Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still huge queues outside ground 15:13 - Aug 7 with 14936 viewsMancR

Just had a picture sent. Mate stuck in long queue, he reckons will be nearly half time before they get in- rubbish situation
Still huge queues outside ground on 08:15 - Aug 9 with 1983 views80s__boy

From the club who brought you the Recast shambles is anyone surprised?

At least the club laid the blame fully at the feet of the former though, eh?
Still huge queues outside ground on 08:31 - Aug 9 with 1951 viewsconnell10

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:17 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

My old st with barcode scanned fine at ER

Well mine and loads of others didnt, maybe we are all to thick to place it on a ticket scanner!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Still huge queues outside ground on 11:09 - Aug 9 with 1836 viewsdenhamhoop2

Still huge queues outside ground on 22:57 - Aug 8 by stowmarketrange

Luckily my brother went and joined the queue at 3.40 and he was just getting served at 3.50.Therewas one bloke serving who didn’t seem to know that you have to fill the glasses to the brim,so the woman there had to top them up for him.Then he didn’t seem to know how to work the card machine.
I don’t suppose it helps if they sell pie and mash there too,as it just slows everything down.There are other places to get food in the ground.Keep the bar for selling drinks,not food.

I don’t think I’ll bother going in there at half-time again.

This wasn't at half time it was at 2 30 before the game 2 50 still waiting having not moved god knows how these staff would cope in a busy Wetherspoons on a Friday night
Still huge queues outside ground on 11:35 - Aug 9 with 1786 viewsstowmarketrange

Still huge queues outside ground on 11:09 - Aug 9 by denhamhoop2

This wasn't at half time it was at 2 30 before the game 2 50 still waiting having not moved god knows how these staff would cope in a busy Wetherspoons on a Friday night

My brother suggested a beer when we finally got in the ground at about 2.40,but I didn’t see much point in queueing up for one.I guess we made the right choice.
Still huge queues outside ground on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 1745 viewsrobith

Can't really comment - mine and my dad's worked fine and there was no queue for the Paddocks at all
Still huge queues outside ground on 12:38 - Aug 9 with 1725 viewsstowmarketrange

Still huge queues outside ground on 12:23 - Aug 9 by robith

Can't really comment - mine and my dad's worked fine and there was no queue for the Paddocks at all

Looking at the forecast fo Saturday afternoon,the staff were probably shocked to think that anyone would want to sit in the paddocks on Saturday.Luckily it was a drier than they forecast.
Still huge queues outside ground on 12:47 - Aug 9 with 1706 viewsrobith

Still huge queues outside ground on 12:38 - Aug 9 by stowmarketrange

Looking at the forecast fo Saturday afternoon,the staff were probably shocked to think that anyone would want to sit in the paddocks on Saturday.Luckily it was a drier than they forecast.

I came tooled up for an end of the world flood....I got sunburn
Still huge queues outside ground on 13:39 - Aug 9 with 1638 viewsPinnerPaul

Still huge queues outside ground on 08:31 - Aug 9 by connell10

Well mine and loads of others didnt, maybe we are all to thick to place it on a ticket scanner!!!!!!!!

I DID have the help of my nephew who helped out his 'old' uncle!

Didn't work straight away and he showed me exactly where to present it.

If you think about the millions times a barcode is used in retail every day and the number of failures, there really is no excuse for a) not continuing with that and b) that to work.
Login to get fewer ads

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:51 - Aug 11 with 1516 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I just had an email from the club apologising for the delays at the entrances on Saturday. Saying that steps are being made to improve the entry system. Also something about a £10 ticketing credit for people who entered after 3pm - although I wasn't exactly sure about how this would work.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:20 - Aug 13 with 1272 viewstoboboly

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:51 - Aug 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

I just had an email from the club apologising for the delays at the entrances on Saturday. Saying that steps are being made to improve the entry system. Also something about a £10 ticketing credit for people who entered after 3pm - although I wasn't exactly sure about how this would work.

I have been sent this today after my initial email;

Me: "Hi guys, Just to let you know that the 19/20 ST didn’t scan at the Upper Loft turnstiles on Saturday and I was let in by a helpful lady with a hand scanner. I just wanted to check that the turnstiles are able to scan a barcode and not just a QR code as the old ST’s do not have QR codes, otherwise I imagine the same will happen on the 21st v Barnsley?"

Them: "Good Afternoon,

We experienced a number of issues for which we would like to apologise.

These problems have been identified and will be rectified ahead of our next home fixture with Barnsley on 21st August.

We will request for a new card to be printed by our external mailing company and we will issue you paper tickets for Barnsley and Coventry to use whilst the card makes its way to you. Should your card arrive before the Coventry game please continue to use the paper ticket as the card will not be valid for that fixture.

Your paper tickets will be sent out in the post 1st class today."

I can imagine the amount of s**t the box office have had to deal with so fair play to them for sorting. However it does seem like the left and right hand weren't talking to each other. I also hope I have time to get back to my parents address next week to pick up these paper tickets.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:29 - Aug 13 with 1253 viewsMedwayR

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:20 - Aug 13 by toboboly

I have been sent this today after my initial email;

Me: "Hi guys, Just to let you know that the 19/20 ST didn’t scan at the Upper Loft turnstiles on Saturday and I was let in by a helpful lady with a hand scanner. I just wanted to check that the turnstiles are able to scan a barcode and not just a QR code as the old ST’s do not have QR codes, otherwise I imagine the same will happen on the 21st v Barnsley?"

Them: "Good Afternoon,

We experienced a number of issues for which we would like to apologise.

These problems have been identified and will be rectified ahead of our next home fixture with Barnsley on 21st August.

We will request for a new card to be printed by our external mailing company and we will issue you paper tickets for Barnsley and Coventry to use whilst the card makes its way to you. Should your card arrive before the Coventry game please continue to use the paper ticket as the card will not be valid for that fixture.

Your paper tickets will be sent out in the post 1st class today."

I can imagine the amount of s**t the box office have had to deal with so fair play to them for sorting. However it does seem like the left and right hand weren't talking to each other. I also hope I have time to get back to my parents address next week to pick up these paper tickets.

So does that mean they've installed turnstiles that only read QR codes whilst telling people to use season ticket cards that only have barcodes?

Poll: Who’s better?

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:31 - Aug 13 with 1245 viewstoboboly

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:29 - Aug 13 by MedwayR

So does that mean they've installed turnstiles that only read QR codes whilst telling people to use season ticket cards that only have barcodes?

It would suggest it, however a number of people got in ok, so who knows

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:57 - Aug 13 with 1213 viewsPinnerPaul

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:29 - Aug 13 by MedwayR

No!

As me and others have said, barcodes DID work last Saturday.
Still huge queues outside ground on 22:56 - Aug 13 with 1110 viewsbaz_qpr

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:57 - Aug 13 by PinnerPaul

No!

As me and others have said, barcodes DID work last Saturday.

Were not scanning bar codes, at Ellerslie but that was not the main the problem, bottom line as someone who works in Business events and is responsible for ticketing / badging amongst other things is that self -service takes longer especially when you add the mobile element to it as well and you would normally up the number of scanners if you reduce the people. You also need to organise the queue and flow of people in an orderly way (usually a snake with rope and post)

It all comes down to flow and peak flow, and Ellerslie particularly does not have the space currently to cope with it, so whilst it may be manageable for lower attendance games same thing will happen again if we have sell outs or near sell outs.

There are a few steps they can take.

1. Geo code the tickets so they are accessible from the lock Screen of your device when you are close to the ground
2. Manage the queue properly with stewards (this is where the "money saving" falls down a bit) or use the roll up fencing which they have for away teams for the home entrance as well
3. Encourage the use of print at home its still quicker than mobile tickets
4. (long term - knock down the brick turnstiles so you can get more in and change the angle of the scanners
Still huge queues outside ground on 09:24 - Aug 14 with 1002 viewsPinnerPaul

Still huge queues outside ground on 22:56 - Aug 13 by baz_qpr

Were not scanning bar codes, at Ellerslie but that was not the main the problem, bottom line as someone who works in Business events and is responsible for ticketing / badging amongst other things is that self -service takes longer especially when you add the mobile element to it as well and you would normally up the number of scanners if you reduce the people. You also need to organise the queue and flow of people in an orderly way (usually a snake with rope and post)

It all comes down to flow and peak flow, and Ellerslie particularly does not have the space currently to cope with it, so whilst it may be manageable for lower attendance games same thing will happen again if we have sell outs or near sell outs.

There are a few steps they can take.

1. Geo code the tickets so they are accessible from the lock Screen of your device when you are close to the ground
2. Manage the queue properly with stewards (this is where the "money saving" falls down a bit) or use the roll up fencing which they have for away teams for the home entrance as well
3. Encourage the use of print at home its still quicker than mobile tickets
4. (long term - knock down the brick turnstiles so you can get more in and change the angle of the scanners

Fair enough but I was just answering Medway's question!
Still huge queues outside ground on 10:02 - Aug 14 with 949 viewsQPRSteve

Can't believe that the queue is still there a week after the match.
Still huge queues outside ground on 10:25 - Aug 14 with 922 viewsted_hendrix

Gawd knows what it'll be like when we eventually get a new ground, you'll probably need a Robertson's marmalade label sticker bar code thingy to gain entry into the ground and your passport.

New ground? guffaw..........................

Sit down.

'You cant sit there mate'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024