Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Herberts. 12:29 - Oct 24 with 15451 viewsdutch

Among the thousands in the away end and sides at Peterborough yesterday there was a surprisingly large number of young, ie under 25, herbert's indulging in various forms of jolity. A few got out of hand an made fools of themselves (of us), but most were content to wear various caps and sing Rangers songs. My question is where have they come from? I do literally mean where have they come from. In the old days they would have been out of the Bush or the Grove, but today I suspect not. Where are they from?
Herberts. on 17:32 - Oct 24 with 3276 viewsNorthernr

Herberts. on 16:48 - Oct 24 by paulparker

Went into charters at 12.30 had a beer with no problems then went to the brewery tap where us old sods had a good few drinks and a laugh again no agg
The walk to the ground was fine the only concerns for me were the local chavs hanging around the Poundland shops , it made the Uxbridge road look like sunset boulevard
Half time was fine a poor young lad had one to many ciders and paid the price but the atmosphere was good on the concourse
The only thing to spoil the day was the team they didn’t deserve the support
All in all a good day

Yeh brilliant innit, all fun and japes, until some 9 year old kid goes home with one eye.

Herberts. on 17:50 - Oct 24 with 3207 viewsBoston

Herberts. on 17:31 - Oct 24 by loftboy

Only violence I saw was in the town centre at 11:30 and it was a homeless bloke thumping a religious preacher!! “ what’s Jesus ever fûcking done for me” he shouted before walloping him!!

Sure that wasn't a Python sketch?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Herberts. on 18:18 - Oct 24 with 3128 viewsBakes

Herberts. on 17:09 - Oct 24 by GroveR

The family connection - especially your dad - can't be overstated. If you live close to a club, especially one that gives tickets to local schools, you'll probably go. Ultimately though the team need to be worth watching, otherwise why bother?

My family didn’t support a team, I didn’t really care about football but my friends from school told me about going to watch QPR, kids for a quid, paid my pound and went along, I was hooked and have been obsessed ever since, 15 years of ST’s, £1000s spent on merchandise, I now have 2 sons who are QPR mad and all from a £1 ticket. the club really should do that again.

It starts as a spark and becomes an eternal flame.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Herberts. on 19:41 - Oct 24 with 2952 viewsHayesender

Herberts. on 17:31 - Oct 24 by loftboy

Only violence I saw was in the town centre at 11:30 and it was a homeless bloke thumping a religious preacher!! “ what’s Jesus ever fûcking done for me” he shouted before walloping him!!

That was funny that was. "WHATS JESUS EVER DONE FOR ME, FECK ALL"

You must have been right next to me. Were you with the Suffolk lot?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Herberts. on 20:07 - Oct 24 with 2884 viewspaulhoop2

Also getting fed up I have to stand up the whole game cos the plums won’t sit down around me ffs . Can see why the club put that statement out on Friday

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Herberts. on 20:09 - Oct 24 with 2874 viewsRangersw12

Herberts. on 20:07 - Oct 24 by paulhoop2

Also getting fed up I have to stand up the whole game cos the plums won’t sit down around me ffs . Can see why the club put that statement out on Friday

Next your be moaning it's too loud at games
Herberts. on 20:52 - Oct 24 with 2730 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Herberts. on 16:48 - Oct 24 by paulparker

Went into charters at 12.30 had a beer with no problems then went to the brewery tap where us old sods had a good few drinks and a laugh again no agg
The walk to the ground was fine the only concerns for me were the local chavs hanging around the Poundland shops , it made the Uxbridge road look like sunset boulevard
Half time was fine a poor young lad had one to many ciders and paid the price but the atmosphere was good on the concourse
The only thing to spoil the day was the team they didn’t deserve the support
All in all a good day

Totally agree mate. Seemed a good atmosphere and great to see all these youngsters supporting the Rs. Can't condone idiots that throw things but the expensive clothes and going to football together was what I used to love when I was younger so I'm pleased to see it back.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 23:02]
Herberts. on 21:09 - Oct 24 with 2676 viewspaulparker

Herberts. on 17:32 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Yeh brilliant innit, all fun and japes, until some 9 year old kid goes home with one eye.

Yeah it was good day thanks , shame yours wasn’t

Thought the support was good and we got behind the team
You’ve got a thread about how great the poisonous atmosphere was against Chelsea there were people up to all sorts that day but that’s ok because it was Chelsea
I didn’t see anything thrown or any aggro yesterday the vast majority of fans were brilliant you always going to get one or two in a crowd of 4000 but hey let’s knock the fans who turned up but not the team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Herberts. on 21:18 - Oct 24 with 2652 viewsMistication92

I'm totally anti-those powdered lads, but I have to say I love everyone standing at away games. Atmosphere's better IMO.
Herberts. on 21:25 - Oct 24 with 2600 viewsloftboy

Herberts. on 19:41 - Oct 24 by Hayesender

That was funny that was. "WHATS JESUS EVER DONE FOR ME, FECK ALL"

You must have been right next to me. Were you with the Suffolk lot?

Yep, it’s where I live now

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Herberts. on 23:43 - Oct 24 with 2357 viewsE17hoop

Herberts. on 21:09 - Oct 24 by paulparker

You’ve got a thread about how great the poisonous atmosphere was against Chelsea there were people up to all sorts that day but that’s ok because it was Chelsea
I didn’t see anything thrown or any aggro yesterday the vast majority of fans were brilliant you always going to get one or two in a crowd of 4000 but hey let’s knock the fans who turned up but not the team

One or two hundred maybe. It wasn't isolated individuals, it was groups of young lads who fancied a day out and sod the consequences. There were a few on our train, out of it before 2pm, and overheard one in the loo at Peterborough station saying how he didn't know how people did it every week.

There were guys carrying bottles of beer into the seats after half time and they're what were thrown around when we scored.

What chance that 9 year old will come back to an away game again? My eldest, when he was about the same age, had a similar experience at Plymouth away when he was almost crushed in the rush if men who should have known better to get a beer at half time. He never went to an away game again.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Herberts. on 23:52 - Oct 24 with 2334 viewsHunterhoop

There is a middle ground though, PP.

Standing
Boozing
Singing
Swearing

All part of football.

The toilets turning into to a smoke filled place for lads to stuff white powder up their noses and some numpties chucking bottles about when we score, injuring a kid…less so. Ditto for starting on your own.

No one wants to stop an atmosphere or a bit of needle towards the oppo. Christ I’ve been pissed off my face at games, and use language even when sober I’m not so proud of the next morning, but I’m really not a fan of coke at sports or gigs. It just turns people into absolute bellends, and when there’s family and kids around it’s just a bit sh*t. I think parents can accept their kids hearing all the words under the sun, but being hit by bottles from their own fans and seeing grown men starting on each other in their end?

I don’t think Clive is trying to kill atmospheres here.
Herberts. on 01:06 - Oct 25 with 2277 viewsBoston

Herberts. on 21:25 - Oct 24 by loftboy

Yep, it’s where I live now

Su ffolk you...is it?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 1:06]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Herberts. on 07:38 - Oct 25 with 2132 viewsnix

Herberts. on 23:52 - Oct 24 by Hunterhoop

Standing
Boozing
Singing
Swearing

All part of football.

The toilets turning into to a smoke filled place for lads to stuff white powder up their noses and some numpties chucking bottles about when we score, injuring a kid…less so. Ditto for starting on your own.

No one wants to stop an atmosphere or a bit of needle towards the oppo. Christ I’ve been pissed off my face at games, and use language even when sober I’m not so proud of the next morning, but I’m really not a fan of coke at sports or gigs. It just turns people into absolute bellends, and when there’s family and kids around it’s just a bit sh*t. I think parents can accept their kids hearing all the words under the sun, but being hit by bottles from their own fans and seeing grown men starting on each other in their end?

Totally this.

Swear all you like.
Singing, fantastic.
Standing, if you don't want to, book early and sit near the front.
Boozing, totally normal.

But deliberately jostling kids and older people, running on the pitch, and chucking things, is just out of line. Hope they do get banned.
Herberts. on 08:01 - Oct 25 with 2069 viewsNorthernr

I've just written 2000 words about how the team was crap.
Herberts. on 08:20 - Oct 25 with 2023 viewsNorthernr

Herberts. on 23:52 - Oct 24 by Hunterhoop

Standing
Boozing
Singing
Swearing

All part of football.

Exactly that. I'm absolutely loving the atmosphere at our away games atm. A lot of this is just what's your idea of a good time vs mine or somebody else's, though I do think it selfish to turn the bogs into a coke and smoking shop at half time so nobody can get in and when you do it's absolutely full is smoke. But some of the other stuff, particularly the launching of full bottles and cans into the air in 'celebration' isn't on. Some poor old woman got smashed in the head with a can at Fulham last week and now this kid at peterborough. it's not right, somebody's going to get badly hurt.
Herberts. on 08:49 - Oct 25 with 1937 viewspaulparker

Herberts. on 08:20 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Exactly that. I'm absolutely loving the atmosphere at our away games atm. A lot of this is just what's your idea of a good time vs mine or somebody else's, though I do think it selfish to turn the bogs into a coke and smoking shop at half time so nobody can get in and when you do it's absolutely full is smoke. But some of the other stuff, particularly the launching of full bottles and cans into the air in 'celebration' isn't on. Some poor old woman got smashed in the head with a can at Fulham last week and now this kid at peterborough. it's not right, somebody's going to get badly hurt.

Where did I say that doing a load of gear and throwing bottles was my idea of a good time ?
You had a bad day I didn’t
My post was the same as a few others I.e I didn’t see any bottle throwing , coke sniffing nor did I see fans squaring up to each other
A few have come on here and said the same as me
Perhaps it’s the journalist in you that you feel the new need to miss quote

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Herberts. on 08:53 - Oct 25 with 1930 viewsNortholt_Rs

Herberts. on 08:49 - Oct 25 by paulparker

Where did I say that doing a load of gear and throwing bottles was my idea of a good time ?
You had a bad day I didn’t
My post was the same as a few others I.e I didn’t see any bottle throwing , coke sniffing nor did I see fans squaring up to each other
A few have come on here and said the same as me
Perhaps it’s the journalist in you that you feel the new need to miss quote

He is 100% right about one thing though - the team was crap!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Herberts. on 09:06 - Oct 25 with 1901 viewsrobith

Not pinning this on youngsters (just tangentially related to the topic), but the away ends at the beginning of the season were really great, but as results and expectations have built, there seems to be a lot of melts coming out of the woodwork making it pretty unpleasant.

On the flipside, I wasn't there on Saturday so I dunno how I'd react to such a defeat, but there were tons of twitter accounts of either young blokes or people just with QPR player avis saying Warburton should be sacked and I was just like ".......What?"
Herberts. on 09:12 - Oct 25 with 1874 viewsthemodfather

i saw no trouble myself, was in pboro town centre for beers, walked to game, passed charters about 230pm saw nothing there, no carnage , all seemed good, some boro fans were chatty , in the ground i saw one fella with a beer bottle in stand, steward moved him away but he was back in 2nd half , walked back to station and saw no trouble. as for a kid hit by a bottle in our end, not good at all. effing shameful and i hope he is ok.
Herberts. on 09:13 - Oct 25 with 1871 viewsNorthernr

Herberts. on 08:53 - Oct 25 by Northolt_Rs

He is 100% right about one thing though - the team was crap!

Well I think we can all agree on that one!
Herberts. on 09:24 - Oct 25 with 1836 viewsrobith

Standing is the best bit of away games for me personally, but I do find it weird the club don't try to "group" fans with differing ideas of what's a good day out, like if you needed to sit down, wouldn't be much fun to be plonked in the middle of it
Herberts. on 09:25 - Oct 25 with 1828 viewsWirralHoop

The game was crap, the journey was crap and a tiny minority of our supporters were crap.

I had a couple of the 2 rows behind me they were frankly an embarrassment to us all.
One of the pints thrown came from directly behind me. I would have preferred not to get beer down the back of my neck as it was launched into our own supporters.

I happily stand, though prefer to sit, but the people I sit with both have medical reasons why it's hard for them to stand up.

Feels like it's not just our support though, feels like everyone is angry at the moment or perhaps I am just getting old.
Herberts. on 09:41 - Oct 25 with 1776 viewsdaveB

I do agree with Hunter, I like a drink at football and have done plenty I'm not proud of but the new trend of drug taking and throwing things when we score needs to stop.

We got a beer shower from some bloke when the first goal went in, bottles thrown up in the air, all seems to be the fashion these days after the Euros in the summer.

I also didn't like the captain Jack song being changed, big group of young blokes singing stab him in the chest instead of kick him in the head, heard it at the game as well, not sure thats something we need to be singing about especially when you consider the name of our stadium and why it's called that.
Herberts. on 09:47 - Oct 25 with 1766 viewsozranger

Herberts. on 09:25 - Oct 25 by WirralHoop

The game was crap, the journey was crap and a tiny minority of our supporters were crap.

I had a couple of the 2 rows behind me they were frankly an embarrassment to us all.
One of the pints thrown came from directly behind me. I would have preferred not to get beer down the back of my neck as it was launched into our own supporters.

I happily stand, though prefer to sit, but the people I sit with both have medical reasons why it's hard for them to stand up.

Feels like it's not just our support though, feels like everyone is angry at the moment or perhaps I am just getting old.

This is an interesting question for the club. When selling away tickets, can the club organise for a section to be sitting only? Obviously only a small number in the front or to the side. Sounds strange to say that as the predominant number of away supporters will stand but as you said there are some that have medical problems and if they are in the middle of the stand with everyone standing in front of them, there is no way they can enjoy the game as much as the others. Has this been brought up before?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024