Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Car Woes (Honda) 14:56 - Oct 5 with 2606 viewsRangersDave

Hi everyone,

3 months ago i got a brand new (leased) Honda CR-V Hybrid. It's a lovely car but its started to get niggles (ok, stuff that happens that shouldnt)

Here's the list
Alarm going off at night
hazards going off at night
Seatbelt pre tensioners violently pre tensioning when theres not a car on the road
Sat nav made a balloon popping sound snd went off for 5 minutes while on the M6
Sometimes the sat nav freezes
Drivers side window closes by itself when half down
brakes graunching
brakes sounding metal on metal when slowing from 20-0mph
headlights self activating and flashing other drivers when its bright sunshine
Doors not unlocking and when they do, the dar decides which handles to unlock
and just now (tuesday 5th Oct @ 2.25pm) the auto collision avoidance system turned on, as did the lane keeping by itself and the dash started scrolling through warning icons including a tortoise, the car on a steep hill (i was on flat ground), 'ES', 'Brake Hold', 'EP', all quite random and some with a bong tone!

I've started to video this as no one is believing me at Honda, and no one is helping and i keep all exterior sensors clean and free of dirt etc.

They want the car for a day, but wont offer a car so i can go to work or simply go home.

Anyone else had some sh1t experiences with a new car or can advise? Car now has 7500 on the clock, and with 2 breaks away coming soon i'm loathed to drive it twice to cornwall, if at all.

Best
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:02 - Oct 5 with 2566 viewshantssi

Sorry, can’t help but my 6 month old Skoda Octavia’s sat nav does that and then calls the emergency SOS!
Apparently it’s a known VW/Audi fault in the software but they haven’t got a “fix” yet.
I’d perhaps threaten them with the power of the internet or speak to the CAB for help at least for a courtesy car whilst they fix the problem.
New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:14 - Oct 5 with 2526 viewsLythamR

Thats a lot of problems for a new car.

Never mind them having it for a day i would consider letting them have it back forever and requesting a replacement

about 8 years ago i has a Honda Accord on a 2 year personal contract hire lease and the local Honda dealership were fantastic on the 2 occasions i had a slight issue and when servicing, always provided a courtesy car for me to use. If the dealership isnt being very helpful i would ask Honda direct what they suggest as they may give the dealership AKUTRs
New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:16 - Oct 5 with 2516 viewsTheChef

The car is clearly possessed.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:30 - Oct 5 with 2481 viewskensalriser

The bane of modern life - complicated electronics.

Internet of things? No thanks, it causes me enough grief when my computer(s) play up, I'm not having that scaled up to everything in my house.

Tell them it's not fit for purpose and you want it fixed or replaced.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:31 - Oct 5 with 2465 viewsgazza1

I would phone them and email them to register the problems with the car......then if they refuse to do anything then stop the monthly payments, once again mail them to advice them accordingly.

Incidentally, what company do you lease from??

PS - a mate of mine purchased a brand new top of the range VW Golf about 10 months ago.....lots of problems, lots of back to the dealership.....complained, fixed the problems, them more problems, didn't do or say much but they have now offered him a new Golf which he has accepted but he is going to put a few £££s into it for the new car.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 15:35]
New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:45 - Oct 5 with 2424 viewsdanehoop

Dave,

hope this helps:

https://www.whatcar.com/news/your-legal-rights-if-something-goes-wrong-with-your

To honest I was looking at the new CRV - Hybrid as a potential replacement for one of two cards I have to change next year. Its just dropped off the short list based on your experience.

Never knowingly understood

New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:54 - Oct 5 with 2394 viewsted_hendrix

If your leasing a brand new car that has developed 'serious' faults and your 3 Months into the contract then they are obliged to offer you a replacement car whilst 'they' sort out your car, you are expected to carry on paying your leasing contract when through no fault of your own you don't have said car due to the manufacturers inability to provide you with a reliable new car.
You absolutely must keep an e-mail trail and each and every conversation you have with them must be recorded.
100 % your bloody car has a software problem, apart from the brakes that is.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 15:56]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New Car Woes (Honda) on 16:15 - Oct 5 with 2338 viewsNed_Kennedys

Hi Dave I work at a car dealership (a far better Japanese brand than Honda 😉) and what you are experiencing should not happen on a nearly new vehicle! Sounds like it has major issues with the onboard computer and software which is very rare in my experience. They should offer you a courtesy car in the circumstances: write/phone their head office and you may get a better response.
Login to get fewer ads

New Car Woes (Honda) on 16:35 - Oct 5 with 2281 viewshantssi

New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:30 - Oct 5 by kensalriser

The bane of modern life - complicated electronics.

Internet of things? No thanks, it causes me enough grief when my computer(s) play up, I'm not having that scaled up to everything in my house.

Tell them it's not fit for purpose and you want it fixed or replaced.

Agreed, mines like driving an iPhone, it’s far too complicated for an analogue man like me trapped in a digital world!
My sat nav showed me to be in the Bristol Channel when I was quite clearly on the M4 and kept advising me to turnaround!
New Car Woes (Honda) on 17:01 - Oct 5 with 2237 viewsA40Bosh

New Car Woes (Honda) on 15:45 - Oct 5 by danehoop

Dave,

hope this helps:

https://www.whatcar.com/news/your-legal-rights-if-something-goes-wrong-with-your

To honest I was looking at the new CRV - Hybrid as a potential replacement for one of two cards I have to change next year. Its just dropped off the short list based on your experience.

That's a shame if one bad experience puts you off a normally very reliable brand
I had a CRV for 3 years and there was not one bit of trouble with it. Only because we didn't need a 2nd car at the time the lease was up we did not renew.

There is a saying that if the AA get called out to a Honda CRV they always make sure they have a spare battery as it used to be the only thing that went wrong.

However the more electronics and computerised cars get now the more unreliable they seem to be getting

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New Car Woes (Honda) on 19:01 - Oct 5 with 2108 viewsqueensparker

The amount of electronics and driver safety aids (needed to keep up the NCAP safety ratings) in new cars is nuts.

Engine technology is now so good and has been for a while that a well maintained car will last a long long time. The electrics? Not so much.

I think we’re living in a golden age for used cars at the moment - find a reliable pre-electronic fetish motor (2012 or so) from a reliable manufacturer with a good service history and you can get a good car that will last you another 5-10 years for about 2-4 grand these days as long as you keep on top of the oil changes and belts etc.

(Sorry RangersDave not much help to your current problem but that sounds nuts - clearly a major problem with the electronics and hope you get it sorted, Hondas are normally a good buy)
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 22:50]
New Car Woes (Honda) on 20:21 - Oct 5 with 2003 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New Car Woes (Honda) on 17:01 - Oct 5 by A40Bosh

That's a shame if one bad experience puts you off a normally very reliable brand
I had a CRV for 3 years and there was not one bit of trouble with it. Only because we didn't need a 2nd car at the time the lease was up we did not renew.

There is a saying that if the AA get called out to a Honda CRV they always make sure they have a spare battery as it used to be the only thing that went wrong.

However the more electronics and computerised cars get now the more unreliable they seem to be getting

'However the more electronics and computerised cars get now the more unreliable they seem to be getting"

I's not just cars. Fridges too.

My parent's fridge packed up about 6 weeks ago. They have a backup so took their time choosing a new one and eventually opted for a Bosch which they bought from John Lewis.

First one arrived and was badly dented. The JL driver still wanted them to take it saying they'll get a partial refund. My parents refused and sent it back with the van. They tried to get a replacement but that model was no longer available so they opted for another model. This one wouldn't be available for 2 weeks.

It finally arrived about two weeks ago but within one week it had stopped working. My dad measured the internal temperature at 20C. They phoned JL but were told they weren't entitled to a replacement but they should contact Bosch.

So a phone call is made to Bosch who say they'll send out an engineer. Engineer comes to take a look but isn't sure what's wrong but thinks it must be something to do with one of the control panels. He orders 2 replacement panels because he isn't sure which is faulty but they're out of stock and not sure when they'll be available.

Nothing back from Bosch for over a week and my elderly parents left without a proper working fridge (except their small backup one). My mum phoned Bosch again yesterday and apparently the panels will be arriving the end of next week so should be being fitted sometime the following week.

Ridiculous.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Car Woes (Honda) on 21:19 - Oct 5 with 1931 viewsbosh67

But apart from that Dave....

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Car Woes (Honda) on 22:39 - Oct 5 with 1814 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'm on my 5th Honda in a row. Two Accords and three CRVs. They've all been brilliant and the only reason I bought one in the first place was I had one on hire and by me listening to the football and my sons playing with the electric window we flattened the battery. The AA man said he very rarely has to go to a Honda. I thought that was a pretty good recommendation.
Sounds like you've been unlucky with this one.
New Car Woes (Honda) on 22:59 - Oct 5 with 1772 viewsenfieldargh

Iphone 11

My daughter has had one for 2 years. It packed up yesterday Apple said she needs to buy a replacement.

Strangely enough her boyfriends iphone 11 also completely packed up one week after the 2 year warranty ended.

I'm sure Apple send gremlins with their updates that render your phone useless then telling you you need a new phone

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

New Car Woes (Honda) on 23:36 - Oct 5 with 1728 viewsDWQPR

I’ve got a problem with my new car. Was meant to be delivered last Tuesday and still waiting. First excuse was that they couldn’t get any fuel for it and then yesterday I was told that the pre-delivery check discovered that the running boards I had ordered had not been fitted! Would have told them to stick the order had I been able to by a new car in stock but it seems that all the old airfields where new cars are usually stored must be empty. There is lirerally nothing around.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New Car Woes (Honda) on 09:43 - Oct 6 with 1527 viewsJuzzie

"They phoned JL but were told they weren't entitled to a replacement but they should contact Bosch."

It absolutely boils my pi$$ when retailers say this, as it's incorrect, and John Lewis should know better.

You have bought the product from the retailer (they make their mark-up after all) and the contract is with them, not the manufacturer.
New Car Woes (Honda) on 09:57 - Oct 6 with 1499 viewsNewhopphoops

New Car Woes (Honda) on 10:50 - Oct 20 with 1166 viewsRangersDave

so the problems continue and i'm not getting any help from the leasing company either.

The other day the car started giving me warning signs (in far all the warning signs), on the dash in rotation, with the occassional 'bing' but never the same sign with a bing.

Apparently i had, according to the car, brake failure, steering failure, battery failure, and others, plus 'get you home' mode , plus radar failure etc etc etc.

Honda are just ignoring me, and when i do get a response its 'we need the car for at least 2 days to check it out', which, in my book is fair enough, but no courtesy car and 2 days lost wages (minimum) as i work 30 miles away.

I have been in contact with the leasing company who say it must go back to Honda and are washing their hands of the matter despite my contract being with them.

I'm at my whits end now chaps, any further suggestions

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New Car Woes (Honda) on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 1134 viewsNed_Kennedys

New Car Woes (Honda) on 10:50 - Oct 20 by RangersDave

so the problems continue and i'm not getting any help from the leasing company either.

The other day the car started giving me warning signs (in far all the warning signs), on the dash in rotation, with the occassional 'bing' but never the same sign with a bing.

Apparently i had, according to the car, brake failure, steering failure, battery failure, and others, plus 'get you home' mode , plus radar failure etc etc etc.

Honda are just ignoring me, and when i do get a response its 'we need the car for at least 2 days to check it out', which, in my book is fair enough, but no courtesy car and 2 days lost wages (minimum) as i work 30 miles away.

I have been in contact with the leasing company who say it must go back to Honda and are washing their hands of the matter despite my contract being with them.

At the VERY LEAST they need to arrange a courtesy car or hire car due to the issues the vehicle has. Ask them to speak to Honda head office to authorise a loan vehicle: in your circumstances I’d have spoken to Honda head office myself by now explaining the issues and telling them how unhappy you are.
New Car Woes (Honda) on 13:18 - Oct 20 with 995 viewsLythamR

New Car Woes (Honda) on 10:50 - Oct 20 by RangersDave

Have you established if the Honda warranty or the leaasing contractfor your Car includes a courtesy car as an obligation or is it discretionary?

If its discretionary then you might be on a sticky wicket in terms of legal rights.

Have you got all issues and contact with leasing company, dealership and honda documented/noted? if not then get that done and then get onto Honda again, dont bother with customer service go straight to complaints department.

If you are hitting a brick wall then i would get the car into the dealership to get fixed, get a hire car for minimum period you will need it and then fight the battle over responsibilities and recompense down the line when the issues have been resolved, otherwise you end up going round in circles

If the actual car issues are not resolved during this next visit then i really would consider throwing it back at the leasing company, at the end of the day its their car and they should be fighting your corner
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024