Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moses Odubajo 13:25 - Sep 24 with 2807 viewsenfieldargh

I did throw a histrionic fit at the Brizzle game when Moses decided to cut inside just before half time when he could have tried to take on the full back and go for the byeline.

Instead the ball gets nicked off his foot and 20 seconds later 0-1.

I had a bit of a stressful week, nothing tragic just football allows you to blow off steam in a maniacal way and those around you think its part and parcel of going to football.

Having just read this story in the Independent about Moses's upbringing has slapped me in the face a bit and I will now go on the naughty step.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/moses-odubajo-interview-qpr-b192581

Im sorry I shouted at you Moses however please could you sometimes go round the outside and not cut in to attempt the worldy scored against Man Utd

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Moses Odubajo on 13:33 - Sep 24 with 2762 viewsflynnbo

Such a sad story and he deserves every success.
Moses Odubajo on 14:09 - Sep 24 with 2646 viewsdmm

Thanks for posting that, enfieldargh. Reading a backstory like that makes you appreciate just how hard some people have to work, not only to get through life intact, but also to achieve what they set their hearts on.
Moses Odubajo on 14:22 - Sep 24 with 2614 viewsEsox_Lucius

Moses Odubajo on 14:09 - Sep 24 by dmm

Thanks for posting that, enfieldargh. Reading a backstory like that makes you appreciate just how hard some people have to work, not only to get through life intact, but also to achieve what they set their hearts on.

I wonder if that harrowing tale changed the minds of any of the "Suck it up, he gets paid well enough" brigade that occasionally pop their heads up from under the bridge?
There's not many with the fortitude he has shown to overcome this.

The grass is always greener.

Moses Odubajo on 14:22 - Sep 24 with 2611 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brilliant.
Continued success to him, on and off the pitch.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Moses Odubajo on 14:46 - Sep 24 with 2512 viewsWren67

Good post enfieldargh.
Really good to read about another of our players with his feet firmly on the ground and contributing to a team enjoying their game as demonstrated by Uncle Albert every time he steps onto the field in our colours.
Moses Odubajo on 12:41 - Sep 25 with 2238 viewsTacticalR

That story reminds me a little of Alan Johnson's story in 'This Boy's Life'. When Johnson's mother died he was thirteen and his sister was sixteen, officially too young to qualify for council housing. His sister was pretty competent and through the actions of a sympathetic council employee and a social worker they were able to get a council flat and stay out of the care system.

Air hostess clique

Moses Odubajo on 14:15 - Sep 25 with 2071 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks for posting that.

We're all guilty of making instant judgements - and not just about footballers! - I wouldn't beat yourself up about it too much!
Moses Odubajo on 20:56 - Sep 25 with 1943 viewsdistortR

What a great attitude the fella has.
Login to get fewer ads

Moses Odubajo on 10:16 - Oct 9 with 1466 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/moses-odubajo-mental-health-struggl

Another article about is struggles with mental health.

I do hope people cut him some slack. Personally I think he is a great addition to the squad.
Moses Odubajo on 10:50 - Oct 9 with 1404 viewsnumptydumpty

Very important people know the background story to players.

It does take great dedication to be playing at such a high level and we all think we would love be a player but in reality most of us not got that kind of desire and dedication.

Faced so much trouble early in life, obviously could go one of two ways.

Saw him at the Man Utd friendly and even prior to his wonder goal, I had noticed him as MotM in that game absolutely.

It's clear that the club in all areas are getting individuals with the right mindset and desire and wrong uns are not wanted here anymore.

Got to say if his career ended today, its still an incredibly impressive story overcoming adversity and absolutely a role model for us all.

Yes footballers finances are very enticing but we not done it and it's not an easy career and great to hear this story also.

It won't stop the moaners when they pipe up but clearly Moses is top man and proud to have these sort of guys involved with our club.

Cmon you rrrs!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Moses Odubajo on 11:25 - Oct 9 with 1354 viewsmcqpr10

I like Moses as a player alot and surprised he gets a bit of flak. He's a great attacking option and chair and willock always look to play him in behind. Can be very casual with his defending but we got him on a free and think he's an upgrade on Kane and kakay.
Moses Odubajo on 12:56 - Oct 10 with 908 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/moses-mental-health-081021/

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024