Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes, Scotland 17:53 - Oct 9 with 13211 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

He smashed it hard down the middle and the keeper just stood his ground and saved it with his legs. To be honest his penalty technique has worried me from the start….does this mean that keepers have now worked him out?

He never goes for the corner.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dykes, Scotland on 09:45 - Oct 14 with 1647 viewsNorthantsHoop

Really had my doubts about Lyndon in the first half of last season, but he is developing into a good all round striker. The impact of Charlie Austin's signing and mentoring him most likely has had an impact.
Good news all round for both QPR and Lyndon, and if he moves on looks like we will bag a sizeable profit.
Dykes, Scotland (n/t) on 09:48 - Oct 14 with 1623 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes, Scotland on 09:45 - Oct 14 by NorthantsHoop

Really had my doubts about Lyndon in the first half of last season, but he is developing into a good all round striker. The impact of Charlie Austin's signing and mentoring him most likely has had an impact.
Good news all round for both QPR and Lyndon, and if he moves on looks like we will bag a sizeable profit.

We just need someone to silence McCoist.

On the other hand, no one outside Scotland listens to him anyway.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 9:50]
Dykes, Scotland on 10:56 - Oct 14 with 1500 viewsMetallica_Hoop

When I think of some of the disinterested shitkantwinkers we've had play for us in the last 11 years I love watching him get stuck in and give a damn.

He is also improving.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dykes, Scotland on 11:04 - Oct 14 with 1484 viewsthemodfather

DYKES is an AUSSIE. end of. bloody scottish, nah
Dykes, Scotland on 11:50 - Oct 14 with 1426 viewsW7Ranger

Dykes, Scotland on 10:56 - Oct 14 by Metallica_Hoop

When I think of some of the disinterested shitkantwinkers we've had play for us in the last 11 years I love watching him get stuck in and give a damn.

He is also improving.

This.
Dykes, Scotland on 12:02 - Oct 14 with 1395 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes, Scotland on 10:56 - Oct 14 by Metallica_Hoop

He is also improving.

100%,

Watched the 2nd half and as the clock ran down and never stopped grafting and giving an option,

Some very skillful interchanges with Roberston / Tierney on left wing late on, great run for the goal and ran the clock down superbly, always being the go-to option for the thrower as was able to control and manage the ball in the corners,

Also noticed how he shows his displeasure now if does'nt get an early cross, signs of his growing confidence in playing in the Championship and for Scotland, which contrasts with how he never remonstrated with the likes of BOS when he was doing the hokey kokey on the wing and rarely getting an early ball in his first half season.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 14:58 - Oct 14 with 1231 viewslondonscottish

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 19:12 - Oct 13 by CiderwithRsie

I agree with both you and DMM.

He is coming on nicely in skill but he also gets goals like that one v Faroes; and I really like that because basically it came down to putting himself in the mix all game, so that when the ball is pinging off people in the area four minutes from time it just can't help bouncing off him into the net

Agree with that.

Also, it's worth remembering that Dykes missed out on proper academy training when he was younger and Warbs pointed out that this is an area where the coaching staff can improve him.

I think he's already got a decent all round game and I'm sure he'll get better.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:24 - Oct 14 with 1042 viewsSuperhoops2808

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 14:58 - Oct 14 by londonscottish

Agree with that.

Also, it's worth remembering that Dykes missed out on proper academy training when he was younger and Warbs pointed out that this is an area where the coaching staff can improve him.

I think he's already got a decent all round game and I'm sure he'll get better.

Dont worry - Gazza and Tim the Cock will be along to tell you how you don't know what you are talking about
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes, Scotland on 08:00 - Oct 15 with 875 viewsSK_hoops

If Charlie is on the pitch no, if not, yes.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 10:17 - Oct 15 with 763 viewsgazza1

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:24 - Oct 14 by Superhoops2808

Dont worry - Gazza and Tim the Cock will be along to tell you how you don't know what you are talking about

Dykes has gotten a bit better over the past couple of games and 'fair play' to him, still an average CF though. Re the 'jocks' - just look at the opposition they have played against, perhaps you & I would have scored goals against them. Lets not go too overboard about, just, how good a player Dykes is!!!

I look forward to Dykes continued improvement on Saturday against Fulham.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 13:50 - Oct 15 with 644 viewsR_from_afar

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 10:17 - Oct 15 by gazza1

Dykes has gotten a bit better over the past couple of games and 'fair play' to him, still an average CF though. Re the 'jocks' - just look at the opposition they have played against, perhaps you & I would have scored goals against them. Lets not go too overboard about, just, how good a player Dykes is!!!

I look forward to Dykes continued improvement on Saturday against Fulham.

Are you qualified to play for Scotland? Dykes is suspended for the Moldova game, so if you are, we might get to see if you are right!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024