Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Bruce 13:23 - Oct 20 with 3014 viewsstowmarketrange

So Bruce finally accepts defeat at Newcastle and walks away.His stats show that his worse win percentages were at Newcastle and Sunderland.28% compared to 29%.He was in charge for 97 games at Newcastle and 98 at Sunderland.The only difference was that he won 1 more game at sunderland.

At least he can laugh all the way to the bank,and it won’t all be his fault if the Newcastle new superstar manager gets them relegated,although the geordies will probably still blame him and Ashley for it.
Steve Bruce on 21:24 - Oct 20 with 794 viewsdanehoop

I think there are worse disruptions than gaining that sort of income each year to slowly improve the side and progress. That was exactly how our neighbours from Hounslow have done it.

Never knowingly understood

Steve Bruce on 21:52 - Oct 20 with 747 viewsDavieQPR

Steve Bruce on 19:54 - Oct 20 by LazyFan

He will be fine.

He's not a big name manager, they need that to bring in big-name signings. If they cannot get that, what they can do is change the manager with someone just the same, then buy what they can to ensure Prem safety and build for next season over the summer.

By having a new manager even if they cannot bring in a big name, the excuse will go like this
- Manager needs his own players
- Manager plays a different style
- Manager can attract new players (when actually its the money)

and so on ...

We have seen this before, the difference this time is they have unlimited credit. Expect market disruption in Jan. Teams like Palace, Brighton, Southampton and so on shedding players to silly Newcastle and then coming for our players. As Warbs said, got £25m? Then the Chair is yours.

For example, Zaha goes to Newcastle for £70m, then Palace comes in for Chair with £20m (as we always get done). Palace still have £50m in the Bank see.

We could be disrupted by all this new money :(

Don't think they will spend almost half their transfer kitty on one player. They have to attract players that know they are only stopgaps.
Steve Bruce on 21:59 - Oct 20 with 737 viewsGloryHunter

Steve Bruce on 19:09 - Oct 20 by ted_hendrix

BBC reporting that the pay-off is £8m.

Utterly obscene amount.

Yeah. How many weeks would it take Cristiano Ronaldo to earn that?
Steve Bruce on 00:26 - Oct 21 with 688 viewsjohncharles

Steve Bruce on 13:55 - Oct 20 by danehoop

He'll be crying all the way to his bank account.....

He was always a cry baby anyway. Dished out some very nasty tackles but bleated the moment he was touched. Never liked and he was a shit manager wherever he went.

Strong and stable my arse.

Steve Bruce on 00:53 - Oct 21 with 673 viewsBoston

Steve Bruce on 16:20 - Oct 20 by LythamR

Jack Hawkins is quite dead but i would have had him as Hospitality,
Snorkers! Good oh

Stanley Baker wasn't it?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Steve Bruce on 10:58 - Oct 21 with 581 viewsdaveB

All depends how you judge a manager, win percentage seems the current way but he finished higher than Benitiez in his first season, midtable last year all without spending much money.

Any sympathy I have with him though goes when you remember how he was always quick to walk out on clubs when he saw a better opportunity. Did it to both Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday from memory so can't cry when clubs do the same to him
Steve Bruce on 14:21 - Oct 21 with 461 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Steve Bruce on 10:58 - Oct 21 by daveB

All depends how you judge a manager, win percentage seems the current way but he finished higher than Benitiez in his first season, midtable last year all without spending much money.

Any sympathy I have with him though goes when you remember how he was always quick to walk out on clubs when he saw a better opportunity. Did it to both Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday from memory so can't cry when clubs do the same to him

I seem to recall when he was interviewed by us a few years ago, possibly before he went to Palace and then swiftly dumped them, he didn’t want it getting out unless we offered him the job, because he was worried about “his image”? Something like that, anyway.
Still, we only need the one memory of Fatty Bruce - Dennis Bailey leaving him on his arse at Old Trafford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024