Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adomah yesterday 08:58 - Aug 8 with 5085 viewsHastings_Hoops

No criticism of Warbs because he clearly knows more than most of us, but I can’t help but feel that yesterday was a perfect opportunity to have brought Uncs on for the second half instead of Thomas - the game was crying out for an old head to put a foot on the ball and pick some passes in the attacking half and Uncs is more than capable of playing that role.
…still pleased with the result all things considered.
Great to hear a bit of “warburton’s blue and white army.” - well deserved Warbs.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 9:00]
Adomah yesterday on 09:06 - Aug 8 with 4389 viewsnix

I agree, I would have brought him at that point too. He's just got a bit of guile that might have fooled the Millwall defence. I wonder whether he just worries that he hasn't got the legs to do any pressing?

But on the plus side his passing is generally better so we don't yield so much possession.
Adomah yesterday on 10:16 - Aug 8 with 4165 viewsdmm

I agree too. Adomah almost always affects the game when he comes on. Thomas rarely does. In his 20 or so minutes yesterday, he touched the ball just 9 times. I don't want to criticise the lad all the time but it's just not happening for him at QPR.
Adomah yesterday on 11:15 - Aug 8 with 3967 viewsbosh67

Adomah yesterday on 10:16 - Aug 8 by dmm

I agree too. Adomah almost always affects the game when he comes on. Thomas rarely does. In his 20 or so minutes yesterday, he touched the ball just 9 times. I don't want to criticise the lad all the time but it's just not happening for him at QPR.

I think there is a lot more to come from Thomas but I agree that Albert changes games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Adomah yesterday on 11:41 - Aug 8 with 3877 viewsFenwick_115

I don't rate Adomah as highly as some but it was definitely crying out for his experience when Thomas came on.
Adomah yesterday on 11:44 - Aug 8 with 3866 viewsrsonist

The sub didn't work out. However, of the available options, it's not like idea of picking the one with hypothetically the most pace and bustle was wrong at the time.
Adomah yesterday on 11:49 - Aug 8 with 3847 viewsFenwick_115

Adomah yesterday on 11:44 - Aug 8 by rsonist

The sub didn't work out. However, of the available options, it's not like idea of picking the one with hypothetically the most pace and bustle was wrong at the time.

For me it needed brains not speed.
Adomah yesterday on 12:27 - Aug 8 with 3752 viewsEsox_Lucius

Can we now confirm George Thomas as this seasons scapegoat after his display yesterday? IMO he is just a modern Ian Holloway in the side, with a slightly better technical ability. Let's just see how he goes over the season before nailing him to the cross. FIW I thought Dykes & Austin had much worse games than him.

The grass is always greener.

Adomah yesterday on 13:15 - Aug 8 with 3657 viewsHastings_Hoops

Adomah yesterday on 12:27 - Aug 8 by Esox_Lucius

Can we now confirm George Thomas as this seasons scapegoat after his display yesterday? IMO he is just a modern Ian Holloway in the side, with a slightly better technical ability. Let's just see how he goes over the season before nailing him to the cross. FIW I thought Dykes & Austin had much worse games than him.

I certainly think Thomas has great potential and maybe that’s why Warbs is giving him game time which is good.

Just think uncs would have had the savvy and technical experience to make the difference yesterday… it was all a bit like pinball
Login to get fewer ads

Adomah yesterday on 13:45 - Aug 8 with 3577 viewsPetros

Loved Ian Holloway as a player. A water-carrier before his time.
Adomah yesterday on 14:15 - Aug 8 with 3523 viewsnix

I certainly haven't written him off at all. I think he's shown some flashes of what he can do last season. It's just I don't think it was the right substitution at that time in that match. I'd like to see Albert introduced a bit more often as he made a difference a few times last season.

I agree that Charlie wasn't great but he and Dykes hardly had any service. Dykes' strengths, of physicality and hard work, were negated by the very energetic and big Millwall defenders who just strangled our possession in the box. And Charlie likes to find space and there just wasn't any yesterday.

We missed Chair who might have stretched their defence a bit more in combination with Willock.
Adomah yesterday on 14:29 - Aug 8 with 3473 viewsHastings_Hoops

Adomah yesterday on 14:15 - Aug 8 by nix

I certainly haven't written him off at all. I think he's shown some flashes of what he can do last season. It's just I don't think it was the right substitution at that time in that match. I'd like to see Albert introduced a bit more often as he made a difference a few times last season.

I agree that Charlie wasn't great but he and Dykes hardly had any service. Dykes' strengths, of physicality and hard work, were negated by the very energetic and big Millwall defenders who just strangled our possession in the box. And Charlie likes to find space and there just wasn't any yesterday.

We missed Chair who might have stretched their defence a bit more in combination with Willock.

Spot on
Adomah yesterday on 14:33 - Aug 8 with 3459 viewsozranger

I too like Thomas and for that matter Bettache and see them as part of the future of the club.

However, what I think may be bypassed here is that we still had one sub and there was a player who was, well in my eyes as he was on the ER side, tired and that was Odubajo. I, personally, would have swapped those two with ten to go. I was also thinking about Bettache for Johansen but against Millwall you need someone a bit more nuggety than light as Bettache is and thus Thomas made more sense. I see him as a No. 10 style player but he has a lot to work on.
Adomah yesterday on 15:31 - Aug 8 with 3395 viewscaliforniahoop

Good shout plus, he would have taken the atmosphere up another notch.
Adomah yesterday on 22:23 - Aug 8 with 3167 viewsgazza1

Thomas replaced SJ, SJ plays CM.....Adomah plays wide or that is where I have seen him play - can't recall seeing him in the centre. Why do posters think that Adomah can just be put in CM???

This isn't Sunday morning football over the Scrubs!!!!
Adomah yesterday on 00:42 - Aug 9 with 3043 viewsnix

Adomah yesterday on 22:23 - Aug 8 by gazza1

Thomas replaced SJ, SJ plays CM.....Adomah plays wide or that is where I have seen him play - can't recall seeing him in the centre. Why do posters think that Adomah can just be put in CM???

Dozzell came on for Charlie so when Thomas came on Dozzell played the deeper Stef role and Thomas was playing more of an attacking role just outside the penalty area/towards the right wing from what I remember, like the Chair position but to the right rather than the left.
Adomah yesterday on 10:14 - Aug 9 with 2795 viewsMyke

Sadly, Warburton only seems to want Adomah around for being the 'nice' face of QPR - free season tickets for old folks and what not, plus a mentoring role for the academy kids. He doesn't seem to rate him as an actual footballer at all. I'd love to see him play the last 15 of most games when his crosses would test any tiring defence.
Adomah yesterday on 10:34 - Aug 9 with 2744 viewsgazza1

Adomah yesterday on 10:14 - Aug 9 by Myke

Sadly, Warburton only seems to want Adomah around for being the 'nice' face of QPR - free season tickets for old folks and what not, plus a mentoring role for the academy kids. He doesn't seem to rate him as an actual footballer at all. I'd love to see him play the last 15 of most games when his crosses would test any tiring defence.

Really, he would not be here if MW thought that of him.

If you said that you did not understand why he does not use him more then perhaps you may get a few valid opinions......
Adomah yesterday on 10:36 - Aug 9 with 2737 viewsQPROslo

Adomah yesterday on 22:23 - Aug 8 by gazza1

I've seen Albert come on late as a front man and put away a beautiful strikers goal for us. His winner against Watford last season.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 10:40]
Adomah yesterday on 10:43 - Aug 9 with 2714 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seems to have almost completely escaped attention, but Austin might be injured. Pulled up after about 15 mins, hobbled or jogged for ages afterwards, constantly grimacing, shaking his head. Agree he and Dykes got nothing out of the Millwall defenders, but I worry Austin jarred a knee or something. Certainly wasn't at full pelt after taking the knock. Might be wrong.

Thomas was coming good end of last season, and that was a very hard game to come into as a sub I think. Too many passes he wasn't sure enough of, feels like he lacks confidence. However, his ball into Dykes near the end was spot on and could have easily brought us a winner.

Love Uncs and I suppose had we brought him on we'd either have to go to 4 at the back, which we weren't going to risk against Millwall, or played a slightly odd 5-2-3, although he could have played a bit more centrally I suppose, as he did at Watford, but even he said after the game he was surprised to be playing there. Too risky to bring him on as wing back imo. But do hope he gets more outings than last season, he's a real danger.

Bare bones.

Adomah yesterday on 10:50 - Aug 9 with 2690 viewsdaveB

Adomah yesterday on 10:43 - Aug 9 by Antti_Heinola

Seems to have almost completely escaped attention, but Austin might be injured. Pulled up after about 15 mins, hobbled or jogged for ages afterwards, constantly grimacing, shaking his head. Agree he and Dykes got nothing out of the Millwall defenders, but I worry Austin jarred a knee or something. Certainly wasn't at full pelt after taking the knock. Might be wrong.

Thomas was coming good end of last season, and that was a very hard game to come into as a sub I think. Too many passes he wasn't sure enough of, feels like he lacks confidence. However, his ball into Dykes near the end was spot on and could have easily brought us a winner.

Love Uncs and I suppose had we brought him on we'd either have to go to 4 at the back, which we weren't going to risk against Millwall, or played a slightly odd 5-2-3, although he could have played a bit more centrally I suppose, as he did at Watford, but even he said after the game he was surprised to be playing there. Too risky to bring him on as wing back imo. But do hope he gets more outings than last season, he's a real danger.

Warburton said after the game that Austin got a bang to the knee early on which is why he came off
Adomah yesterday on 12:00 - Aug 9 with 2599 viewsngbqpr

I think Adomah and Thomas both have plenty to offer, maybe more as squad players than regular starters - but I think the problem both have is they were bought to play in MW's favoured 4231, which this summer's activity shows has now been jettisoned (which MW pretty much confirmed in his interview with Clive).

So whichever variation we play on 352 / 3421 / 3412 etc etc - I think each is a square peg in a round hole.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Adomah yesterday on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 2496 viewsMyke

Adomah yesterday on 10:34 - Aug 9 by gazza1

Really, he would not be here if MW thought that of him.

If you said that you did not understand why he does not use him more then perhaps you may get a few valid opinions......

I just did, just not in so many words. I know that can be challenging...
Adomah yesterday on 14:15 - Aug 9 with 2474 viewsrobith

Adomah yesterday on 10:50 - Aug 9 by daveB

Warburton said after the game that Austin got a bang to the knee early on which is why he came off

Ah that makes sense. He didn't seem quite right at all
Adomah yesterday on 14:22 - Aug 9 with 2456 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

Dykes and Charlie were awful at times.

Very disappointed with the latter as a lot of fans, if not the club, have pinned their hopes on him this season but he looked disinterested for huge chunks of the match.
Adomah yesterday on 14:41 - Aug 9 with 2402 viewsDando

I started a thread on this early last season, and kept being told "do you think Warbs doesnt want to play him, hes not fit"

Personally I just dont get it. Granted, he may not be a starter but hes not exactly old, and from what ive seen he still has the legs to play a good part. Not seen him have one bad performance when he comes on, always been a real threat and puts better balls in the box than most of our players. As an additional bonus, hes an r's fan so will give that extra bit more effort and experience. I was also disappointed he didn't come on at the weekend. Going forward we looked unusually poor and the game was crying out for him, not Thomas - who so far has impacted nowhere near what Adomah has in his showings. Not saying he wont eventually, but so far I can only judge what Ive seen - and that is him running a lot, but nothing else
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024