Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now 10th 17:01 - Sep 25 with 1605 viewsPinnerPaul

4 pts from 6th

Happy(ish) with that.

IF - neon lights, klaxon - we can win the next two then things will look a lot better.
Now 10th on 17:27 - Sep 25 with 1504 viewsted_hendrix

Oh deep joy, a quick glance at the league table has revealed that the bloody fakes-yes those bastards have overtaken us and they now have one more point than us too.
FFS life's a filthy bitch at times, what an enormous shit plop of a weekend.
Woe is me.
Leave me alone.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Now 10th on 18:22 - Sep 25 with 1442 viewsrsonist

I know the manner of things is frustrating at the moment but we all upgraded our expectations to play-offs after the summer's business and... this seems about right for a play off team? More often than not the difference between this and automatics isn't about quality but the consistency you get from depth of squad, experienced nous... things we still have to learn and cannot as yet buy.

More broadly I get the vague impression that there is a general feeling This Is Our Big Chance or whatever, and that failure (and subsequent turnover) will result in total regression. I'm not sure it is fully appreciated that our upturn in form this year was diligent fermentation and not water miraculously turned into wine; as such there is no reason to fear that we cannot repeat the trick that got us in this promising position in the first place. The clubs we are looking to emulate suffered these same growing pains, as tantalising as it may feel that we could do it all first go.
Now 10th (n/t) on 18:41 - Sep 25 with 1405 viewsLowerloftLad

One glance at Norwich and I'm happy to be sat 10th in the championship.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 18:42]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Now 10th (n/t) on 19:22 - Sep 25 with 1310 viewsrsonist

Now 10th (n/t) on 18:41 - Sep 25 by LowerloftLad

One glance at Norwich and I'm happy to be sat 10th in the championship.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 18:42]

Bees game I've just been watching has been terrific though.
Now 10th on 19:51 - Sep 25 with 1264 viewsbosh67

As Arnold Schwarzenegger says in a slight misquote... "We be back!"

This team are too good not to get back to winning soon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Now 10th (n/t) on 22:22 - Sep 25 with 1144 viewsloftboy

Now 10th (n/t) on 19:22 - Sep 25 by rsonist

Reminded me of our 3-3 with Man City when we went up.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Now 10th (n/t) on 23:59 - Sep 25 with 1085 viewsManinBlack

Now 10th (n/t) on 22:22 - Sep 25 by loftboy

Reminded me of our 3-3 with Man City when we went up.

I thought we lost both games 3-2 to City that season.

Like how positive people feel about us as I am not so confident. We get 11 points in August and one in September and that courtesy of a stoppage time goal otherwise it would be zero. We have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

As for the fakes since our meeting they have won three out of three during our perfect sequence of 2-1 defeats hence leapfrogging us. Like the perfect hat-trick of right foot, left foot and head we were two down before getting a goal back, a goal down then a leveller before letting in the winner and finally going a goal up and then letting two in.

Perhaps in the absence of a rational explanation for our results then I should blame the international break.
Now 10th (n/t) on 08:17 - Sep 26 with 988 viewsnix

Now 10th (n/t) on 19:22 - Sep 25 by rsonist

Yes, but how long did it take them to build the team that was good enough to go up? They misssed out quite a few seasons as also rans, when they probably weren't quite good enough, but each time were able to sell a couple of players at a whacking profit and buy replacements intelligently. We're on the same trajectory but further back.
Login to get fewer ads

Now 10th (n/t) on 10:22 - Sep 26 with 895 viewsrsonist

Now 10th (n/t) on 23:59 - Sep 25 by ManinBlack

I thought we lost both games 3-2 to City that season.

Like how positive people feel about us as I am not so confident. We get 11 points in August and one in September and that courtesy of a stoppage time goal otherwise it would be zero. We have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

As for the fakes since our meeting they have won three out of three during our perfect sequence of 2-1 defeats hence leapfrogging us. Like the perfect hat-trick of right foot, left foot and head we were two down before getting a goal back, a goal down then a leveller before letting in the winner and finally going a goal up and then letting two in.

Perhaps in the absence of a rational explanation for our results then I should blame the international break.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors with the same xG;
Yours is the Internet and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Nerd, my son
Now 10th (n/t) on 10:27 - Sep 26 with 881 viewsdistortR

Now 10th (n/t) on 10:22 - Sep 26 by rsonist

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors with the same xG;
Yours is the Internet and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Nerd, my son

if you can make one heap of all your winnings,
and you're still behind Reading
and lose and start again at your beginnings
you'll end up behind Derby
Now 10th on 10:39 - Sep 26 with 847 viewsgazza1

I am not pleased with 10th position....we are better than that and should have at least 5 more points from our last 3 games.

Not the end of the world but a bit disappointing.
Now 10th on 11:27 - Sep 26 with 820 viewsNorthantsHoop

We just need to keep in distance of a top 6 position, to keep within say 2 or 3 points of 6th position for the foreseeable future. The Bristol game was a real downer in last 3 defeats, but ironically it seemed to galvanise the performance against Everton. The home form needs improvement, we need to beat Brum and Preston to get momentum going again, as Fulham is a tricky one to call, be happy with a point there.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 11:28]
Now 10th on 12:12 - Sep 26 with 755 viewsstevec

Now 10th on 10:39 - Sep 26 by gazza1

I am not pleased with 10th position....we are better than that and should have at least 5 more points from our last 3 games.

Not the end of the world but a bit disappointing.

Yeah, extrapolate 4 points off 6th over a season and that’s 20 points off the play offs.

We can moan about refs and shithousery all day long but with this side, 3 wins, 3 losses and 10th place is not the sort of long term form that will be acceptable.
Now 10th on 12:51 - Sep 26 with 706 viewsdoogi10

But for the bristol result after Fulham we have played most top teams away
Now 10th on 16:26 - Sep 26 with 634 viewsPinnerPaul

Now 10th on 12:12 - Sep 26 by stevec

Yeah, extrapolate 4 points off 6th over a season and that’s 20 points off the play offs.

We can moan about refs and shithousery all day long but with this side, 3 wins, 3 losses and 10th place is not the sort of long term form that will be acceptable.

Will give us 60 - 65 points.
Now 10th on 17:51 - Sep 26 with 603 viewswood_hoop

Now 10th on 12:12 - Sep 26 by stevec

Had a little go at the handicap list for us to finish in the playoffs, current standings,

Bournemouth 21pts +8
WBA 19pts +4
Coventry 19pts +24
Fulham 17pts +0
Stoke 17 pts +12
Blackburn 16 ots +16
Huddersfield 13 pts +28
Bristol 13pts + 20
Reading 13pts +20
QPR 12pts +18

A few teams currently that are playing well and defying their handicap rating but as we know that will no doubt change over the next couple of months.

I will do another update at Christmas and see just how things stand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024