Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes in Scotland squad... 11:27 - Mar 18 with 11636 viewsGaxZE

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/12566706/aaron-hickey-gets-first-s

Marshall too, this was dated 15th. Surely Dykes can't play?

Apologies if this has already been discussed. Saw some bits from MW about it after the Forest game:

"We always want our players to go away at get international experience but if he is not fit for us he is not fit for Scotland."
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 11:32]
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:34 - Mar 18 with 5806 viewskarl

Steve Clarke spoke about hoping he was going to be fit enough to join up but if not would look to bring in a replacement, you’d have to think Dykes was close to making the bench on Weds if there was a chance of him joining the Scotland squad?
Scotland also missing Nisbet so left very short in the one area we still have limited options, naming and hoping Lyndon would make it possibly trying not to bring in two fringe players
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:45 - Mar 18 with 5761 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:34 - Mar 18 by karl

Steve Clarke spoke about hoping he was going to be fit enough to join up but if not would look to bring in a replacement, you’d have to think Dykes was close to making the bench on Weds if there was a chance of him joining the Scotland squad?
Scotland also missing Nisbet so left very short in the one area we still have limited options, naming and hoping Lyndon would make it possibly trying not to bring in two fringe players

These are friendlies though, so I would have thought it would be the ideal time to test out a couple of fringe players.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 5738 viewskarl

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:45 - Mar 18 by QPR_Hibs

These are friendlies though, so I would have thought it would be the ideal time to test out a couple of fringe players.

Yes, and avoid overplaying Che Adams who is crucial now.

Very difficult to think of who to bring in at the moment, the options are very limited.

However, on the point of Dykes you do think staying at the club and getting his fitness back would be key for him, QPR and Scotland. Only potential benefit in going with Scotland is to actually get on the pitch in a semi serious match for however long medical team deem ideal and saves pitching him into what are now very important games with big pressure on team selection and performance.
Of course he aggravates the injury while with Scotland and MW gets blame from fans, it’s actually a very difficult situation
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:29 - Mar 18 with 5550 viewsnix

I think if he's not even making the QPR bench or having time in the U23s yet, then he's not fit enough to play. If that's the case he shouldn't be joining the squad at all but just continuing to work on his fitness. It's not about being difficult with the international manager, it's about looking after the long term welfare of the player. I'm surprised he's been named in the squad without any apparent contact with his club.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:31 - Mar 18 with 5544 viewsPaddyhoops

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:52 - Mar 18 by karl

Yes, and avoid overplaying Che Adams who is crucial now.

Very difficult to think of who to bring in at the moment, the options are very limited.

However, on the point of Dykes you do think staying at the club and getting his fitness back would be key for him, QPR and Scotland. Only potential benefit in going with Scotland is to actually get on the pitch in a semi serious match for however long medical team deem ideal and saves pitching him into what are now very important games with big pressure on team selection and performance.
Of course he aggravates the injury while with Scotland and MW gets blame from fans, it’s actually a very difficult situation

I notice Jimmy Dunne hasn't been called by Ireland.
Oddly enough Manning is a regular since reverting to 16th place chasing Swansea.
As for Dykes . Well.. he'll play and be crocked all over again for the run in. Great!!
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:38 - Mar 18 with 5515 viewskarl

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:29 - Mar 18 by nix

I think if he's not even making the QPR bench or having time in the U23s yet, then he's not fit enough to play. If that's the case he shouldn't be joining the squad at all but just continuing to work on his fitness. It's not about being difficult with the international manager, it's about looking after the long term welfare of the player. I'm surprised he's been named in the squad without any apparent contact with his club.

To me he seems to want to play all the time and I wonder if he’s had contact with Clarke and thinking he’s ahead of his fitness compared to what the club are thinking? Pure guesswork.
If he’s not had any talk of U23 action then you have to think he’s way off being able to play against Poland, in Clarke early days tactical training would have been key for getting players to join up with the squad but he’s got a system in place now and Dykes knows it well so I think it’s far better for everyone and long term relationship of club/country that he sits this one out.
If there’s a chance of minutes on the pitch for U23 he needs to get them and get back to match sharpness asap as huge games coming up for Scotland and QPR, getting injured or another setback is no use to anyone
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 14:38 - Mar 18 with 5397 viewsozranger

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:38 - Mar 18 by karl

To me he seems to want to play all the time and I wonder if he’s had contact with Clarke and thinking he’s ahead of his fitness compared to what the club are thinking? Pure guesswork.
If he’s not had any talk of U23 action then you have to think he’s way off being able to play against Poland, in Clarke early days tactical training would have been key for getting players to join up with the squad but he’s got a system in place now and Dykes knows it well so I think it’s far better for everyone and long term relationship of club/country that he sits this one out.
If there’s a chance of minutes on the pitch for U23 he needs to get them and get back to match sharpness asap as huge games coming up for Scotland and QPR, getting injured or another setback is no use to anyone

I think there is a bit of a misnomer here.

We would like Dykes to play some U23 games to get his fitness. When? During the period of the International break? If so, then playing for Scotland, even limited for say 30mins is going to be better than 45mins with the U23s. We all want him back in the team asap. So, if he is partially ready, and the club would have informed Clarke and the Scottish medical team, and that he could have played U23s/B team in the next two plus weeks, then he, in my eyes, would be better to play with the Scotland squad. The only real difference I can see is the type of treatment he would get off the field by the various medical teams.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 14:59 - Mar 18 with 5349 viewskarl

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 14:38 - Mar 18 by ozranger

I think there is a bit of a misnomer here.

We would like Dykes to play some U23 games to get his fitness. When? During the period of the International break? If so, then playing for Scotland, even limited for say 30mins is going to be better than 45mins with the U23s. We all want him back in the team asap. So, if he is partially ready, and the club would have informed Clarke and the Scottish medical team, and that he could have played U23s/B team in the next two plus weeks, then he, in my eyes, would be better to play with the Scotland squad. The only real difference I can see is the type of treatment he would get off the field by the various medical teams.

I agree with this but in fairness to MW he’s on a hiding to nothing here.
Let him play for Scotland and he gets a niggly setback, or worse a more serious aggravation of his injury and should we fail to make playoffs it will be used heavily against MW, on the other hand if Dykes doesn’t get up to speed and give us the other option up front he’s open to criticism there too.
Given some of the hostility he’s getting I can see why MW will take the relatively safer option of trying to get game time in Dykes’ legs at home
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 15:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 15:44 - Mar 18 with 5278 viewsthemodfather

if dykes joins up with jocks and comes back happy, fitter and maybe score a few, great. he needs to start scoring soon as he is not prolific and injuries creeping in. mindset? dunno.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 20:49 - Mar 18 with 5046 viewsbosh67

Nothing really staggers me but if he plays for Scotland having been out for so long here it will come close.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 06:30 - Mar 22 with 4597 viewsHayesender

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/mark-warburton-says-lyndon

This feels like an absolute pish take from both Scotland and Dykes

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 07:34 - Mar 22 with 4492 viewsHarbour

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 06:30 - Mar 22 by Hayesender

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/mark-warburton-says-lyndon

This feels like an absolute pish take from both Scotland and Dykes

Sounds like a mistake to me if he is not fit for rangers he is not fit for Scotland end of.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 07:41 - Mar 22 with 4465 viewsstevec

If there is something going on behind the scenes here with Dykes, I’m guessing Clarke might wish to witness what’s going on in his head more than his feet, not least with massive games coming up in June for Scotland.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 09:26 - Mar 22 with 4274 viewsHarbour

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 07:41 - Mar 22 by stevec

If there is something going on behind the scenes here with Dykes, I’m guessing Clarke might wish to witness what’s going on in his head more than his feet, not least with massive games coming up in June for Scotland.

He is quite good with his head!
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 4239 viewsTheChef

Bottom line is - is he fit, or not?

If he's fit then he should be playing for QPR first, not Scotland.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 09:53 - Mar 22 with 4194 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 09:35 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Problem is the international teams have the say. They could demand he turn up and give him their own medical assessment to check on his fitness. I think the club has managed to get to a compromise position. He trains with us and only if that goes well, does he join up for their second game. Hopefully, they will also have argued that he mustn't be flogged for more than 60 mins or whatever figure the club considers reasonable.

If handled correctly, this could be to our benefit as he will have minutes before the Fools game.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 10:05 - Mar 22 with 4150 viewsBklynRanger

We've got 5 games in 16 days when he gets back, which we'll need him for.

I would've thought it would be a far safer bet for him not to play Scotland's second game regardless and be ready for Fulham.

Ok he may not be quite a match sharp as a successful 30-60 mins up there might get him but the risk of injury seems to outweigh that for me anyway, considering how long he's been out.

The assessment later this week is going to have to be a very clear eyed one - if there's any doubt at all we have to say no shirley? Otherwise this could end up adding to things Warbs needs to defend himself on in a few weeks time, after what had not too long ago been a superb season.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 10:26 - Mar 22 with 4094 viewsdaveB

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 09:35 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Warburton said Friday he was back in training so would be fit to play in a week which is when Scotland play. If we had a game next week would imagine he'd have been involved
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 10:27]
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 10:33 - Mar 22 with 4045 viewsTheChef

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 10:26 - Mar 22 by daveB

Warburton said Friday he was back in training so would be fit to play in a week which is when Scotland play. If we had a game next week would imagine he'd have been involved
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 10:27]

Fair enough I suppose.

Would be ideal if he's fit to start for the Fulham game.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 12:19 - Mar 22 with 3926 viewsessextaxiboy

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 10:33 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Fair enough I suppose.

Would be ideal if he's fit to start for the Fulham game.

It doesnt matter now , Willock was the key and he is out .

If Dykes can get in the shop window someone might give us our money back in the summer.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:21 - Mar 22 with 3826 viewslightwaterhoop

Imagine the fuss we would be making here if Dykes was actually any good!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 13:29]
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:42 - Mar 22 with 3776 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:21 - Mar 22 by lightwaterhoop

Imagine the fuss we would be making here if Dykes was actually any good!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 13:29]

Would you rather watch Austin plod around the pitch in slow motion between now and the end of the season?
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:46 - Mar 22 with 3773 viewsDannytheR

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:42 - Mar 22 by ParkRoyalR

Would you rather watch Austin plod around the pitch in slow motion between now and the end of the season?

Austin will have to get a lot more mobile before he's up to a plod.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 14:07 - Mar 22 with 3753 viewsessextaxiboy

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:42 - Mar 22 by ParkRoyalR

I would rather watch a young fella busting a gut to try to get in the plans for next year.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 15:48 - Mar 22 with 3630 viewsLazyFan

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 14:07 - Mar 22 by essextaxiboy

I would rather watch a young fella busting a gut to try to get in the plans for next year.

Yeah agreed, if we as expect to drift away from the playoffs then it's time to blood the youngsters as we are safe.

Is Bettache better than Hendrick? Probably not, but could he be?
Yes, he possibly could be if he was given a run.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024