Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne 21:42 - Nov 20 with 15578 viewsLowerloftLad

I don't want to come back to QPR and be third or fourth choice,last season I used to sit around eating Jaffa cakes and getting fat, He may support Ipswich but I think his comment's show me about his attitude.

Get him sold to Ipswich or anyone else in league one who fancy spending 3mill.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 21:43]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bonne on 11:43 - Nov 21 with 2137 viewsWatfordR

Bonne on 11:33 - Nov 21 by Northernr

I'd be more concerned if he was one of those footballers that doesn't care whether they play football or not - SWP, Luke Young etc

I think there's a big difference in footballers who've had years of significant salary payments, and someone like Bonne who's had more modest income from the game. I understand that playing regularly is key to getting an improved contract next time round, it isn't right or respectful to his current employers to make the sort of comments he has, in my opinion.
Bonne on 12:02 - Nov 21 with 2091 viewsPhildo

Lad has also had some personal tragedy so may have said to himself right I am going for this - life is short

Don’t see a problem really
Bonne on 12:18 - Nov 21 with 2056 viewsMyke

Bonne on 12:02 - Nov 21 by Phildo

Lad has also had some personal tragedy so may have said to himself right I am going for this - life is short

Don’t see a problem really

This thread is hilarious and a perfect example of the over-intrusiveness of social media in our lives. Players sat on their collective arses for donkeys before the invention of the internet and ate a lot less healthy food than jaffa cakes - likely crisps of bacon butties - and nobody knew (or cared). Nowadays, when somebody tweets or whatever, not only do we have to analyse every word, but every NUANCE of every word ,to see if we can discern some hidden meaning or interpretation of what is being said.
Just because we have access to what footballers (or anyone else for that matter) are saying, doesn't mean we know them or can second guess what they are saying - like I said, hilarious
Bonne on 12:28 - Nov 21 with 2044 viewsPhildo

Bonne on 12:18 - Nov 21 by Myke

This thread is hilarious and a perfect example of the over-intrusiveness of social media in our lives. Players sat on their collective arses for donkeys before the invention of the internet and ate a lot less healthy food than jaffa cakes - likely crisps of bacon butties - and nobody knew (or cared). Nowadays, when somebody tweets or whatever, not only do we have to analyse every word, but every NUANCE of every word ,to see if we can discern some hidden meaning or interpretation of what is being said.
Just because we have access to what footballers (or anyone else for that matter) are saying, doesn't mean we know them or can second guess what they are saying - like I said, hilarious

I think football fans have always tempered their opinions based on scraps of off field information- if anything I think people are often quite restrained when they have a bit of private information- at least on here
Bonne on 12:51 - Nov 21 with 1998 viewsHamptonR

I take it as a compliment that he thinks coming back in January would mean being on the bench, which in all likelihood it would be, at least he would start there, if we were injury free.
Let him work on his game and scoring for Ipswich, which I think loan moves are predominately for, we stay injury free and keep scoring goals, he may stay at Ipswich longer, even permanently, or come back firing on all cylinders.

There is no hand biting or coating QPR off
Bonne on 12:57 - Nov 21 with 1934 viewsRussian__Bot

Bonne on 11:33 - Nov 21 by Northernr

I'd be more concerned if he was one of those footballers that doesn't care whether they play football or not - SWP, Luke Young etc

Very strange logic that. I’ll have to remember that next time the missus has a moan at me about something. I’ll just tell her she can’t be annoyed because I Can name other things that are worse

It sets a bad precedent if we tolerate players being so open about wanting to be somewhere else. Especially when we're likely to have clubs chancing bids for the likes of Dickie, Chair and Willock.

Bonne should shut up and keep it to himself and show some respect for us, the club he willingly signed a nice new contract with last year. Unless his value is met then he needs to stay quiet and act professionally
Bonne on 12:57 - Nov 21 with 1981 viewskensalriser

Well this was fun.

Any suggestions for tomorrow's Two Minutes Hate?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bonne on 13:32 - Nov 21 with 1937 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bonne on 12:57 - Nov 21 by kensalriser

Well this was fun.

Any suggestions for tomorrow's Two Minutes Hate?

Uncle Albert missed the target with a few of his passes on Friday? Should be enough for a good scapegoating.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne on 14:18 - Nov 21 with 1881 viewsdanehoop

See nothing wrong in that article to be honest, really struggling to see why anyone would. Takes a specially thin skinned person to do so.

In context that interview would have gone on for longer, had a lot more in it, but we see just the edited version that the local newspaper has put out, which unsurprisingly paints a narrative that is favourable to Bonne remaining at Ipswich. Nothing is disrespectful to QPR at all, indeed he is grateful that he has been given the chance to play at Ipswich over options.

He is playing really well for them, and his game and fitness has improved from the the game time he is getting. He is scoring goals and enjoying his football there and hopes that continues. No issues there. The point of a successful loan is exactly that. We know he has talent and potential, but he needed time and games to develop successfully to the next level. We couldn't really accommodate that development time and he was somewhat thrown in that deep end in a new team, with new tactics and ways of working. He tried hard but he wasnt quite on it and his confidence took a knock. Ipswich gave him a chance to drop down a level and play in a competitive team with a good style of football, it has worked out for him.

That we can have a discussion about one of our players who is currently 4th choice in the striker stakes being a potential asset to sell on, is in someway good news as he remains an asset and potentially in demand. We will get back what we paid? Probably not unless Ipswich get promoted, simply because the financial position of football clubs has completely changed since we bought him and prices have changed. If we get half of what we paid and remove him from the wage bill it will a decent outcome in the new environment that we are now operating in, although I can see that some on here will have trouble with that reality.

Never knowingly understood

Bonne on 14:34 - Nov 21 with 1841 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 09:47 - Nov 21 by mcqpr10

Belk, hoos and Les all have say in transfers too.

Signings like Kelly ball and Wallace were clearly warbs signings.

De wijs was scouted by belk based on stats and how dominant he was in the air.

Warbs admitted Charlie was a signing pushed by Fernandes.many involved in these signings today. Not like the Clough days when managers and chairman were the only ones with a say.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:50]

Of course, MW will not scout, stats etc, all the players that sign but I have no doubt that if MW did not want the player that has been recommended or of interest then that player would NOT be signed.
Bonne on 14:50 - Nov 21 with 1821 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 11:20 - Nov 21 by WatfordR

Because the business he is in is a competitive one. He can eat whatever he wants, but if he wants to succeed at his profession, then he's got to be busting a gut to do so, not whinging about not getting treatment he doesn't merit..

He can't possibly complain about not playing more often here, because he wasn't doing what he was bought and given a chance to do, score goals. I don't believe that Warbs could be accused of not giving players a chance, as long as he is happy that their attitude is right.

It's all very well scoring goals in League One but he hasn't done it with any degree of consistency in the Championship.

Had I been him, and if I was ambitious to succeed, I'd be saying things like "I've worked hard on my game, I think I'm a better player now than I was a year ago, and I'd welcome the chance to prove that at a higher level if given the opportunity".

If he wants to stay at Ipswich, as I said, get Ipswich to reimburse us for what we've spent on him, and negotiate a deal with them. The fact it probably won't match what he's currently on shouldn't matter as he's just wanting to play every week, should it?

Back in the real world, that's not going to happen, and what he's looking for is us, a club who were prepared to pay a lot of money for his services, to take a hit to accommodate him.

So, all in all, prick.

I do not believe that he is whinging at all....basically saying how he sees it.

Why cant he complain about not playing more often here??? Not sure he is complaining in any case, just saying that he wants to play the game and not sit on the bench and be 3/4th choice striker. Fair play to him. Nobody is accusing MW of not givng players a chance, certainly not Bonne.

We all know he has not scored in the Championship, hence why he has gone to Ipswich in a Division lower and it appears to be an excellent move for all involved.

Well, you are not Bonne, you do not know what has been said and done at QPR or Ipswich....the facts are that he was getting limited time here on the pitch and now he is getting game time and scoring.

It is not as easy as 'getting Ipswich to reimburse us'.......if they won't or not willing to do that then he comes back here and is unhappy at not getting game time. I doubt if he is talking transfer fees at all....that would be between the Clubs.

It is wrong to call him a 'prick', very wrong - he has done nothing wrong apart from saying that he is enjoying his time at Ipswich and did not enjoy his time here because he did not get enough game time. I say fair play to him.
Bonne on 14:51 - Nov 21 with 1815 viewsgazza1

Bonne on 11:43 - Nov 21 by WatfordR

I think there's a big difference in footballers who've had years of significant salary payments, and someone like Bonne who's had more modest income from the game. I understand that playing regularly is key to getting an improved contract next time round, it isn't right or respectful to his current employers to make the sort of comments he has, in my opinion.

What exact comments has he said that is disrespectful???
Bonne on 14:59 - Nov 21 with 1811 viewsRangersw12

He's found his level and good luck to him

Would should make a bit of profit on selling him aswell so win win all round
Bonne on 15:02 - Nov 21 with 1805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can't see anything wrong in this at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bonne on 15:16 - Nov 21 with 1785 viewsplasmahoop

Jaffa cakes taste good but don't fill you up. My grandmother used to say they are like feeding peas to an elephant, or they're only pills. One of the reasons I've always been on the tubbier side
Bonne on 16:44 - Nov 21 with 1693 viewsTGRRRSSS

If Ipswich make an acceptable offer he'll go.

Can they afford say £4m?

Will Grigg example for instance.

We are trying to make QPR sustainable and one of the biggest ways is developing and selling players for more, ok he's not going to be Eze (by the looks of it) but we sent him to Ipswich to benefit us as well as him, not sure he quite understands that.

I heard him on an interview about a month or so ago, and you got the impression he felt he was owed more from QPR.

OK if things didnt work out with us fine, but as said elsewhere if he does his ligaments next game, he still expects QPR to pay him as per his contract - won't be Ipswich, whatever he thinks he is a QPR player.

Be interesting to see if we recall him in January actually.

You never know if he did well at QPR from there it could transform his life alot more and more quickly than going back down a level, where often I think you don't really often get the chance again as clubs higher up do consider the previous time at the higher level etc.
Bonne on 23:04 - Nov 21 with 1544 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bonne on 16:44 - Nov 21 by TGRRRSSS

If Ipswich make an acceptable offer he'll go.

Can they afford say £4m?

Will Grigg example for instance.

We are trying to make QPR sustainable and one of the biggest ways is developing and selling players for more, ok he's not going to be Eze (by the looks of it) but we sent him to Ipswich to benefit us as well as him, not sure he quite understands that.

I heard him on an interview about a month or so ago, and you got the impression he felt he was owed more from QPR.

OK if things didnt work out with us fine, but as said elsewhere if he does his ligaments next game, he still expects QPR to pay him as per his contract - won't be Ipswich, whatever he thinks he is a QPR player.

Be interesting to see if we recall him in January actually.

You never know if he did well at QPR from there it could transform his life alot more and more quickly than going back down a level, where often I think you don't really often get the chance again as clubs higher up do consider the previous time at the higher level etc.

I predict not a huge fee but lots of add ons, if it happens at all.
Bonne on 23:32 - Nov 21 with 1532 viewsdaveB

He perhaps need a bit more self awareness as to why he was 3rd/4th choice. Maybe if he hadn't been putting on weight eating jaffa cakes he wouldn't have been so low down the pecking order. There was clearly a reason why Warburton stuck with Dykes so often and didn't very often turn to Bonne. When he did get his chance he was generally pretty rubbish and missed tons of chances
Bonne on 07:30 - Nov 22 with 1436 viewsPunteR

Bonne on 23:32 - Nov 21 by daveB

He perhaps need a bit more self awareness as to why he was 3rd/4th choice. Maybe if he hadn't been putting on weight eating jaffa cakes he wouldn't have been so low down the pecking order. There was clearly a reason why Warburton stuck with Dykes so often and didn't very often turn to Bonne. When he did get his chance he was generally pretty rubbish and missed tons of chances

Totally agree with this.
He's a professional, and his public statements should be worded slightly better and more thought going to his employers. I'm assuming he's earning a decent wedge for his abilities. Should be wanting to fight for his place or is that sort of attitude pie in the sky type stuff that us football fans want from our players?.
He was pretty pants when he did get his chance though so maybe L1 is his level and he knows it. Will he take a pay cut to play down there?
Nothing wrong with Jaffa cakes though. It's an energy biscuit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bonne on 07:50 - Nov 22 with 1426 viewsRs_Holy

He supports Ipswich so it would be a dream move for him.... But his stock has certainly risen since his loan move there and they will definitely want him so I think £3M is a minimum we should expect.
Bonne on 08:28 - Nov 22 with 1387 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bonne on 23:32 - Nov 21 by daveB

I kept stats on the three strikers last season and Bonne's finishing once he did get a shot off was (surprisingly) actually closely comparable to Austin's or Dykes. Where Austin was better, and now Dykes is as well was getting more shots away - better positioning, anticipation, maybe a touch of greed.

Plus - though I didn't keep stats on it - the offside thing didn't help Bonne.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bonne on 08:30 - Nov 22 with 1377 viewsderbyhoop

I don't blame him for saying he doesn't want to come back as 3rd/4th choice striker. Scoring g goals in L1 and his age he has to aim to be 1st/2nd choice at least.

Is he good enough to do that? MW and his team will have a better handle than any of us. If he can't step up, we sell fir the best fee we can obtain.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bonne on 08:41 - Nov 22 with 1355 viewsEsox_Lucius

People seem to be fixating on Jaffa Cakes and not his message that he wants to play games and score goals rather than sit on a bench. IMO his comment shows exactly the right attitude for our current team.

The grass is always greener.

Bonne on 09:03 - Nov 22 with 1326 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bonne on 08:28 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I kept stats on the three strikers last season and Bonne's finishing once he did get a shot off was (surprisingly) actually closely comparable to Austin's or Dykes. Where Austin was better, and now Dykes is as well was getting more shots away - better positioning, anticipation, maybe a touch of greed.

He always struck me as a bit desperate Brian.

His timing wasn’t great either. Felt like he was getting playing time during our dry period creatively.
Bonne on 09:50 - Nov 22 with 1247 viewsdaveB

Bonne on 08:28 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Always looked like there was a player there, he missed a lot of chances but was always getting into positions. There must have been something Warburton didn't like in training as he rarely turned to him second half of the season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024