Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes, Scotland 17:53 - Oct 9 with 13212 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

He smashed it hard down the middle and the keeper just stood his ground and saved it with his legs. To be honest his penalty technique has worried me from the start….does this mean that keepers have now worked him out?

He never goes for the corner.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:39 - Oct 10 with 3809 viewsLythamR

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:22 - Oct 10 by nix

Agree with all of this and fair and balanced review. Just one more on the not so good, was that I think he was the player that didn't hold the line for the Israeli second goal, playing them all onside.

I agree though, that he keeps getting in good positions, which means he'll score. He needs to know some of the strikers tricks, which I'm sure he will do as he's already improved for us and let's face it, it's another step up for international level. I'd like to see a few more of our players shoot across the keeper at times, they often shoot near post, which can bring the keeper more into play.

But scoring in three out or three of the last World Cup qualifiers is pretty good for any player.

As for McCoist, I thought he'd been a bit harsh on Lyndon all the way through. He seemed to dig him out more for his reasonable headed effort than the far more experienced (at Championship/Premier and International level) John McGinn's poor effort when in an excellent shooting position.

"As for McCoist, I thought he'd been a bit harsh on Lyndon all the way through"

Yes even when Dykes scored with his foot McCoist was quick to say he should have used his head before eventually grudgingly admitting Dykes made the correct choice after VAR ruled it was a goal

Hes' done it in previous games as well maybe he has a dislike of Livingston or something
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 06:58 - Oct 11 with 3603 viewsdmm

I see Clarke's said Dykes won't take the next penalty. It's probably wise as it will relieve pressure on Dykes; although that doesn't seem to bother him much.

I'm hoping Dykes will be benched for the Faroe match tomorrow, so he's less knackered when he returns.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 09:16 - Oct 11 with 3492 viewslondonscottish

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 06:58 - Oct 11 by dmm

I see Clarke's said Dykes won't take the next penalty. It's probably wise as it will relieve pressure on Dykes; although that doesn't seem to bother him much.

I'm hoping Dykes will be benched for the Faroe match tomorrow, so he's less knackered when he returns.

Dykes is the first player to score for Scotland in 3 successive qualifiers since Mo Johnstone in 1989.

Let's hope he gets to put his feet up for the next game.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 09:56 - Oct 11 with 3440 viewsLazyFan

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 06:58 - Oct 11 by dmm

He won't be benched, they need to secure all points from here out to be sure. This isn't England, they will play the full team and only calm down when they go 2-0 up.

Good, he's off pens, that will mean, he won't ever put them down the middle for a long time. While the stats may say going down the middle is best, clearly keepers look at the stats too and his pen was totally read by the keeper. Needs to change up a lot more.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:10 - Oct 11 with 3335 viewskensalriser

My theory is that keepers would actually save a lot more penalties if they stood their ground in the middle instead of playing the guessing game. But of course, no keeper will be criticised for diving the wrong the way and conceding.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 13:11 - Oct 11 with 3281 viewsterryb

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:10 - Oct 11 by kensalriser

My theory is that keepers would actually save a lot more penalties if they stood their ground in the middle instead of playing the guessing game. But of course, no keeper will be criticised for diving the wrong the way and conceding.

I completely agree, especially in a penalty shootout.

At least one of the penalties will be close to being straight down the middle.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:31 - Oct 12 with 3125 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just saved Scotland's bacon.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:47 - Oct 12 with 3043 viewsconnell10

This will only add to his value. I think we have a very good striker on our hands.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:52 - Oct 12 with 2996 viewsdmm

He's not the classiest goalscorer in the world but he gets his business done by hook or by crook. I rather like that.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:55 - Oct 12 with 2982 viewsconnell10

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:52 - Oct 12 by dmm

He's not the classiest goalscorer in the world but he gets his business done by hook or by crook. I rather like that.

I think he is a lot more skillful than people give him credit for.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:39 - Oct 12 with 2796 viewslondonscottish

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:55 - Oct 12 by connell10

4 in 4 internationals. 1st time for a Scotland player since 1969.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:44 - Oct 12 with 2771 viewsDavieQPR

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:39 - Oct 12 by londonscottish

4 in 4 internationals. 1st time for a Scotland player since 1969.

Also banned for the next game due to booking.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 23:04 - Oct 12 with 2711 viewsqprd

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:44 - Oct 12 by DavieQPR

Also banned for the next game due to booking.

Banned from next Scotland match? Thank f***, Scotland is rly overusing the guy, started and played 90 mins for both games this break… now will certainly be unavailable for 90 against Fulham
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 00:34 - Oct 13 with 2564 viewsjohncharles

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 23:04 - Oct 12 by qprd

Banned from next Scotland match? Thank f***, Scotland is rly overusing the guy, started and played 90 mins for both games this break… now will certainly be unavailable for 90 against Fulham

There’s been some stupid Bookings in these last few games. Aaron Ramsey given a yellow an elbow in the first 3 minutes. Ramsey is not exactly known for roughing it up is he ? and 2 players clash jumping for the ball in the first few minutes 😳. The NI player who got a Red (second yellow) for taking 30 seconds for a throw in. No prior warning, (no “get on with it ) just red and off you go.
Dykes tonight, you’ll have difficulty seeing why even if anyone bothers to show the replay.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 01:46 - Oct 13 with 2507 viewsBoston

Hard to say where it came off him really.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 10:06 - Oct 13 with 2167 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 13:11 - Oct 11 by terryb

I completely agree, especially in a penalty shootout.

At least one of the penalties will be close to being straight down the middle.

In the Everton shootout, I was really critical of Seny for diving out of the way and saying 'he's never going to save one' and 'stand still'. Then he goes very early and we are in the next round. Cue Greavsie 'It's a funny.......'
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:16 - Oct 13 with 2058 viewsextratimeR

Lyndons overall support/hold up play was very good last night, ( particularly in Second Half).

Good support after from Steve Clarke, ( who obviously rates Lyndon highly.

The only person who doesn't seem to is Ally McCoist

What is his problem? Is their a blonde hair dye supply crisis in Scotland?
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:35 - Oct 13 with 2006 viewsW7Ranger

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:16 - Oct 13 by extratimeR

Lyndons overall support/hold up play was very good last night, ( particularly in Second Half).

Good support after from Steve Clarke, ( who obviously rates Lyndon highly.

The only person who doesn't seem to is Ally McCoist

What is his problem? Is their a blonde hair dye supply crisis in Scotland?

I've noticed that too.

Is it cos Dykes is a "Scossie" instead of a Scot?
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:48 - Oct 13 with 1975 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:35 - Oct 13 by W7Ranger

I've noticed that too.

Is it cos Dykes is a "Scossie" instead of a Scot?

I've noticed it too. But he may just be a grumpy ol' git for all I know!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 12:50 - Oct 13 with 1968 viewsStanisgod

Probably jealous he never got 4 in 4.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dykes, Scotland on 15:06 - Oct 13 with 1816 viewsNorthernr

I never do this, but I've changed the title of the thread. Scored in both games, first Scottish player in 60 years to score in four games, it just felt jarring that the thread title was about his panelty miss, albeit I appreciate that was what happened at the time it was posted.
Dykes, Scotland on 17:28 - Oct 13 with 1664 viewsTW_R

Dykes, Scotland on 18:51 - Oct 13 with 1568 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Dykes, Scotland on 15:06 - Oct 13 by Northernr

I never do this, but I've changed the title of the thread. Scored in both games, first Scottish player in 60 years to score in four games, it just felt jarring that the thread title was about his panelty miss, albeit I appreciate that was what happened at the time it was posted.

I can’t argue with that Clive - I tend to agree….I was only sharing my thoughts about his penalty technique when I posted it.

He has done well this week for Scotland.
Dykes, Scotland on 18:53 - Oct 13 with 1562 viewsdavman

Dykes, Scotland on 15:06 - Oct 13 by Northernr

Can I start a poll in place of that then to see whether we think he should remain our penalty taker? I'm not so sure...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 19:12 - Oct 13 with 1523 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:55 - Oct 12 by connell10

I agree with both you and DMM.

He is coming on nicely in skill but he also gets goals like that one v Faroes; and I really like that because basically it came down to putting himself in the mix all game, so that when the ball is pinging off people in the area four minutes from time it just can't help bouncing off him into the net
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024