Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was not to shabby 17:33 - Aug 14 with 8694 viewsMalintabuk

Sitting in the back of my nephews car trying to get out of this massive car park with my brother who is mid 70s and I'm only 6 yrs behind him and we are like a couple of teenagers that has just pulled, funny what football can do to you
Like all of us the last months our football fix was satisfied by streams how different the game is live
First thing have to say what great support again today, the travelling Rs were Fantastic but there again unlike Tuesday we really did have something to sing about
Now the game
The back 3 for me today were immense and they looked so in command.
Seny apart from the one bad clearance was also in total command
The midfield. Well again on a stream you do wonder about Ball but in live action he is really impressive. For those old enough he is the later day version of Mick Leach, the perennial boo boy but he does all the unsexy work.
Chair was effective and first game back after illness he was OK..... Willock is a real handful and played well.... but JoJo was a Rolls Royce possibly the most influencial signing we have made in years
Dykes I'm sorry but he is not the answer. Even his goal was a mishit and would never had gone in otherwise. Hate saying it about a lad who clearly tries
So the team was great. We had a few tricky moments but really it was never in doubt
For me the turning point was that Dickie clearance. That would have made it 1-1 and with them on top that could have changed the game for them.
Now to my MOTM..... Dickie. Really can't say anything as well as North can on how good, how dominant and how skilful this lad is. I honesty thought with talk about Premier league we were perhaps biased.... but he is Premier class..... God I hope we can KEEP him
So we are moving Southwards.... now and a very happy car. Won't make my 2nd away game in 15 yrs this week so back to QPR+.... but I'm looking forward to it

RRRRRRRRRsssssss
That was not to shabby on 17:49 - Aug 14 with 6238 viewsParkRoyalR

Great write up, watch Dykes for his goal today, great movement as was his shot which Ingram saved with his trailing leg - huge fan of Dickie but thought Jordy and Barbet both edged him today - didn't think I' d say that - Jordy worked out McGuinness after 10 and had him in his pocket and Barbet did a Richard Dunne type header in 1st Half that was a key moment. All great but Barbet MOTM for me today, althou back 3 all immense.
That was not to shabby on 17:57 - Aug 14 with 6182 viewsMalintabuk

Would not argue with that Park.... the clearance and his 3rd goal tipped the scales for me for MOTM
But your right those back 3 are a superb unit De Wijs is a monster and Barbet is also very capable.
Be interesting to see in the championship team of the day if 2 of these 3 are in it
That was not to shabby on 17:57 - Aug 14 with 6180 viewsdmm

That was not to shabby on 17:49 - Aug 14 by ParkRoyalR

Great write up, watch Dykes for his goal today, great movement as was his shot which Ingram saved with his trailing leg - huge fan of Dickie but thought Jordy and Barbet both edged him today - didn't think I' d say that - Jordy worked out McGuinness after 10 and had him in his pocket and Barbet did a Richard Dunne type header in 1st Half that was a key moment. All great but Barbet MOTM for me today, althou back 3 all immense.

I agree with you regarding Dykes. As a lone striker he was pretty isolated today which is an issue we have to address because he's not a player who can often carve out a goal on his own.

When we play 3421 this will always be an issue - who is going to get into the oppo's box to support the Dykes/Austin? I'm not sure we've completely answered this one yet.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:58]
That was not to shabby on 17:58 - Aug 14 with 6170 viewsSK_hoops

To be fair even Kane did nothing in the first few Euros games. Sometimes strikers go through that - think we saw enough of Dykes at the end of last season to see he is a good player and I'm sure his form will come back.
That was not to shabby on 18:05 - Aug 14 with 6082 viewsCiderwithRsie

That was not to shabby on 17:58 - Aug 14 by SK_hoops

To be fair even Kane did nothing in the first few Euros games. Sometimes strikers go through that - think we saw enough of Dykes at the end of last season to see he is a good player and I'm sure his form will come back.

He seems to be a confidence player and Charlie Austin seemed to do him a world of good - maybe he needs another word.

Quiet though he's been, there's been the odd touch of skill that I hadn't seen last year, I actually think he could turn out a lot better than even "After Christmas Dykes", but only if his head is right. Hope the goal today will help with that.
That was not to shabby on 18:24 - Aug 14 with 5925 viewstraininvain

That was not to shabby on 17:58 - Aug 14 by SK_hoops

Agreed. Most strikers are streaky and hopefully Dykes will go on another good run after his goal today.
That was not to shabby on 18:26 - Aug 14 with 5918 viewsMick_S

That was not to shabby on 18:24 - Aug 14 by traininvain

Agreed. Most strikers are streaky and hopefully Dykes will go on another good run after his goal today.

I think he will.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

That was not to shabby on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 5776 viewsHunterhoop

That was not to shabby on 18:26 - Aug 14 by Mick_S

I think he will.

I sincerely hope he does.

The side plays far better with 1 centre forward and 2 technical players in behind (Willock and Chair) than 2 forwards and one behind.

If Austin is fit, he’ll play, and rightly so, but Dykes has shown he can do a job up there. Hopefully this gives him the confidence to make the runs, strike the ball, and not think too much.
Login to get fewer ads

That was not to shabby on 19:54 - Aug 14 with 5467 viewsBoston

If Dykes can be useless and still score, we're on a winner.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That was not to shabby on 20:00 - Aug 14 with 5434 viewssaxbend

Well it's a good thing Dykes's performances are not forever limited to how he did today. This is not the best he has ever played for us, and it is not the best he'll ever play for us starting from today. We've seen him be great for us and we will see it again.
That was not to shabby on 20:42 - Aug 14 with 5231 viewsjoe90

I was critical of Dykes in the match thread today, but am happy to eat my words. He scored today and I'm pleased for him.
That was not to shabby on 20:48 - Aug 14 with 5192 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

That was not to shabby on 20:42 - Aug 14 by joe90

I was critical of Dykes in the match thread today, but am happy to eat my words. He scored today and I'm pleased for him.

Don't worry about it. I don't get the impression he gives a sh1t anyway.

We used to boo Sir Les!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

That was not to shabby on 21:26 - Aug 14 with 5018 viewsderbyhoop

That was not to shabby on 17:49 - Aug 14 by ParkRoyalR

I think the criticism of Dykes is OTT. little service but scored and got a header on target. His movement for his goal was excellent. Not the cleanest strike but any forward would claim that.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

That was not to shabby on 21:27 - Aug 14 with 5012 viewsLythamR

Have a look at the number of crosses Hull made compared to us.

Dykes was pretty starved of service but still scored as part of a neat set piece move from a corner and had another goalbound shot saved excellently by the keepers outstretched foot, also involved in the third goal and made several good runs when the ball should have gone to him but didnt. He didnt stop grafting and was knackered when supped late on

We played some lovely football in the first half primarily through johanson until about 35 when they brought on Matty Smith and from that point Hull wresteled back some control. a couple of really good saves by Dieng and the off the line by Dickie kept us in it and we grew again from there, I thought Ball was exception. his performance was beyond on what i thought he was capable of

Overall a really encouraging performance
That was not to shabby on 21:32 - Aug 14 with 4983 viewstexasranger

Living abroad I have yet to see Ball but if you liken him to the late Mick Leach that's good enough for me!
That was not to shabby on 21:33 - Aug 14 with 4970 viewsdanehoop

Ball was doing an Ollie impression at times. All high energy/hi tempo mentalness and bringing the ball back to those who could do most damage. I like him. Leaves nothing in the locker when he plays for us, at times it doesnt work for him, but rarely stops trying.

Never knowingly understood

That was not to shabby on 22:21 - Aug 14 with 4826 viewsMyke

That was not to shabby on 21:33 - Aug 14 by danehoop

Ball was doing an Ollie impression at times. All high energy/hi tempo mentalness and bringing the ball back to those who could do most damage. I like him. Leaves nothing in the locker when he plays for us, at times it doesnt work for him, but rarely stops trying.

I would not be concerned about Dykes at all. A couple of the goals he scored towards the end of last season- that header v SW and the finish against Rotherham- convinces me that he has plenty in his locker. He is also a bit too unselfish for a striker, always looking for a player in a 'better' position When he learns to be a bit more ruthless (which Charlie will teach him) he will be absolutely fine at this level
That was not to shabby on 22:26 - Aug 14 with 4802 viewsozranger

Just back, well fifteen minutes ago. What a great game and the atmosphere was even better than Orient. The banter in the early part of the game was great and they kept it up until we got the second. Then it all went quiet.

It was strange that I could feel the two set pieces. The way the players were set up just appeared strange and that was just it - most were there to distract the players to allow one to be free. So well thought out and so well executed.

Agree fully that the Dickie off the line was the big moment. It was down the other end but still you could not miss it. I thought the defence all played well. Barbet has not quite got his range yet and still sprays the ball out quite often.

Also considered that Dykes was not too bad. Commenced poorly, continuing on from the previous two games, but then really got into the game winning most of his headers and, on some occasions, having Willock reading them. It was a pity he could not score that second but great save by Ingram, who did applaud the away fans when he took his position for the second half. Most of the away contingent did the same.

Looking forward to the next away trip, though not Boro. Too far.
That was not to shabby on 00:00 - Aug 15 with 4621 viewsCiderwithRsie

That was not to shabby on 22:26 - Aug 14 by ozranger

Just back, well fifteen minutes ago. What a great game and the atmosphere was even better than Orient. The banter in the early part of the game was great and they kept it up until we got the second. Then it all went quiet.

It was strange that I could feel the two set pieces. The way the players were set up just appeared strange and that was just it - most were there to distract the players to allow one to be free. So well thought out and so well executed.

Agree fully that the Dickie off the line was the big moment. It was down the other end but still you could not miss it. I thought the defence all played well. Barbet has not quite got his range yet and still sprays the ball out quite often.

Also considered that Dykes was not too bad. Commenced poorly, continuing on from the previous two games, but then really got into the game winning most of his headers and, on some occasions, having Willock reading them. It was a pity he could not score that second but great save by Ingram, who did applaud the away fans when he took his position for the second half. Most of the away contingent did the same.

Looking forward to the next away trip, though not Boro. Too far.

Good to hear that about Ingram.
That was not to shabby on 08:36 - Aug 15 with 4354 viewsgazza1

Dykes was the worst Ranger on the pitch by a country mile........but he scored - done very little else.
That was not to shabby on 08:51 - Aug 15 with 4314 viewsenfieldargh

That was not to shabby on 08:36 - Aug 15 by gazza1

Dykes was the worst Ranger on the pitch by a country mile........but he scored - done very little else.

Well it goes to show how brilliant the rest of the team was

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

That was not to shabby on 08:58 - Aug 15 with 4288 viewsParkRoyalR

If Charlie had scored that goal fans would be saying typical Charlie, great movement, not the sweetest of strikes but his nouse + movement won us the 3 points as no way back at 2-0 with our Back 3.

Dykes bravely led the line, tied up the 2 Centre Backs, got done a few times in first 10, no protection at all from Ref but battled on and ended up winning most of his headers which our no10's should have been anticipating and running on to.

Was an outlet all game, as was Chair, but Chair's end product was arguably again poor, offered no goal threat, crossing was off, but let's hammer Dykes who played despite being under the weather and could have scored 2 through his much improving movement.

Glass half full here, life is good.
That was not to shabby on 09:46 - Aug 15 with 4195 viewsgazza1

That was not to shabby on 08:58 - Aug 15 by ParkRoyalR

If Charlie had scored that goal fans would be saying typical Charlie, great movement, not the sweetest of strikes but his nouse + movement won us the 3 points as no way back at 2-0 with our Back 3.

Dykes bravely led the line, tied up the 2 Centre Backs, got done a few times in first 10, no protection at all from Ref but battled on and ended up winning most of his headers which our no10's should have been anticipating and running on to.

Was an outlet all game, as was Chair, but Chair's end product was arguably again poor, offered no goal threat, crossing was off, but let's hammer Dykes who played despite being under the weather and could have scored 2 through his much improving movement.

Glass half full here, life is good.

He may of 'bravely led the line' but he was generally poor throughout the match.....as I said he did score. I am still not convinced by him, got a lot more to do imho.
That was not to shabby on 10:21 - Aug 15 with 4068 viewssimmo

He was apparently sick but played through it - which shows his commitment.

Any early criticism or lack of support for Dykes, especially this early, needs to stop. He's still relatively inexperienced but improving all the time. He also made lots of runs and wasn't looked for yesterday, including a great near post one infront of his man. Yes he is still raw, his hold up play needs to improve and sometimes his 1st touch let's him down, but that's why he's here - to work on those deficiencies, become a player we can sell up and hopefully, contribute along the way.

People were all over him last season too and then he went on a tear, you can already tell he's better than a year ago. He's time and encouragement away from becoming a really good player for us, so let's give him more of both.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

That was not to shabby on 10:45 - Aug 15 with 3996 viewsfrancisbowles

I haven't seen more of the match than shown on Quest having been in the car during the game and listening on QPR+. So this is just an interested question, were you at the game or did you watch it on a stream?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024