Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Thomas 12:14 - Aug 24 with 2248 viewsaston_hoop

Back in the Welsh squad. Good on him, hope that spurs him on to a big performance tonight and he can push on from here.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

George Thomas on 12:25 - Aug 24 with 2193 viewsmcqpr10

The guy needs to play regular games in a regular position. Don't agree with those getting on his back as he's hardly played in 3 years with us and Leicester. Could of done with a loan with regular football but our squad is so small there's no chance of that.
George Thomas on 12:45 - Aug 24 with 2113 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Warbs was quoted as saying he wanted to keep him here this season. I expect him to play tonight.
George Thomas on 12:54 - Aug 24 with 2055 viewsgazza1

George Thomas on 12:45 - Aug 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Warbs was quoted as saying he wanted to keep him here this season. I expect him to play tonight.

Agreed, he should play tonight.

MW is not going to loan a player out when we have purchased him!!!!

Comes across as a good lad, people should not be getting on his back - he hasn't really had a chance but saying that he hasn't done that great when he has played. Difficult situation, maybe a player whereby MW, etc have got it wrong.
George Thomas on 13:06 - Aug 24 with 2002 viewsLogman

Needs to be given a go more centrally tonight. If a wide right player is needed then that should be Sir Albert Adomah.
George Thomas on 13:08 - Aug 24 with 1984 viewsbosh67

He is a forward running wide supporting midfielder and needs to get game time wide right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

George Thomas on 13:09 - Aug 24 with 1975 viewsJogo

Thomas is probably the most disappointing signing in a long time. When he first came I thought what with his Leicester pedigree and his previous performances with Coventry he would be a very good signing. Now I groan whenever he comes on the pitch.
George Thomas on 13:10 - Aug 24 with 1966 viewsLazyFan

Expect him to play, big game for him tonight.
Needs to be very impactful in this game and really run the show. Lots of pressure on him tonight.

Let hope it's a turning point and that last game was just an off day like Uncle and Ball had at Orient. Though I worry, that it was not and I am afraid he may not suit our system.

Should have kept Bettache longer.

zzzzzzzzzz

George Thomas on 13:24 - Aug 24 with 1903 viewsBazzeR

Against Orient he took up wide positions on the left but nobody passed to him.
Login to get fewer ads

George Thomas on 13:27 - Aug 24 with 1884 viewsNorthantsHoop

He was out of his depth in that right wing back role on Saturday, spent most of his time turning and playing the ball backwards. Not sure can really see him fitting into the midfield. He is one of those players you want to come good and willing him to do so, but you just feel it is not going to work, anyway hope he turns it around.
George Thomas on 13:37 - Aug 24 with 1810 viewsSharpy36

George Thomas on 13:08 - Aug 24 by bosh67

He is a forward running wide supporting midfielder and needs to get game time wide right.

He was by and large playing that role Saturday and failed. On quite a few occasions there was plenty of space to run into but decided to turn back and play back to dickie. Don`t want to knock the lad but he needs a more central role where he can hold it up and play short passes in and around the box. Unless he`s hiding his pace, wide right is not his position.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

George Thomas on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 1712 viewsdmm

George Thomas on 12:54 - Aug 24 by gazza1

Agreed, he should play tonight.

MW is not going to loan a player out when we have purchased him!!!!

Comes across as a good lad, people should not be getting on his back - he hasn't really had a chance but saying that he hasn't done that great when he has played. Difficult situation, maybe a player whereby MW, etc have got it wrong.

Liam Kelly and Macauley Bonne were both bought and later loaned out.
George Thomas on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 1709 viewsDavieQPR

He seems to take too long to make his mind up what to do and by the time he has that avenue is closed.
George Thomas on 13:56 - Aug 24 with 1700 viewsngbqpr

Thomas & Adomah were both signed when we were playing 4231. The switch in system has done neither any favours.

Adomah showed what he can do on Sat when we play a back 4, but still not sure how he best fits into our current preferred system.

Tho Thomas may lack the guile of Chair & Willock, I think the best (tho not ideal) fit for him in the current formation is as understudy to those two - had a pretty good game at Bristol City last year starting in that position. He certainly has pace (tho didn't seem to have the belief to use it on Sat, maybe too wary of his defensive duties).

It'll be such a scratch side tonight, and given the current wing back situation, I'd be inclined to go 4 at the back to make the best use of the players available. Round pegs in round holes where possible.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

George Thomas on 14:00 - Aug 24 with 1666 viewsSuperhoop83

Having reflected on Saturday's match, and having been very dismissive of him at the time, I really think Thomas deserves more time.

Playing wing back against a team who were bang at it in the first half was always going to be difficult and it isn't a fair way of judging him.

I haven't seen a lot from him yet but he clearly has ability and may improve considerably if he gets a run in the team - not that I want to see that if I'm honest as Chair and Willock are looking very sharp this season. And maybe tonight...?

Warburton knows what he's doing and Thomas could play an important role for us later in the season.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 14:01]

Suffering since 1978.

George Thomas on 15:38 - Aug 24 with 1541 viewseastside_r

I thought Thomas showed us some good stuff in his brief outings towards the end of last season.

On Saturday I actually felt a little sorry for him. He clearly had no idea what he should have been doing at RWB. His withdrawal was the right decision for the team but also for him personally.

Let’s give him a go in one of his preferred positions 8 or 10?

Let’s not do something silly like boo him on this evening.
George Thomas on 15:45 - Aug 24 with 1501 viewsswisscottage

George Thomas on 14:00 - Aug 24 by Superhoop83

Having reflected on Saturday's match, and having been very dismissive of him at the time, I really think Thomas deserves more time.

Playing wing back against a team who were bang at it in the first half was always going to be difficult and it isn't a fair way of judging him.

I haven't seen a lot from him yet but he clearly has ability and may improve considerably if he gets a run in the team - not that I want to see that if I'm honest as Chair and Willock are looking very sharp this season. And maybe tonight...?

Warburton knows what he's doing and Thomas could play an important role for us later in the season.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 14:01]

I have to agree.

It was very frustrating watching him go backwards all the time, but having watched it gain .. so much of the time he didn't have any options.

You wanted to take his man on, but Neither Johansen or Dozell we providing with any support, Chair and Willock we the other side of the pitch and so more often than not the only option open to him was to go back to Dickie.

In the Second half Albert looked so much better primarily because Johannsen was often over there providing a link between Kakay and Albert, and backing him up when he lost the ball. Thomas had none of that support in the first half.

That being said, Thomas has offered very little that I have seen this season and last.
George Thomas on 16:10 - Aug 24 with 1432 viewsdaveB

just to add a bit of context, Thomas has started just 6 games for us so I think some of the criticism is a bit over the top as we really haven't seen enough of him to know if he's any good or not
George Thomas on 16:27 - Aug 24 with 1379 viewsstrikerace

He is like one of the ball return machines, pointed back at Dieng. Immediately bounces back to the goalie
George Thomas on 18:05 - Aug 24 with 1219 viewsrobith

George Thomas on 13:09 - Aug 24 by Jogo

Thomas is probably the most disappointing signing in a long time. When he first came I thought what with his Leicester pedigree and his previous performances with Coventry he would be a very good signing. Now I groan whenever he comes on the pitch.

He has played 658 minutes of football for us
George Thomas on 18:06 - Aug 24 with 1214 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's his best position? Where does he play for Wales.
George Thomas on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 1161 viewsstainrods_elbow

George Thomas on 13:10 - Aug 24 by LazyFan

Expect him to play, big game for him tonight.
Needs to be very impactful in this game and really run the show. Lots of pressure on him tonight.

Let hope it's a turning point and that last game was just an off day like Uncle and Ball had at Orient. Though I worry, that it was not and I am afraid he may not suit our system.

Should have kept Bettache longer.

Agree. if anything, Bettache should be on the bench and Thomas out on loan.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024