Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for Pinner 19:21 - Mar 12 with 2556 viewsstowmarketrange

I thought an injured player who received treatment was allowed to stay on the pitch if the challenge that injured the player resulted in a red or yellow card for the opponent?Has this changed or is it at the ref’s discretion?
Spurs just had to do without Harry Kane for a potentially vital free kick because he had to leave the pitch after treatment.Where is the advantage for Spurs who missed their best forward in the penalty area?And if had resulted in a penalty for Spurs,would Kane have been allowed to take it?
Questions for Pinner on 09:34 - Mar 13 with 2274 viewsPinnerPaul

There IS a get out clause - can stay on the pitch (if a yellow or red card given for the foul), IF treatment/assessment carried out in a timely manner, or some such vague description!

Yes he would be allowed to take the pen in those circumstances.
Questions for Pinner on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 2244 viewsstowmarketrange

Questions for Pinner on 09:34 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

There IS a get out clause - can stay on the pitch (if a yellow or red card given for the foul), IF treatment/assessment carried out in a timely manner, or some such vague description!

Yes he would be allowed to take the pen in those circumstances.

Cheers mate.I’m surprised that Kane didn’t make more of a fuss about having to leave the pitch before the free kick though.Him and his team mates just seemed to accept it.
Questions for Pinner on 11:20 - Mar 13 with 2172 viewsterryb

Kane didn't want the medical man to come on the pitch & treat him. In fact, he didn't receive any treatment!

However, the referee had signalled for him to come on & that was enough (in his mind) for JKane to leave the pitch.
Questions for Pinner on 17:02 - Mar 13 with 2032 viewsfrancisbowles

Twice today, the ref made Dunne leave the field after taking a knock whilst being fouled. Offender stays on but he goes off because the physio has entered the pitch.

It's ridiculous.
Questions for Pinner on 17:14 - Mar 13 with 2002 viewsPinnerPaul

Questions for Pinner on 17:02 - Mar 13 by francisbowles

Twice today, the ref made Dunne leave the field after taking a knock whilst being fouled. Offender stays on but he goes off because the physio has entered the pitch.

It's ridiculous.

Yes players always have to go off if physio comes on, but, as above, if oppo get a card for the challenge then the player can stay on, IF he is treated/assessed quickly.
Questions for Pinner on 17:51 - Mar 13 with 1922 viewsfrancisbowles

Questions for Pinner on 17:14 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

Yes players always have to go off if physio comes on, but, as above, if oppo get a card for the challenge then the player can stay on, IF he is treated/assessed quickly.

Cheers Pinner, I get what your saying. There was no card but still unfair. In the second instance Dunne declined treatment but the ref still made him go off as the physio had come on.

Sometimes I wonder if the lawmakers have any common sense. Lol
Questions for Pinner on 17:54 - Mar 13 with 1915 viewsQPR_John

Questions for Pinner on 17:51 - Mar 13 by francisbowles

Cheers Pinner, I get what your saying. There was no card but still unfair. In the second instance Dunne declined treatment but the ref still made him go off as the physio had come on.

Sometimes I wonder if the lawmakers have any common sense. Lol

'You wonder correctly
Questions for Pinner on 18:15 - Mar 13 with 1887 viewsDavieQPR

Questions for Pinner on 17:14 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

Technically incorrect. GK never go off only outfield players.
Login to get fewer ads

Questions for Pinner on 21:08 - Mar 13 with 1770 viewsMyke

Another question. If there was VAR in the Championship would today have finished 0-0?
Questions for Pinner on 21:25 - Mar 13 with 1734 viewsLongsufferingR

Questions for Pinner on 21:08 - Mar 13 by Myke

Another question. If there was VAR in the Championship would today have finished 0-0?

What was wrong with the penalty?
Questions for Pinner on 08:51 - Mar 14 with 1511 viewsfrancisbowles

Questions for Pinner on 21:08 - Mar 13 by Myke

Wrong person answer but going by some of the VAR nonsense in the top division it's anyone's guess. Lol
Questions for Pinner on 09:44 - Mar 14 with 1464 viewsPinnerPaul

Questions for Pinner on 18:15 - Mar 13 by DavieQPR

Technically incorrect. GK never go off only outfield players.

Technically incorrect yourself, but I bore everyone enough so didn't want to list every exception - there's more and here they are

- a goalkeeper is injured
- a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
- players from the same team have collided and need attention
- a severe injury has occurred
- a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which
the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul
challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly
- a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker
Questions for Pinner on 10:29 - Mar 14 with 1421 viewsQPR_John

Questions for Pinner on 09:44 - Mar 14 by PinnerPaul

Technically incorrect yourself, but I bore everyone enough so didn't want to list every exception - there's more and here they are

- a goalkeeper is injured
- a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
- players from the same team have collided and need attention
- a severe injury has occurred
- a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which
the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul
challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly
- a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker

" a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker"
Always wondered about this. Was it added later or did they understand all the unintended consequences of the law at the time. I guess the former.
Questions for Pinner on 10:51 - Mar 14 with 1383 viewsMyke

Questions for Pinner on 21:25 - Mar 13 by LongsufferingR

What was wrong with the penalty?

Other than the fact that Gray threw himself across Neismiths prone body, nothing I guess. The litmus test for any decision is how would you feel if it happened against your team? If Luton had got a penalty for that I would be very upset indeed.
Questions for Pinner on 10:58 - Mar 14 with 1354 viewsHarbour

Questions for Pinner on 10:51 - Mar 14 by Myke

Other than the fact that Gray threw himself across Neismiths prone body, nothing I guess. The litmus test for any decision is how would you feel if it happened against your team? If Luton had got a penalty for that I would be very upset indeed.

Sorry can't agree with that Naismith dived in took Greys legs from him stonewall pen.
Questions for Pinner on 11:04 - Mar 14 with 1338 viewsterryb

I wouldn't have questioned it, It was a rash diving in by Naismith. I do agree that this is the litmus test & the award passed comfortably.

100% a penalty, just as all the mistimed challenges by Bidwell were!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 11:06]
Questions for Pinner on 11:41 - Mar 14 with 1278 viewsLongsufferingR

Even Mr.Moany in charge of Luton didn't question the penalty award, he said it was a stupid challenge from his defender. Coming from a man who said an offside decision shouldn't have been given because it was only just offside, I think that confirms there was no doubt about the penalty.
Questions for Pinner on 14:21 - Mar 14 with 1189 viewsBoston

Questions for Pinner on 10:58 - Mar 14 by Harbour

Sorry can't agree with that Naismith dived in took Greys legs from him stonewall pen.

Definite pen. Grey just embellished by hand flapping.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Questions for Pinner on 18:11 - Mar 14 with 1094 viewsPinnerPaul

Questions for Pinner on 10:29 - Mar 14 by QPR_John

" a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker"
Always wondered about this. Was it added later or did they understand all the unintended consequences of the law at the time. I guess the former.

Don't know when that bit became law John, sorry!
Questions for Pinner on 18:21 - Mar 14 with 1051 viewsQPR_John

Questions for Pinner on 18:11 - Mar 14 by PinnerPaul

Don't know when that bit became law John, sorry!

No problem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024