to the turnstile. And I got to my seat with 2 minutes gone. So I was queueing and trying to sort out my card and entry for just over an hour. So for the next game I'll get up at 08:00 and get to the ground 90 minutes before kick off and I might not miss the start of that Barnsley game. I reckon they'll have to print off a paper ticket every game for me as the bar code on my card should have worked - 3 separate people told me that.

Right load of codswallop this e-ticketing system.

RMH_R Reborn

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024