Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park 06:12 - Oct 24 with 8710 viewsbollockchops

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/callum-wilson-is-the-best-natur

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10123731/Crystal-Palace-fan-g
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:05 - Oct 24 with 2096 viewstraininvain

Meanwhile: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/world/david-beckham-qatar
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 2075 viewsKonk

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:05 - Oct 24 by traininvain

Meanwhile: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/world/david-beckham-qatar

“He was reassured that fans would be allowed to display rainbow flags in stadiums during next year’s tournament”

😂 Fantastic.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:20 - Oct 24 with 2070 viewsjoe90

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:59 - Oct 24 by Konk

Surely football fans can hold up a banner at a football match condemning the Saudi state passing the football authorities ownership test, without dismissing their point because they’re not also picketing Arms fairs?

Not sure I’d agree that the Saudi state being allowed to buy an English club is a lesser concern than the influence of Continental Ultra culture. You surely have to think that spending decades financing the global spread of Wahhabism and treating many of its own citizens horrendously in terms of their human rights, is worse than a load of dopey twa ts wearing black hoodies, making silly banners, bouncing up and down, and waving pyros?!

I’m not being 100% serious…

I think this political fan culture has no place in football. That’s my opinion, others will disagree. I don’t believe those involved in the Palace Ultras are politically literate or have an understanding of geo-politics. They’re just the loudest voices in the room.

They need a grievance in order to have a purpose. That’s how they define themselves as a group.

I also don’t think the Newcastle take over is a burning moral issue.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:24 - Oct 24 with 2062 viewsessextaxiboy

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:20 - Oct 24 by joe90

I think this political fan culture has no place in football. That’s my opinion, others will disagree. I don’t believe those involved in the Palace Ultras are politically literate or have an understanding of geo-politics. They’re just the loudest voices in the room.

They need a grievance in order to have a purpose. That’s how they define themselves as a group.

With respect I think your last sentence is totally wrong
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:31 - Oct 24 with 2048 viewstraininvain

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:15 - Oct 24 by Konk

“He was reassured that fans would be allowed to display rainbow flags in stadiums during next year’s tournament”

😂 Fantastic.

It’s pathetic isn’t it. We’re supposed to be grateful that he’s made sure fans can wave rainbow flags in a country to which gay people can’t legally travel.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:42 - Oct 24 with 2024 viewsKonk

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:20 - Oct 24 by joe90

I’m not generally a fan of overt politics in football - even as a Guardian reader, I found a trip to Dulwich Hamlet almost painful - but when it comes to football politics, I say, “crack-on”.

Football is full of horrible, corrupt, greedy bas tards, but as far as we know, most of those genuinely awful people don’t have critics murdered etc. I don’t think that any state should be able to buy a club: Man City, PSG and Newcastle are now just representative sides for Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:44 - Oct 24 with 2024 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:05 - Oct 24 by traininvain

Prior to finishing up in Qatar, we were tipped off Beckham had signed this deal, as plans were being made for him to visit. I was left with the question then that I pose now: How much money is enough for these people?

I have previously commented on here, that the WC/football is shining a light on a whole range of issues and has been a catalyst for change across the Gulf. So if there is anything that can come of it, then maybe the fact there is change taking place is a good thing...as long as it does not peter out of course.

However, just parking rights issues for a moment, until you have seen these eight incredible edifices rising out of the desert, in a country where you rock up at a perfectly serviceable stadium for 20,000 people three minutes before kick-off, to see it packed to the rafters with 50 (fifty) fans paying about £2 to get in, then your head scratches at the sense of it all.

A lot of Qataris still question the merits of hosting the circus for 1 month, that's costing them $350b...not that Beckham's too worried!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 13:50 - Oct 24 with 1978 viewsessextaxiboy

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:44 - Oct 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Prior to finishing up in Qatar, we were tipped off Beckham had signed this deal, as plans were being made for him to visit. I was left with the question then that I pose now: How much money is enough for these people?

I have previously commented on here, that the WC/football is shining a light on a whole range of issues and has been a catalyst for change across the Gulf. So if there is anything that can come of it, then maybe the fact there is change taking place is a good thing...as long as it does not peter out of course.

However, just parking rights issues for a moment, until you have seen these eight incredible edifices rising out of the desert, in a country where you rock up at a perfectly serviceable stadium for 20,000 people three minutes before kick-off, to see it packed to the rafters with 50 (fifty) fans paying about £2 to get in, then your head scratches at the sense of it all.

A lot of Qataris still question the merits of hosting the circus for 1 month, that's costing them $350b...not that Beckham's too worried!

The oil revenue will decrease over the coming decades . They have to find an income to replace it , ....tourism .
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 13:52]
Login to get fewer ads

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 15:06 - Oct 24 with 1890 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 13:50 - Oct 24 by essextaxiboy

The oil revenue will decrease over the coming decades . They have to find an income to replace it , ....tourism .
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 13:52]

From May to November, it’s way to hot for anything outside for those not used to it. Frankly, if I was boarding a flight to get away during the winter, it would be one heading to south east Asia: just has much more!

Qatar just doesn’t have enough on offer currently, certainly not to compete with the UAE. But as I understand it, they want to position themselves as a sports centre of excellence. The resources are phenomenal, but expect Saudi and UAE to compete on this front.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 15:37 - Oct 24 with 1848 viewsBoston

Crystal Palace...slowly but surely becoming my second favourite team.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 16:16 - Oct 24 with 1820 viewsjoe90

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 12:24 - Oct 24 by essextaxiboy

With respect I think your last sentence is totally wrong

I’m sure you’re not alone.

The idea of this being a moral issue to me seems ludicrous when consider all the other moral failings within football. Morality is subjective, and if we are to take the ‘moral’ high ground we should probably think about our own governments contribution to the Saudi state and perhaps why football needs rich owners to bankroll clubs. The Saudi investor didn’t create the situation, they’re just responding to it.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 16:21 - Oct 24 with 1802 viewsBoston

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 16:16 - Oct 24 by joe90

I’m sure you’re not alone.

The idea of this being a moral issue to me seems ludicrous when consider all the other moral failings within football. Morality is subjective, and if we are to take the ‘moral’ high ground we should probably think about our own governments contribution to the Saudi state and perhaps why football needs rich owners to bankroll clubs. The Saudi investor didn’t create the situation, they’re just responding to it.

Sometimes it's good to draw a line.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:06 - Oct 25 with 1595 viewsthemodfather

how close to clubs being state owned? it is borderline now and football rules do not allow govt interference..... as for the "ultras" banner if you held up one that said " the yorkshire ripper was a rapist, murderer and child killer" would you be wrong? football is just about the money now, a business and for mass media, it is not for your local team but for spread bets in the far east and being an event day in chicago! fans are there for the decoration oh and qpr will get fined for whatever happened at selhurst park.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:14 - Oct 25 with 1577 viewsrobith

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:34 - Oct 24 by joe90

Can’t stand the Palace ultras or the European ultra culture that they’ve appropriated. Has no place in English football and is bigger concern then a man from Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle - which was ironically managed/brokered by an Iranian. I doubt the Palace Ultras are out in force at the arms fairs.

Sorry I'm lost, what is ironic about it being brokered by an Iranian?
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:16 - Oct 25 with 1571 viewsrobith

Fair play to Palace fans. Every team that play Newcastle should make it as awkward as possible for their owners and never relent.

The Saudi state owning a team is a crossing of the Rubicon. Don't let whataboutery deter you from condemning it every chance you get
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:41 - Oct 25 with 1545 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:14 - Oct 25 by robith

Relations between Tehran and Riyadh is best described as, not pleasant. They are both vying to be the top habibi in the region.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:48 - Oct 25 with 1536 viewsTheChef

“On Saturday 23 October police received a report of an offensive banner displayed by Crystal Palace fans. Officers are assessing the information and carrying out enquiries. Any allegations of racist abuse will be taken very seriously.”

Racist abuse??

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:12 - Oct 25 with 1522 viewsjoe90

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:14 - Oct 25 by robith

Not having a go at you personally but your comment kind of proves my point about people not being political literate and/or knowing about geopolitics. I’m sure there are plenty of Palace ultras who only have a superficial understanding of what’s going on.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 1513 viewsjoe90

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:06 - Oct 25 by themodfather

how close to clubs being state owned? it is borderline now and football rules do not allow govt interference..... as for the "ultras" banner if you held up one that said " the yorkshire ripper was a rapist, murderer and child killer" would you be wrong? football is just about the money now, a business and for mass media, it is not for your local team but for spread bets in the far east and being an event day in chicago! fans are there for the decoration oh and qpr will get fined for whatever happened at selhurst park.

If the ‘ultras’ held up a banner at Selhurst Park that said the ‘majority of knife crime in south London is committed by young black men’ with a caricature of a black man it wouldn’t be wrong… But it would rightly draw a lot of criticism because there’s very important context to go along with that and reducing such an issue to a provocative banner doesn’t address the issue.

Footballs always been about money.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 10:20]
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:09 - Oct 25 with 1461 viewsJuzzie

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:41 - Oct 25 by PlanetHonneywood

Relations between Tehran and Riyadh is best described as, not pleasant. They are both vying to be the top habibi in the region.

I would imagine when it comes to 'business' (i.e. making as much fking money as you possibly can) then they don't give a fk about politics, religion etc. Let the political & religious people deal with all of that.

If you can make £millions by dealing with your supposed rival then everything goes I guess.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 11:33]
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:16 - Oct 25 with 1446 viewsNW5Hoop

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:34 - Oct 24 by joe90

Can’t stand the Palace ultras or the European ultra culture that they’ve appropriated. Has no place in English football and is bigger concern then a man from Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle - which was ironically managed/brokered by an Iranian. I doubt the Palace Ultras are out in force at the arms fairs.

A few hundred Palace fans are a bigger concern for English football than murderous dictators buying up clubs? You OK, hun?
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 13:38 - Oct 25 with 1319 viewsrobith

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:12 - Oct 25 by joe90

Not having a go at you personally but your comment kind of proves my point about people not being political literate and/or knowing about geopolitics. I’m sure there are plenty of Palace ultras who only have a superficial understanding of what’s going on.

Big bold statement there boss man.

Iran has beef with the Saudis, but I don't get why it's ironic that a private individual brokered the deal. He isn't the Iranian government is he?
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 13:39 - Oct 25 with 1318 viewsrobith

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:41 - Oct 25 by PlanetHonneywood

He's a private businessman though, not the Iranian state
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 14:11 - Oct 25 with 1278 viewsjoe90

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:16 - Oct 25 by NW5Hoop

A few hundred Palace fans are a bigger concern for English football than murderous dictators buying up clubs? You OK, hun?

To be fair, I probably shouldn’t have responded to this thread. It’s a complex issue that’s beyond most football fans understanding as evidenced by the responses on here and the protest.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 14:31 - Oct 25 with 1251 viewsTheChef

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 14:11 - Oct 25 by joe90

To be fair, I probably shouldn’t have responded to this thread. It’s a complex issue that’s beyond most football fans understanding as evidenced by the responses on here and the protest.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024