Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report 17:54 - Feb 16 with 6203 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57068
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:04 - Feb 17 with 590 viewsParkRoyalR

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 16:30 - Feb 17 by ed_83

Would be interested to know where this stands on the all-time list of lowest average LFW scores (excluding Marshall) - presume that some of Bosingwa-and-Barton era shitshows would have been lower, but it's been a while since I remember as few as 3 outfield players getting a 5 or higher. Would understand if Clive doesn't want to depress himself even further by running the numbers, though.

I feel like these results and performances have been coming for a while tbh - I know we thrashed Reading but they were dire. A lot of our recent wins have been ground out rather than revelled in, and even when we've played decently our midfield getting over-run has been a consistent theme.

With Adomah getting exposed as a wingback, Wallace crocked, the midfield porous and Dickie, Chair, Johansen and others all out of sorts, is there an argument for switching to a 4-3-3 and getting three bodies in the centre of midfield?

Would mean we can station Field in front of the centre backs, push Amos and Johansen further forward, and use Willock, Adomah or Chair off the wings rather than relying on wingbacks who are either too young or get both the attack and defensive sides of the role right, or too old to cover that much ground three times a week. Something like:

___________Dieng

Odubajo Dunne Barbet McCallum

____________Field

________Amos___Johansen

__Adomah__________Willock / Chair

____________Dykes
[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 16:33]

Its a big risk to change formation but might be the spark Warburton's looking for as with Sanderson, Moses (or McCallum) alongside Dunne & Barbet (or Barbet as LB) there is certainly pace in that Back 4 which Warburton has'nt had the luxury of to date.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:19 - Feb 17 with 565 viewsBurnleyhoop

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 15:27 - Feb 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Indeed, and therein lies a key problem. With the midfielders lacking pace the onus is on the wing backs to get forward and Willock and Chair to make things happen in the hole. In recent matches QPR's midfield have played too deep and the gap between midfielders and forwards has become too large. On those rare occasions that Chair and Willock have received the ball, they've been crowded out by opposition players sitting deep and looking to profit on the counter. The wing-backs need to offer more going forward and midfielders need to break the lines to keep in order to the opposition guessing, otherwise they can eliminate QPR's threat by simply nullifying Chair and Willock.

Interesting that having questioned their lack of pace you then go on to stick with Johansen and Field in midfield.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 15:30]

With the possible exception of Amos, the options are limited.

The wing back system isn’t working, especially now Wallace is done. Adomah has done reasonably well covering, but is not the answer. Oduboja may be ok as a right back, but is clueless as a wing back.

All of this has been done to death.

Remind me, what is the definition of insanity?

Something needs to change, but probably won’t.

We await Saturday with baited breath.
QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:51 - Feb 17 with 521 viewsDorse

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:19 - Feb 17 by Burnleyhoop

With the possible exception of Amos, the options are limited.

The wing back system isn’t working, especially now Wallace is done. Adomah has done reasonably well covering, but is not the answer. Oduboja may be ok as a right back, but is clueless as a wing back.

All of this has been done to death.

Remind me, what is the definition of insanity?

Something needs to change, but probably won’t.

We await Saturday with baited breath.

'Remind me, what is the definition of insanity?'

Wait, I know this one. Is it putting two pencils up your nose with a pair of pants on your head?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 19:07 - Feb 18 with 326 viewsDiscodroids

QPR's slip continues, soundly beaten at Millwall - Report on 18:33 - Feb 16 by Superhoop83

Have a great night Disco.

It was a terrible, terrible night. I done £130 behind the bar while watching my two neighbours freestyle impromtu 'Jazz'

It was new Guinness world record book entry for the 'Most shit pairing since Bernie Winters teamed up with his slobbering gelded Mute Beast, Schnorbitz'.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024