Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Their support 16:36 - Nov 7 with 9748 viewsozranger

This was perhaps the best atmosphere created by home support, especially the north stand, that I have seen throughout England. We did our best, but they were relentless. Imagine if we could generate a whole end to do that as well. Mind you, the southern end were no slouches as well. I have only seen it like this in a few other places but not this side of the world.

Hope all who took in the sights of Blackpool got back ok.
Their support on 16:38 - Nov 7 with 8995 viewsT_Block

Yes great home support-but we are southern
Their support on 16:46 - Nov 7 with 8945 viewsstowmarketrange

They certainly did make a lot of noise last night,and fair play to them for it.Still home for another couple of hours yet.The downside of cheap train tickets I guess.
Their support on 16:50 - Nov 7 with 8936 viewsFrankRightguard

Have seen a lot of praise for their support yesterday. Was wondering what it was like before the Oyston boycott. Has them staying away for so long in protest now perhaps creating this enhanced atmosphere?
Their support on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 8868 viewsMick_S

Fantastic support last night by the Blackpool fans. Hats off and well done.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Their support on 17:06 - Nov 7 with 8774 viewsenfieldargh

Their support on 16:58 - Nov 7 by Mick_S

Fantastic support last night by the Blackpool fans. Hats off and well done.

Cant think why anybody living in the area would want to go anywhere else to watch football unless they are Fleetwood/Morcombe fans.

Good luck to them, good young team, & manager who knows how to develop them.

Coventry very similar team

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Their support on 17:20 - Nov 7 with 8581 viewsmikeygunn

My favourite bit was when a lighter got thrown from the home end and went in between me and my girlfriends head.
Their support on 17:42 - Nov 7 with 8301 viewsMick_S

Their support on 17:20 - Nov 7 by mikeygunn

My favourite bit was when a lighter got thrown from the home end and went in between me and my girlfriends head.

Not good.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Their support on 18:02 - Nov 7 with 8026 viewsRangersw12

Thought they were pretty quiet until they scored tbh

We easily outsang them first half but credit where credits due they did make noise in the 2nd half

Saw the little mug who threw the lighter
Login to get fewer ads

Their support on 18:13 - Nov 7 with 7929 viewsStanisgod

Did you have a cigarette in your mouth 😏😏

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Their support on 18:21 - Nov 7 with 7849 viewsozranger

Their support on 18:02 - Nov 7 by Rangersw12

We easily outsang them first half but credit where credits due they did make noise in the 2nd half

I guess it really depends on where you were standing. If you were more towards the half-way line it was hard not to hear them and us. If you were more towards the southern end then our singing may have made you think they weren't doing much. I can tell you that the northern stand was rocking. As I stated last night, if you lived in this place then you'd want to be singing and jumping up and down just to stay warm.

Interesting also that the tribunes for the press, including Nick and Andy doing the live coverage were right next to us on the half-way line.
Their support on 19:18 - Nov 7 with 7266 viewsHAMRanger

I have to say that their support sounded great on Sky, especially for 11k attendance. Watched a bit of the Arsenal game today... might as well had the game on mute!
Their support on 21:41 - Nov 7 with 6423 viewsBoston

Their support on 18:02 - Nov 7 by Rangersw12

Agree. I listened yesterday and Rangers made far the bigger sound in the first half.

Is 'John Bonham' still banging the drum for them when they do the seaside chant?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Their support on 21:46 - Nov 7 with 6396 viewsstowmarketrange

Their support on 21:41 - Nov 7 by Boston

Agree. I listened yesterday and Rangers made far the bigger sound in the first half.

Is 'John Bonham' still banging the drum for them when they do the seaside chant?

I think most of us could see another Peterborough happening last night and the support in the 2nd half reflected those thoughts.
Their support on 21:49 - Nov 7 with 6362 viewsozranger

Their support on 21:41 - Nov 7 by Boston

Yes. Going most of the night.
Their support on 21:53 - Nov 7 with 6331 viewsLongsufferingR

Admirable support but it wasn't half getting on my nerves towards the end!
Their support on 00:23 - Nov 8 with 5695 viewsFredManRave

Their support on 17:42 - Nov 7 by Mick_S

Not good.

You mean you wanted it to hit them?!

Bu in all seriousness, I mentioned in another chat how impressive their support was especially after the goal, obviously but not what you'd maybe expect from Blackpool. It's what football is about, supporting your team, noisily.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Their support on 07:50 - Nov 8 with 5278 viewsLancashirehoop

Their support on 17:06 - Nov 7 by enfieldargh

Cant think why anybody living in the area would want to go anywhere else to watch football unless they are Fleetwood/Morcombe fans.

Good luck to them, good young team, & manager who knows how to develop them.

Coventry very similar team

I live 4 miles from Bloomfield Rd! Born Manchester grew up in Fleetwood/Blackpool. Started my glory hunt support of QPR in 1967!
I also know a guy Fleetwood born and bred who is a life long R's supporter.
Quite happy to go into work this morning and field the 'we woz robbed' banter :-)

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Their support on 09:19 - Nov 8 with 5027 viewsstowmarketrange

Their support on 07:50 - Nov 8 by Lancashirehoop

I live 4 miles from Bloomfield Rd! Born Manchester grew up in Fleetwood/Blackpool. Started my glory hunt support of QPR in 1967!
I also know a guy Fleetwood born and bred who is a life long R's supporter.
Quite happy to go into work this morning and field the 'we woz robbed' banter :-)

I didn’t realise that Fleetwood played at home in the fa cup on Saturday until about 2.45 pm.It might’ve been good to go and watch that game 1st,but the way the heavens opened about 5pm,it would’ve meant a change of clothing I reckon.
Their support on 10:35 - Nov 8 with 4658 viewsfrancisbowles

Their support on 09:19 - Nov 8 by stowmarketrange

I didn’t realise that Fleetwood played at home in the fa cup on Saturday until about 2.45 pm.It might’ve been good to go and watch that game 1st,but the way the heavens opened about 5pm,it would’ve meant a change of clothing I reckon.

'you could ov got tram down bloomfield road'
Their support on 11:08 - Nov 8 with 4514 viewsstowmarketrange

Their support on 10:35 - Nov 8 by francisbowles

'you could ov got tram down bloomfield road'

If I’d seen that they were playing earlier in the day I probably would’ve done,but I thought 2.45 was a bit late to go there.
Their support on 11:44 - Nov 8 with 4389 viewsParkRoyalR

The other standouts were the mature, well dressed gentleman who set the big flag off on its way across the stand to our seat, and then walked down the gangway and across the front following it, whilst giving us the big gentleman's wave the whole way. Not a word said.

Although the Stewards eventually intervened at the start of the 2nd Half and told Blackpool's equivalent of Ali G's crew to stop making knifing gestures and to sit down before there Mum's got a phone call.

Policing and Stewarding in and outside grounds is getting beyond a joke.
Their support on 12:15 - Nov 8 with 4271 viewsdaveB

I finally got back last night, my trainers are still soaked

Their support was superb. never shut up all game and made it a difficult night for us. To come away from that atmosphere and those conditions with a point was a good effort
Their support on 14:18 - Nov 8 with 3852 viewsthemodfather

their cup final?
Their support on 14:43 - Nov 8 with 3776 viewskomradkirk

also impressed by the home support.

Their support on 14:46 - Nov 8 with 3749 viewsdaveB

Their support on 14:18 - Nov 8 by themodfather

their cup final?

I doubt it, few Blackpool fans I spoke to were saying atmosphere been great since the takeover and they absolutely love the manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024