Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know 03:19 - Sep 6 with 2305 viewsBoston

..a lot of ya visit Boston (when not locked up or caged)...this is my local watering hole, grub ain't what it used to be pre panicdemic, but still better than an average bar. Hunkered down for an afternoon / evening, little squiffy right now but off tomorrow, so hey, happy bunnies.

Flat top...without er flat top clientele.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I know on 14:56 - Sep 7 with 2012 viewsbollockchops

I know on 02:01 - Sep 8 with 1883 viewsBoston

I know on 06:47 - Sep 8 with 1811 viewsenfieldargh

Guinness $6.00, is that a pint? Draught?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

I know on 11:02 - Sep 8 with 1691 viewsBoston

I know on 06:47 - Sep 8 by enfieldargh

US Pint 16oz

I know on 14:52 - Sep 8 with 1593 viewsstowmarketrange

I know on 11:02 - Sep 8 by Boston

US Pint 16oz

Is shlitz lager still going strong over in the states?I think they mistakenly added the letter L.
I know on 15:18 - Sep 8 with 1559 viewsBoston

I know on 14:52 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

Is shlitz lager still going strong over in the states?I think they mistakenly added the letter L.

Yes, but I don’t think I’ve spotted it up here for decade. Had a few down in NY about 5 years ago, sorta like all those Americana suds, feel like I’m having a drink with Homer Simpson or Norm out of Cheers. ‘What made Milwaukee famous, made a loser out of me!’.

I know on 15:21 - Sep 8 with 1552 viewsstowmarketrange

I know on 15:18 - Sep 8 by Boston

Yes, but I don’t think I’ve spotted it up here for decade. Had a few down in NY about 5 years ago, sorta like all those Americana suds, feel like I’m having a drink with Homer Simpson or Norm out of Cheers. ‘What made Milwaukee famous, made a loser out of me!’.

I first drank it in a bar in Miami in 1981.Just the one was enough for me.
I know on 15:22 - Sep 8 with 1551 viewsBklynRanger

Looks like a pleasant hostelry. I often find myself wondering where the wife and I might go if we re-leave these islands.

The easiest choice is probably certain parts of Queens, and I always have L.A. as 'Plan C' - just to try it for a year - love all of the scenery within a few hours drive of there - the people are the issue to be honest.

Have a friend in Swampscott which looks to be other side of Boston to you - nice enough, bit quiet for our tastes.
Login to get fewer ads

I know on 15:42 - Sep 8 with 1530 viewsloftboy

I know on 06:47 - Sep 8 by enfieldargh

It was $8 when I was in New York and that was 4 years ago

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I know on 15:53 - Sep 8 with 1509 viewsBklynRanger

I know on 15:42 - Sep 8 by loftboy

It was $8 when I was in New York and that was 4 years ago

Where was that LB? I'd have choked on it at that price.
I know on 20:39 - Sep 8 with 1423 viewsloftboy

I know on 15:53 - Sep 8 by BklynRanger

Where was that LB? I'd have choked on it at that price.

We were staying near Times Square so not surprising really, the cheapest beer we had was in Hell’s Kitchen which was $3 and served by a middle aged bird with a cracking pair of norks.
Brooklyn was about $6, usually got a free pint out of most of them if you set up a tab.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I know on 22:12 - Sep 8 with 1365 viewsBoston

Swampscott ..your mate go by the name Charlie Baker? Who, by the way, is married to a woman with the maiden name Schadt, we'll leave thoughts on spelling and interpretation to Stow. Oh yes, Swampscott would be on the north shore, I actually reside in Milton, a five mins walk from Boston's southern city limit, so about 20 miles from yer buddy.
Schlitz, once the number one selling beer in North America, did a 'Ratners / Coca Cola' I believe. Bad management, awful promotions etc.
S'funny, I used to drink a wide variety of full tasting, usually on the strong side, craft beers., then I got bored with the bevvies, consumed very little (unless I was in London), for a couple of years. Upon my return to necking, found myself quite content with good old frosties..preferably bottled. Odd times I enjoy a six pack of bottled Guinness Extra, but that's pretty much it.
Draught / Draft Guinness...$4 a pint in some Southie Bars, rising to at least double that in downtown pubs. Warning, 50% of pints will be poorly poured.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 0:20]

I know on 22:21 - Sep 8 with 1352 viewsBoston

I know on 20:39 - Sep 8 by loftboy

We were staying near Times Square so not surprising really, the cheapest beer we had was in Hell’s Kitchen which was $3 and served by a middle aged bird with a cracking pair of norks.
Brooklyn was about $6, usually got a free pint out of most of them if you set up a tab.

When I was knocking around NY 84/85, we always got the fourth and sometimes the third free.

I know on 19:23 - Sep 9 with 1181 viewshoopsmark

I know on 22:21 - Sep 8 by Boston

When I was knocking around NY 84/85, we always got the fourth and sometimes the third free.

Same here when I lived in Bayridge, Brooklyn 86-88, third always free
I know on 21:12 - Sep 9 with 1122 viewsBklynRanger

I know on 19:23 - Sep 9 by hoopsmark

Same here when I lived in Bayridge, Brooklyn 86-88, third always free

Sadly the fourth and especially third one had become an increasing rarity by the time I left. Only certain places, none of them hipster in my experience. Could've been me.

Always loved Bay Ridge by the way, even though it's at the mercy of the mercurial R train. First job I had over there was job coaching at the VA.
I know on 21:14 - Sep 9 with 1119 viewscharmr

Never been to Boston, would like to one day. Maybe share a story and a beer
I know on 01:22 - Sep 11 with 979 viewslightwaterhoop

I've got tickets to see Bostons finest band the Dropkick Murphys in February next year in Brighton.Its a long way from Boston but easier to get home from.
Dorchester? on 01:39 - Sep 11 with 962 viewsstrikerace

More of a Brookline guy myself
I know on 03:39 - Sep 11 with 931 viewsBoston

I know on 01:22 - Sep 11 by lightwaterhoop

I've got tickets to see Bostons finest band the Dropkick Murphys in February next year in Brighton.Its a long way from Boston but easier to get home from.

Actually, Brighton is a part of Boston. Know it well😉

I know on 03:46 - Sep 11 with 927 viewsBoston

I know on 21:14 - Sep 9 by charmr

Never been to Boston, would like to one day. Maybe share a story and a beer

Yeah, it’s a good town to visit. Pint on me!

In more disappointing news, one of the lads working with me today ((Seamus from Wicklow), paid $9.50 for a pint of Guinness in Mick Morgan’s , Norwood, fcking miles out in the burbs!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024