Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Form! 20:24 - Jan 2 with 3517 viewssilky

It's utterly fantastic isn't it!

I still remember vividly a certain someone treating every away game as a bonus game!

Just away form alone we are 3rd in the table.

Good times, people, good times!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Away Form! on 20:27 - Jan 2 with 3479 viewsRangersw12

Away Form! on 20:30 - Jan 2 with 3455 viewssilky

Away Form! on 20:27 - Jan 2 by Rangersw12

Absolutely remarkable, we do seem like a team thats almost better away from home under this style.

That's a staggering stat.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Away Form! on 20:31 - Jan 2 with 3438 viewsDorse

For me, this has been the single biggest improvement in the team over the last 3 years. Considering how gun-shy we were away from home, the last 12 months have been amazing.

Lovely.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Away Form! on 20:38 - Jan 2 with 3380 viewsMyke

Away Form! on 20:30 - Jan 2 by silky

Absolutely remarkable, we do seem like a team thats almost better away from home under this style.

That's a staggering stat.

Staggering is right, although tbf I think Eustace and Ramsey have played their part too. We probably operate better as the away team (although our home form bar the last two games is good also) as we are very good at catching teams on the break. Not with lighting speed, which we don't possess, but with very quick accurate passing and players like Willock and Chair that can bring even a difficult pass under close control. At home, when we have more possession, teams tend to close us down faster, which can make it more difficult to create chances. We are certainly not 'sh1t' on the road anymore.
Away Form! on 20:43 - Jan 2 with 3348 viewsozranger

It is also possibly one reason why we are getting such great numbers to away games. Strangely, just prior to the lock down we were struggling to get anything close to what we have now, lest to say some of the games were 250 at Swansea on a Tuesday night and 290 at Blackburn also on a Tuesday. Still, if those same fixtures came up again in the coming months, I'd say we'd come close to filling the away allocation. Good results generate good crowds.
Away Form! on 01:52 - Jan 3 with 3070 viewsW7Ranger

A nice bit of trivia for ya...

How many times did we fail to score away from home in the league in the whole of 2021?

No cheating!
Away Form! on 11:26 - Jan 3 with 2596 viewsloftus77

Away Form! on 01:52 - Jan 3 by W7Ranger

A nice bit of trivia for ya...

How many times did we fail to score away from home in the league in the whole of 2021?

No cheating!

Haven't looked - is it a big fat zero? Or was there a 0-0 at Deepdale or somewhere???
Away Form! on 11:33 - Jan 3 with 2564 views00calben

So happy for the loyal away following (of which I’m not one btw!) who have been to/through all the sh*t over the years
Login to get fewer ads

Away Form! on 12:26 - Jan 3 with 2490 viewsPinnerPaul

Away Form! on 20:38 - Jan 2 by Myke

Staggering is right, although tbf I think Eustace and Ramsey have played their part too. We probably operate better as the away team (although our home form bar the last two games is good also) as we are very good at catching teams on the break. Not with lighting speed, which we don't possess, but with very quick accurate passing and players like Willock and Chair that can bring even a difficult pass under close control. At home, when we have more possession, teams tend to close us down faster, which can make it more difficult to create chances. We are certainly not 'sh1t' on the road anymore.

Yesterday's result even better from that perspective as Banfield, Eustace and Ward all covid positive so weren't there yesterday.

MW also said our main analysis guy also positive. Praised everyone who had stepped into help.

Ward, Banfield and Eustace all back tomorrow he said.
Away Form! on 12:46 - Jan 3 with 2443 viewsW7Ranger

Away Form! on 11:26 - Jan 3 by loftus77

Haven't looked - is it a big fat zero? Or was there a 0-0 at Deepdale or somewhere???

Nailed it!

Just the once, at Preston!

Thtat's some record isn't it? I think we played something 24 league games away from home last year, and only failed to score in 1 of them!

Compared to home where I think it was 4 or 5 times.

Be interesting to know if we've ever gone a whole calendar scoring in every single away league game. Would be surprised if we had.

Maybe in 1967 or 1975 or something like that?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 13:12]
Away Form! on 13:08 - Jan 3 with 2407 viewsParkRoyalR

Taking away Fulham's 7 goals at Blackburn and we'd be up there as highest away scorers in league? A good omen now that defence is tightening up too.
Away Form! on 17:04 - Jan 3 with 2286 viewsManinBlack

Yes the away form has been great and Warburton has to take the credit. I think we have won 13 in the league since 1 January 2021. Still some way off Man City with 18 wins from their last 21 away games but they are on another planet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024