Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? 17:47 - Feb 8 with 2400 viewsDixie_CT

‘Yoann is a top lad. I can’t speak highly enough about him and his character, so it was an easy conversation and we look forward to welcoming him back to the squad’
- Warbs quote with West London Sport about Barbet being rested and coming back into the squad.

Barbet’s performances have been positive, injury record impeccable and character good. So why no talk of a new contact? Yoann not interested or something else?
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 17:52 - Feb 8 with 2355 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Today is the two year anniversary of the last game he missed apparently.

89 and counting.
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 18:06 - Feb 8 with 2282 viewsterryb

The club have stated all through this season that new contracts won't be discussed until the end/close to end of the season. The players are aware of this & I believe that Yoann will be one of the first to receive an offer.

I suspect that this change has come because of the moans regarding four year contracts for players outside our first team & possibly the Manning, Bright Samuel outcomes.
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 18:16 - Feb 8 with 2223 viewsPinnerPaul

YB said he was open to a new contract on the podcast interview I saw.
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 18:18 - Feb 8 with 2217 viewsNorthernr

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 18:06 - Feb 8 by terryb

The club have stated all through this season that new contracts won't be discussed until the end/close to end of the season. The players are aware of this & I believe that Yoann will be one of the first to receive an offer.

I suspect that this change has come because of the moans regarding four year contracts for players outside our first team & possibly the Manning, Bright Samuel outcomes.

They said that at the forum but I found it a strange answer, with no real logic to the decision given.
I suspect he either doesn’t want to sign, back to France or sonething, or we pushed the boat out last summer so much that we really will have to cut costs significantly this if we don’t go up. Otherwise it doesn’t make much sense to have a player like that, playing so well, so integral to the team, just come out of contract because “that’s just what we’ve decided to do”.
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 20:53 - Feb 8 with 1901 viewsDixie_CT

I tend to agree that it is a bit strange not to tie him down to a new contract and I get a feeling that he won’t be at QPR next season.

If this was from a purely football perspective then you would think he would be offered a 2 year deal with the option of a 1 year extension. Makes me wonder if the the owners still have much say in operations?
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 20:55 - Feb 8 with 1890 viewsdaveB

Why would any player sign a contract now when they can double their money if we go up in 3 months time and equally why would QPR give extended long contracts to players they might not want/need if we get promoted. Works both ways so can see why they are doing this.
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 20:56 - Feb 8 with 1873 viewsLythamR

maybe he is on a promise, Paladini stylee
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 21:00 - Feb 8 with 1837 viewsNorthernr

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 20:56 - Feb 8 by LythamR

maybe he is on a promise, Paladini stylee

Went well for Gino
Login to get fewer ads

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 21:07 - Feb 8 with 1796 viewsSharpy36

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 18:18 - Feb 8 by Northernr

They said that at the forum but I found it a strange answer, with no real logic to the decision given.
I suspect he either doesn’t want to sign, back to France or sonething, or we pushed the boat out last summer so much that we really will have to cut costs significantly this if we don’t go up. Otherwise it doesn’t make much sense to have a player like that, playing so well, so integral to the team, just come out of contract because “that’s just what we’ve decided to do”.

I think it would be a travesty if we don`t offer him a new contract. If he wants to return to France for family reasons then all well and good, but i`m pretty sure he could make the step up. One thing is crucial in us staying up should we make it or at least giving us half a chance is our back line.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 21:10]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 21:54 - Feb 8 with 1651 viewsslmrstid

I wonder if we go up, he'd stay and have his shot at the top flight, and if we don't, he'll go back to France.
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 22:06 - Feb 8 with 1581 viewsbosh67

From what I heard, and it may be crap, he would like to bring his family up in France. I would bring France here he's so important to us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 23:09 - Feb 8 with 1441 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 22:06 - Feb 8 by bosh67

From what I heard, and it may be crap, he would like to bring his family up in France. I would bring France here he's so important to us.

This is going to be all about cheese, isn't it?
Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 13:46 - Feb 9 with 1043 viewsPinnerPaul

Yoann Barbet - why no new contract? on 22:06 - Feb 8 by bosh67

That's been posted on here before, but in the recent podcast interview he said he was getting married in Portugal, AND, that he was open to a new contract, so not sure that 'truth' is quite as clear cut as some have implied.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024