Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The F uck sky Luton match thread! 15:56 - Nov 19 with 16492 viewsconnell10

As I can't get to football on Fridays I'm royally pissed off!! Rangers 2 -1....hopefully! Oh and F uck Sky ...!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 21:52 - Nov 19 with 2516 viewsStreathamRanger

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 21:46 - Nov 19 by distortR

their finishing was woeful, but they had to hurry their shots as our committed players were throwing themselves at everything. barbet was immense.
A win, Wallace, Field, Amos all featured. A goal for Charlie. I won't be a miserable git all weekend.
Chin chin!

True, Barbet in particular made some outstanding blocks and Seny kept his focus throughout.
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 21:53 - Nov 19 with 2489 viewsderbyhoop

Important clean sheet. Grateful that Luton's finishing was so poor.

Good performances from Barbet, Dunne, Wallace, JoJo, Willock and Chair.

Predicted the scoreline, just got the scorers the wrong way round.

Only downside, Dickie's yellow card. Suspended next game.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 21:55]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 21:56 - Nov 19 with 2426 viewsflynnbo

Stuck in human traffic in Loftus Rd having experienced the same in SAR.
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 21:57 - Nov 19 with 2369 viewsstainrods_elbow

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 21:39 - Nov 19 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
This was a much improved performance.
The return of Wallace made a massive difference.
The balance was so much better.
It's still to hit the heights of the second half of last season but it was against a very good Luton team.
This was a big confidence-booster especially for Charlie with that vital second half goal after Willock had put us in front at HT from a breakaway.
But thank goodness Luton didn't have their shooting boots on.
Our defence is still worrying but it is definitely getting better especially when catching out the opposition for offside.
Chair with Willock and also Dozzell along with an improving performance from Jojo were all good.
And remember Chair only got back on Wednesday having been on international duty for Morocco. He is so good to watch - great balance and speed.
Is it 29 successive matches that we have scored in the Championship?
Fifth place we would have all accepted at this time of the season.
So a good start to the weekend.
Looking forward to another win at home to Huddersfield next Wednesday.

I confess I only got to see the 2nd half, but can't agree with much of this. I thought it was a poor game, or half anyway. As their mediocre position suggests, Luton are no great shakes but still should have scored at least one or two and may well feel disappointed not to have won let alone drawn the game - had they shown a modicum of composure from excellent positions, they would have done. Apart from Charlie's header, we created next to nothing, there was a concerning lack of cohesion in midfield, and the number of cynical fouls by both sides was ridiculous - which always depresses me, as it shows us what pro footballers really think of us fans. There was one absolutely farcical sequence in/around our box, featuring a 360 degree spin through the air by one of theirs, Johansen toe-poking the ball back to them, and the ball running into touch from another overhit non-shot/non-cross at the end of it that reminded me of that crazy bit of chaos vs Man City that's up on YouTube.

Was the pitch incredibly hard? It looked to me like we were playing on our old Omniturf muich of the time, with the bounce and the ball running away down channels.

I'll take the 2-0 of course, we're up to 5th, and the returns of Field and Wallace were good to see, but for me there was a real lack of quality out there, and we'll have our work cut out if we're to stay in the top 6.

Sorry to piss on anyone's chips, but I speak as I find.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 22:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:00 - Nov 19 with 2289 viewsMalintabuk

A lot easier than I thought it would be
Luton are pretty much punching above their weight and apart from their left wing back they are pretty pedestrian
Though MOTM was Barbet had a really good game
Pity not all games are as stress free as that.
So Chaz made my half time comment about him look pretty stupid, but will be more than happy for him to.play like that and score every game
Real plus Wallace fantastic he managed the whole game, testament to his fitness.
And good to see Field have a few mins
Job well done
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:01 - Nov 19 with 2283 viewsdistortR

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 21:57 - Nov 19 by stainrods_elbow

I confess I only got to see the 2nd half, but can't agree with much of this. I thought it was a poor game, or half anyway. As their mediocre position suggests, Luton are no great shakes but still should have scored at least one or two and may well feel disappointed not to have won let alone drawn the game - had they shown a modicum of composure from excellent positions, they would have done. Apart from Charlie's header, we created next to nothing, there was a concerning lack of cohesion in midfield, and the number of cynical fouls by both sides was ridiculous - which always depresses me, as it shows us what pro footballers really think of us fans. There was one absolutely farcical sequence in/around our box, featuring a 360 degree spin through the air by one of theirs, Johansen toe-poking the ball back to them, and the ball running into touch from another overhit non-shot/non-cross at the end of it that reminded me of that crazy bit of chaos vs Man City that's up on YouTube.

Was the pitch incredibly hard? It looked to me like we were playing on our old Omniturf muich of the time, with the bounce and the ball running away down channels.

I'll take the 2-0 of course, we're up to 5th, and the returns of Field and Wallace were good to see, but for me there was a real lack of quality out there, and we'll have our work cut out if we're to stay in the top 6.

you find a 2-0 win, players coming back from injury, and us in the top 6.
Not always cohesive, but we put our all into that - we're a tough team these days.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 22:05]
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:08 - Nov 19 with 2163 viewsloftboy

Thought we played well, Luton pressed hard and we pretty much cooed with everything they threw at us. Barbet was every bit MoM as much as Willock.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:14 - Nov 19 with 2107 viewsBrazilNutR

I quite enjoyed that... Friday evening, black friday beer promotion, so had fridge well stocked with quality beer, and a win with a couple of good goals, and not overly stressfull in terms of thinking we might lose it. Thought Wallace was excellent, amazed how he gets up the pitch so often. Defence look good in general. Austin looks limited, but still scored a good goal..so can't complain much, and to win a game and score when we had no strikers on the bench was good. Great to see Field get on the pitch as well.
Uncle didn't quite get his crosses right tonight, but hopefully saving them for when we need them, did fine defending.
Login to get fewer ads

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:16 - Nov 19 with 2082 viewsGreenbay

Stainrods - it's good that we all have different opinions otherwise this thread would be boring.
You mention mediocre opposition.
Well if Luton had won they would have been in the top 6 instead of us!!
So they can't be that mediocre.
I did mention (you may have missed) that Luton didn't have their shooting boots on.
So it boils down to that we took both our chances and they took none.
Isn't that what it's all about?
Regarding quality don't you think that Chair and Willock have quality?
Barbet and Wallace on his return from injury were outstanding.
If we are fifth and as you say lack quality - then we are surely in a very good position.
Two years ago we finished 19th, then Warbs comes in and we finish 13th and then last May we finish 9th. Now we're 5th.
Don't you think just by statistics everything is improving?
At the end of the day we're all on the same side - just different approaches and different view points.
Still you have to agree that it's a great start to the weekend?
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:26 - Nov 19 with 1976 viewsMyke

Not sure how anyone could say we played well as a team. Luton dominated the game from start to finish - we created two chances and took them expertly although their keeper should have done better for both. They created umpteen chances and didn't take any of them. At one point in the first half the stats showed they had 11 touches in our box and we had one in theirs.
We had some excellent individual performances: Seny looked calm and assured. Wallace was immense and lasted the whole game (makes the 'scientific' decision to remove McCallum after an hour v Fulham even more ludicrous) Barbet a good shout for MoM. In midfield Dozzell was good first half got sloppier as the game went on. Johansen went the other way, improved as the game went on, made one sensational run back to cut out a Luton breakaway. Chair and Willock different class and Charlie deserved his goal for looking leaner and fitter and more involved generally.
So lots of individually good performances but very poor collectively - so many miss-placed passes putting us under unnecessary pressure. Take the win. Take the clean sheet. Take 5th with both hands. As Clive said a couple of weeks ago, it's all about keeping in touch and we are doing that and then some - but man it plays havoc with the blood pressure!
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:37 - Nov 19 with 1865 viewsdistortR

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:26 - Nov 19 by Myke

Not sure how anyone could say we played well as a team. Luton dominated the game from start to finish - we created two chances and took them expertly although their keeper should have done better for both. They created umpteen chances and didn't take any of them. At one point in the first half the stats showed they had 11 touches in our box and we had one in theirs.
We had some excellent individual performances: Seny looked calm and assured. Wallace was immense and lasted the whole game (makes the 'scientific' decision to remove McCallum after an hour v Fulham even more ludicrous) Barbet a good shout for MoM. In midfield Dozzell was good first half got sloppier as the game went on. Johansen went the other way, improved as the game went on, made one sensational run back to cut out a Luton breakaway. Chair and Willock different class and Charlie deserved his goal for looking leaner and fitter and more involved generally.
So lots of individually good performances but very poor collectively - so many miss-placed passes putting us under unnecessary pressure. Take the win. Take the clean sheet. Take 5th with both hands. As Clive said a couple of weeks ago, it's all about keeping in touch and we are doing that and then some - but man it plays havoc with the blood pressure!

I would counter your opening line by saying we really are a team - they fight for each other, cover each other, back each other up.
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:39 - Nov 19 with 1842 viewsAntti_Heinola

The only chips you’re p1ssing on are your own. The rest of us are having a lovely time enjoying a C win and a clean sheet and a fun game.

Bare bones.

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:43 - Nov 19 with 1795 viewsAntti_Heinola

‘Dominated from start to finish’?
Honestly have no idea what you were watching.
Most of their chances were shots from outside the box, none even remotely troubled Seny. Most relaxing game of the season so far.
When you’re winning 2-0, you don’t need to create a hatful of chances. Thought we managed the game and closed it out with ease.

Bare bones.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:47 - Nov 19 with 1750 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:49 - Nov 19 with 1739 viewsManinBlack

Great win and a clean sheet, a very rare thing when we are live. We played a good team who could be considered as play off rivals. Hopefully the more flowing football will return in time.
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:59 - Nov 19 with 1617 viewsLowerloftLad

Luton looked good going forward at times but absolutely woeful at the back.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:02 - Nov 19 with 1590 viewsGreenbay

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:43 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

Most of their chances were shots from outside the box, none even remotely troubled Seny. Most relaxing game of the season so far.
When you’re winning 2-0, you don’t need to create a hatful of chances. Thought we managed the game and closed it out with ease.

Antti - both your posts are excellent and spot on.
I think it all boils down to being positive - especially after a very useful win - and not being negative.
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:14 - Nov 19 with 1482 viewsstainrods_elbow

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:39 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

The only chips you’re p1ssing on are your own. The rest of us are having a lovely time enjoying a C win and a clean sheet and a fun game.

I speak as an individual, not to adjust myself to some kind of fan groupthink. Try celebrating and feeling glad about the pleasures of diversity, rather than feeling a need to snipe at difference. I said I'm glad we got the win and are up to 5th, but it doesn't change the fact that I think we were quite fortunate on the night that Luton were so inept in attack, and it could easily have gone the other way.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 23:16]

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:28 - Nov 19 with 1414 viewsBoston

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:47 - Nov 19 by Boston

Rangers this evening, Patriot's last night, great start to the weekend!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:33 - Nov 19 with 1388 viewsAntti_Heinola

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:14 - Nov 19 by stainrods_elbow

I speak as an individual, not to adjust myself to some kind of fan groupthink. Try celebrating and feeling glad about the pleasures of diversity, rather than feeling a need to snipe at difference. I said I'm glad we got the win and are up to 5th, but it doesn't change the fact that I think we were quite fortunate on the night that Luton were so inept in attack, and it could easily have gone the other way.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 23:16]

don't get me wrong, I'm delighted you're so happy/not happy. You were the one talking about p!ssing on people's chips!

Bare bones.

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:39 - Nov 19 with 1344 viewsMrSheen

Great to read this. Missed the game, in Edinburgh visiting my youngest, Master Sheen said he’d never seen so many police at a game. Pleased for Dozzell, Barbet and Wallace in particular. Sluga always looks a liability, perhaps they can’t dump him as he was their record signing?
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:45 - Nov 19 with 1305 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought we were pretty comfortable winners tonight, we took our chances, Luton didn't.
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:46 - Nov 19 with 1287 viewsstainrods_elbow

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:33 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

don't get me wrong, I'm delighted you're so happy/not happy. You were the one talking about p!ssing on people's chips!

Perhaps one day (not now, nor any time soon) you'll explain to me the difference between pissing on one's own chips and those of others. It's an existential differential that's lost on me!

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:48 - Nov 19 with 1272 viewsMyke

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:37 - Nov 19 by distortR

I would counter your opening line by saying we really are a team - they fight for each other, cover each other, back each other up.

Yes you are right in the sense of 'team; meaning all in it together, absolutely. I meant that despite many very good (or excellent) individual performances, collectively we lacked cohesion and allowed Luton to dominate the game, often by given away possession cheaply.
Don't get me wrong, delighted with the win, but, despite being 2 goals up, I don't think I started to relax until the 88th minute and my heart gave another little lurch when 4 minutes were added on. Part of the problem might have been that I had to pick up my son from work at 10, so watched it cold sober!!
The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 23:57 - Nov 19 with 1217 viewsMyke

The F uck sky Luton match thread! on 22:43 - Nov 19 by Antti_Heinola

Look at the stats Antti. They played every bit as well as Blackpool, we helped by regularly giving them back the ball. Yes, they took several wild shots from the edge of the box, but that was down to bad decision making, my point being they spent a hell of a lot of time around the edge of our area. As I said in another post, I watched it sober as I had to drive straight afterwards, so that may have contributed to my lack of 'relaxation', but wouldn't have liked to have taken my blood pressure any time between 7.45 and 9.45
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024