Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All hail Ilias Chair 23:39 - Oct 19 with 2942 viewsqueensparker

I said this after the Birmingham game but we really need a proper song for Chair. He keeps winning us games and trundling sheepishly round the pitch afterwards while we don’t sing his praises because we don’t have a good one.

Someone sort it out (I’m too old)
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 23:39]
All hail Ilias Chair on 23:42 - Oct 19 with 2907 viewsLogman

He's here
He's there
Ilias Chair

He's here
He's there
Ilias Chair

Or some variation on that ....

Saxbend ?
All hail Ilias Chair on 23:43 - Oct 19 with 2891 viewsNortholt_Rs

Chair, Chair, wherever you may be
You eat dogs in your own country…

Er….I think I’ve got that wrong.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

All hail Ilias Chair on 23:55 - Oct 19 with 2833 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Was thinking the same thing at the end.

Best I can come up with right now is adapting the Ian Wright song.

Ilias Chair Chair Chair
Ilias Chair Chair Chair

Poll: Expectations for this season?

All hail Ilias Chair on 23:56 - Oct 19 with 2830 viewsbosh67

He's 5 foot 1
Or 5 foot 2
We don't really know
But he's too good for you.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

All hail Ilias Chair on 23:59 - Oct 19 with 2801 viewsqueensparker

Give him the Adel song as the Moroccan heir to the throne maybe. He’s earned it.

“Chair is too good for you”. It’s true after all
All hail Ilias Chair on 00:37 - Oct 20 with 2702 viewsBoston

Chair, the moment I saw you I swear...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

All hail Ilias Chair on 00:37 - Oct 20 with 2703 viewsnix

I like the Chair will tear you apart again, to Joy Division music.

They were singing it tonight after he scored and it sounded great.
All hail Ilias Chair on 02:16 - Oct 20 with 2588 viewsstainrods_elbow

Annoying, disappointing and dispiriting to see Warburton use his BBC interview to speculate about Chair's departure in Janaury 'at the club's valuation' and virtually invite a big bid - 'if someone wants to come and take him off us for 25m, then great'. I mean, why do it on any number of levels? It probably wouldn't be 'great' for our play-off prospects, Mark, given that he's now our joint top scorer, not to mention the likely effect on Willock's thrilling development. Hardly likely to make one our best (contracted) players feel the love, or the squad as a whole feel we're really having a go this season.

I like Warbs in many ways, but, whether he's moaning about fixture congestion or stripping our assets, he sometimes he just needs to button it, and remind himself he's a football manager now and not a banker.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

All hail Ilias Chair on 02:19 - Oct 20 with 2579 viewsstainrods_elbow

All hail Ilias Chair on 00:37 - Oct 20 by nix

I like the Chair will tear you apart again, to Joy Division music.

They were singing it tonight after he scored and it sounded great.

'When routine bites hard /And ambitions are low' perhaps not the most inspiring lyrics to be bellowing out from the Loft? Mind you, during that first half tonight, they seemed apposite, before we found our mojo.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

All hail Ilias Chair on 07:11 - Oct 20 with 2381 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All hail Ilias Chair on 02:16 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

Annoying, disappointing and dispiriting to see Warburton use his BBC interview to speculate about Chair's departure in Janaury 'at the club's valuation' and virtually invite a big bid - 'if someone wants to come and take him off us for 25m, then great'. I mean, why do it on any number of levels? It probably wouldn't be 'great' for our play-off prospects, Mark, given that he's now our joint top scorer, not to mention the likely effect on Willock's thrilling development. Hardly likely to make one our best (contracted) players feel the love, or the squad as a whole feel we're really having a go this season.

I like Warbs in many ways, but, whether he's moaning about fixture congestion or stripping our assets, he sometimes he just needs to button it, and remind himself he's a football manager now and not a banker.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-not-fearing-chair-bids-and-explains

More detail here. It turns out Warburton was asked the question. I thought he dealt with it well and it reads well once the full comments are quoted.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 7:12]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

All hail Ilias Chair on 07:25 - Oct 20 with 2324 viewsPunteR

Asking £25 million for Chair is hardly stripping the clubs assets.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

All hail Ilias Chair on 07:25 - Oct 20 with 2326 viewsHastings_Hoops

All hail Ilias Chair on 07:11 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-not-fearing-chair-bids-and-explains

More detail here. It turns out Warburton was asked the question. I thought he dealt with it well and it reads well once the full comments are quoted.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 7:12]

Thought his response was spot on Stainrod. I appreciate from a number of your previous posts (I guessed it was your post before seeing your avatar against it) that you have a different view, but that’s the model and that’s why we are where we are this season following the reinvestment of the Eze money.
All hail Ilias Chair on 07:30 - Oct 20 with 2309 viewskernowhoop

Not good at songs (or music!) but yes, we need one for Ilias. His understanding with Chris Willock is lovely to watch and it showed up very early in last night's match.
All hail Ilias Chair on 08:15 - Oct 20 with 2183 views1MoreBrightonR

Stripping our assets? Who and how?

Selling occasional players so we can be sustainable and invest. Maybe.
All hail Ilias Chair on 08:22 - Oct 20 with 2149 viewsjohnhoop

All hail Ilias Chair on 07:25 - Oct 20 by Hastings_Hoops

Thought his response was spot on Stainrod. I appreciate from a number of your previous posts (I guessed it was your post before seeing your avatar against it) that you have a different view, but that’s the model and that’s why we are where we are this season following the reinvestment of the Eze money.

That may be necessary at the end of the season but I really hope it doesn't happen in January if we are still in, or close to, the play-off positions.
All hail Ilias Chair on 08:34 - Oct 20 with 2076 viewsHastings_Hoops

All hail Ilias Chair on 08:22 - Oct 20 by johnhoop

That may be necessary at the end of the season but I really hope it doesn't happen in January if we are still in, or close to, the play-off positions.

Thing is, I trust the club’s recruitment team now. I am sure they have replacements lined up whether it be Jan or July all over the pitch. Eg, lose Eze and bring in Willock but also strengthen other areas with Dickie and Dykes (and others). Could end up being even stronger post January if Chair goes for top dollar and we recruit well once again.
All hail Ilias Chair on 08:39 - Oct 20 with 2047 viewsnix

All hail Ilias Chair on 08:34 - Oct 20 by Hastings_Hoops

Thing is, I trust the club’s recruitment team now. I am sure they have replacements lined up whether it be Jan or July all over the pitch. Eg, lose Eze and bring in Willock but also strengthen other areas with Dickie and Dykes (and others). Could end up being even stronger post January if Chair goes for top dollar and we recruit well once again.

Exactly. Although Chair always looked like a promising creative player for us, I didn't see him filling Eze's boots the way he has done. He's really stepped up.

I trust our recruitment team too. If they had £25 million to play with they could get some really good signings. They managed to get Dickie, Dykes and Willock for £5 million!
All hail Ilias Chair on 08:48 - Oct 20 with 1995 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair, Chair will tear you apart on a loop seems to well accepted now.

The grass is always greener.

All hail Ilias Chair on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 1785 viewsjohncharles

Our big problem has always been having to let players go for a fraction of what they’re worth.
Chair is destined for the Prem one way or another (with us I would hope) so let’s set up some guide lines. We listened to offers over £25 million.

Strong and stable my arse.

All hail Ilias Chair on 11:24 - Oct 20 with 1724 viewskensalriser

This probably says more about your ability to see the negative than anything about Warburton.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

All hail Ilias Chair on 11:31 - Oct 20 with 1699 viewssimmo

I'd like to see the latest tweets from all those that abused Chair this season, especially after the West Brom game.

It amazes me that people can watch this game weekly, for years, and wouldn't know good football if one hit them in the face from a Barbet free kick.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

All hail Ilias Chair on 11:31 - Oct 20 with 1699 viewsCroydonCaptJack

All hail Ilias Chair on 02:19 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

'When routine bites hard /And ambitions are low' perhaps not the most inspiring lyrics to be bellowing out from the Loft? Mind you, during that first half tonight, they seemed apposite, before we found our mojo.

Well that was Ian Curtis for you.
If you are after joyful lyrics we need to look elsewhere
All hail Ilias Chair on 11:52 - Oct 20 with 1637 viewsMrSheen

I noticed the Moroccan commentators pronounce Chair to rhyme with Zaire. I can only think of one song with Zaire in it.

I-li-as Cha-ir

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024