Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough v Chel£$a 12:37 - Mar 15 with 11345 viewsCorbyQPR

Chel£$a want the tie played behind closed doors as it not fair hahahahahahahahahahahahah
[Post edited 15 Mar 2022 12:37]
Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 08:06 - Mar 16 with 1391 viewsSuperhoop83

Suffering since 1978.

Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 08:41 - Mar 16 with 1293 viewsstowmarketrange

Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 03:11 - Mar 16 by SydneyRs

I was in the away end at this game, having attended purely to gloat at Chelsea being relegated. The only time I saw anything like an atmosphere there, as around 40k turned up (was probably around half that at the QPR games I attended there) including maybe 6k Boro.

The scenes at the end were disgraceful and far worse than the youtube video suggests. Chelsea were 2-0 down from the first leg and won 1-0, so were relegated and Boro promoted (the original playoffs involved a team from the top division playing teams from the second division).

Chelsea fans invaded the pitch at the end of the game and were trying to get at the celebrating Boro end. For once there was advantage in the away end being approx 2 miles from the pitch, meaning not many Chelsea could get close, although I was towards the back of the away end so am not sure how much the front was affected. So the Chelsea fans turned on the police. Particularly in the benches down the right hand side looking from the away end. All hell broke loose in there for a while. We were kept in for ages until they were cleared.

Still, they were relegated. Which was nice.

And they top of the table in October,but they didn’t win for 25 games and slide further down the table as the weeks went by.What a great time to have a mate who was a season ticket holder in the west stand.
Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 08:41 - Mar 16 with 1292 viewsRs_Holy

Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 07:42 - Mar 16 by Northernr

God they're being such shithouses about this and I'm absolutely here for it.

and why not ... top work Boro
Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 10:46 - Mar 16 with 1056 viewsKonk

Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 07:42 - Mar 16 by Northernr

God they're being such shithouses about this and I'm absolutely here for it.

If Boro sing, “Is that all you take away?” I hope someone’s recording the reaction in the away end.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 16:29 - Mar 16 with 835 viewsRanger_Things

Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 22:51 - Mar 15 by DannyPaddox

Just as a historical footnote most Middlesbrough fans I’ve met of a certain age have always had a particular dislike of Chelsea. Probably why I get on with them. Goes back to a relegation/ promotion play-off in the late 80s. The second leg was at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea got relegated and in true fashion at the end of the game the classy Chels fans stormed the pitch and pelted the held-in away fans with whatever they had available to throw. As well as many Boro fans getting injured, Chelsea football club was fined, the ground was closed for the opening matches of the next season, and the relegation/ promotion play-off format was scrapped.

Obviously not connected but it feels like karma Boro have taken the opportunity via the chairman to publicly let Chelsea know (in a different context) what a despicable football they still are.

I was there. Fantastic day out!
Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 16:32 - Mar 16 with 820 viewsRanger_Things

Middlesbrough v Chel£$a on 01:37 - Mar 16 by Boston

Most Boro fans of that age group ain't exactly keen on QPR come to that, after the battle on the Goldhawk Rd.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 1:38]

Was there too. At risk of sounding a bit Finney but fcking hell, that makes me feel old.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024