Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncs and the crowd 08:17 - Aug 12 with 7505 viewsbongo_king

Under normal circumstances I love the passion and it's great to see. But in the current situation with COVID it may be a bit more complicated. A lot has been made of how the medical team have worked hard to avoid COVID outbreaks in the squad. Obviously when a player jumps in the crowd it then gets... complicated.

We might think this covid thing is over in football, but e.g. Huddersfield town team last weekend will remind you it's not. Will be interesting to see how Warbs reacts, I'd imagine he's not over the moon - maybe no Uncs in training or the squad on Saturday to be on safe side?

Good penalty mind you...

[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 8:19]
Uncs and the crowd on 13:07 - Aug 12 with 2362 viewsA40Bosh

I could be overthinking this but i also think "Uncs" was trying to get the crowd back onside and hyped up after what was a woeful 2nd half performance and one that everyone, including Warbs, said we deserved to lose.

I think he was being cheerleader-in-chief as he was aware that 1800 poor sods had paid money on a Tuesday night and then had to witness us falling apart and struggling to keep Orient out.

Had we lost the penalty shootout then I think I would still be in the foul mood I was in at 90mins. I get why Warbs did what he did and why some of the players came on clearly out of position, but really until it gets to the latter stages it's just a B Team v B Team competition so just do it behind closed doors or make entry £1 if all you are going to serve up is that quality of football.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Uncs and the crowd on 14:31 - Aug 12 with 2218 viewsrobith

Regardless of everything, Albert getting in the crowd was really f@cking cool, and a memory I will treasure a great deal
Uncs and the crowd on 14:51 - Aug 12 with 2154 viewsCliff

Uncs and the crowd on 14:31 - Aug 12 by robith

Regardless of everything, Albert getting in the crowd was really f@cking cool, and a memory I will treasure a great deal

Only two highlights from the game for me, that was Dickie laying down his challenge for top scorer followed by chants of shoot almost every time he touched the ball, and Albert scoring the goal that put us through and then quite rightly celebrating - a jow to behold and part of.

The rest of the game .... meh.
Uncs and the crowd on 16:04 - Aug 12 with 2066 viewssimmo

Uncs and the crowd on 14:51 - Aug 12 by Cliff

Only two highlights from the game for me, that was Dickie laying down his challenge for top scorer followed by chants of shoot almost every time he touched the ball, and Albert scoring the goal that put us through and then quite rightly celebrating - a jow to behold and part of.

The rest of the game .... meh.

We also nearly scored what would have probably been goal of the season at one point in the 1st half - one touch pippity popping it about that culminated in a George Thomas half volleyed ball up the line and an attempted Dykes volley that unfortunately sailed over. An acute example of the best of our play - incisive, fast paced and technically sound - it was delicious

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Uncs and the crowd on 17:33 - Aug 12 with 1941 viewsFrankRightguard

Uncs and the crowd on 13:07 - Aug 12 by A40Bosh

I could be overthinking this but i also think "Uncs" was trying to get the crowd back onside and hyped up after what was a woeful 2nd half performance and one that everyone, including Warbs, said we deserved to lose.

I think he was being cheerleader-in-chief as he was aware that 1800 poor sods had paid money on a Tuesday night and then had to witness us falling apart and struggling to keep Orient out.

Had we lost the penalty shootout then I think I would still be in the foul mood I was in at 90mins. I get why Warbs did what he did and why some of the players came on clearly out of position, but really until it gets to the latter stages it's just a B Team v B Team competition so just do it behind closed doors or make entry £1 if all you are going to serve up is that quality of football.

I think you are definitely overthinking it.
Uncs and the crowd on 01:37 - Aug 13 with 1749 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Uncs and the crowd on 10:42 - Aug 12 by Logman

I loved it. Albert is a legend. I loved the way he displayed his emotion and wanted to celebrate with the crowd.

“Legend”?! He’s only been here five minutes! He’s put in some good cameo appearances but he seems more of a PR stunt to date.

Phil_i_P

Uncs and the crowd on 09:52 - Aug 13 with 1567 viewsgobbles

I thought it was fantastic. Who cares if it was the first round of the League Cup? Someone showing some genuine emotion for the club I have supported all my life and people want to crab it. Jeez, how miserable are some people? Get some joy in your life.
Also, on the subject of Adomah, people trying to say "he hasn't got the legs any more" on the basis of one early season game at Leyton Orient, must surely fall into the same category as those saying Kelman and Bettache aren't up to it, based on one early season game at Leyton Orient.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 9:55]
Uncs and the crowd on 10:29 - Aug 13 with 1521 viewsdaveB

Uncs and the crowd on 13:07 - Aug 12 by A40Bosh

I don't think there was any thinking involved. He came over to give his shirt to a kid and before he knew QPR fans were singing his name and he joined in. He then came over to the other side and threw a scarf in and the same happened again. Was just a bit of spontaneous fun
Login to get fewer ads

Uncs and the crowd on 10:47 - Aug 13 with 1477 viewsTheChef

Uncs and the crowd on 10:29 - Aug 13 by daveB

I don't think there was any thinking involved. He came over to give his shirt to a kid and before he knew QPR fans were singing his name and he joined in. He then came over to the other side and threw a scarf in and the same happened again. Was just a bit of spontaneous fun

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Uncs and the crowd on 11:26 - Aug 13 with 1419 viewsNoelmc

Uncs and the crowd on 11:38 - Aug 12 by simmo

Dunne was looking for and found his mates which were a big group of young lads behind us that had obviously come to see him - I noticed that too and he was delighted when he found them! De Wijs was there, not really watching the game, but was away double lively at full time - I assume in part so that he avoided too many requests for photos, etc. I found it odd that he was there alone, especially given the announcement yesterday about player space and he didn't pay much attention to the game anyway... I hope it's not an indicator that he's injured or unavailable to travel for Hull/Boro...

As for Adomah - I appreciate the club should be careful and the players too, but he's waited his whole career for moments like that in front of us. He spent last season with no fans there and as he doesn't play often, he might not get many more. Good for him for taking his chance to celebrate and milk the adoration, it was great to see.

Totally agree with your last paragraph.

Adomah's a lifelong fan of the Club and had scored the winner with the last kick of the match, a feat he's very unlikely to repeat.

His celebrations were something we would all dream of doing in the circumstances.

I'm sure that many years from now most R's fans, particularly those lucky enough to be there, will remember it as an iconic moment. It reminds me of similar special memories such as Bircham's winner at Brentford and Paul Parker's only goal for us. These often stay in the memory far longer than much better goals in far more important matches.
Uncs and the crowd on 11:38 - Aug 13 with 1388 viewsLazyFan

Uncs and the crowd on 01:37 - Aug 13 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

“Legend”?! He’s only been here five minutes! He’s put in some good cameo appearances but he seems more of a PR stunt to date.

That winner against Watford last season is I think a little bit more than PR. Not to mention he set up some goals for Chair and Dykes.

zzzzzzzzzz

Uncs and the crowd on 11:39 - Aug 13 with 1390 viewsGuppy

Whats not to celebrate? We`re unbeaten in the league and on a cup run!
Uncs and the crowd on 12:42 - Aug 13 with 1328 viewsPinnerPaul

Uncs and the crowd on 09:52 - Aug 13 by gobbles

I thought it was fantastic. Who cares if it was the first round of the League Cup? Someone showing some genuine emotion for the club I have supported all my life and people want to crab it. Jeez, how miserable are some people? Get some joy in your life.
Also, on the subject of Adomah, people trying to say "he hasn't got the legs any more" on the basis of one early season game at Leyton Orient, must surely fall into the same category as those saying Kelman and Bettache aren't up to it, based on one early season game at Leyton Orient.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 9:55]

So true.

Don't forget that someone last season bombed Dykes out of their pub team after a couple of games!
Uncs and the crowd on 12:43 - Aug 13 with 1326 viewslondonscottish

Uncs and the crowd on 11:39 - Aug 13 by Guppy

Whats not to celebrate? We`re unbeaten in the league and on a cup run!

Exactly. And I've been to every single game in QPR's unbeaten run this season. What's not to like?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Uncs and the crowd on 20:10 - Aug 13 with 1124 viewsBuzsakyIsGod

Uncs and the crowd on 01:37 - Aug 13 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

I'm seeing a lot of fans saying he is a legend. He is no where near that status of 😂
Uncs and the crowd on 20:28 - Aug 13 with 1100 viewsCiderwithRsie

Uncs and the crowd on 12:43 - Aug 13 by londonscottish

Exactly. And I've been to every single game in QPR's unbeaten run this season. What's not to like?

The fact that if you don't get to Hull tomorrow, Middlesbrough on Wednesday evening, and back to HQ by next weekend, it'll all be YOUR FAULT if we lose any of them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024