Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bielik Incident yesterday. 10:51 - Apr 19 with 5056 viewsEsox_Lucius

Once he was struck in the face, play was allowed to continue for a short while but when the game was stopped QPR were in possession. Why then did the Ref give the ball back to the Allsop when play was restarted? I thought that the laws were changed from a challenged dropped ball, to the ball being given back to the team who were in possession when the game was stopped?

The grass is always greener.

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 16:57 - Apr 19 with 977 viewsPinnerPaul

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:28 - Apr 19 by paulhoop2

Just be thankful it was not the 4th reffing one of Clive’s favs

I wonder if Clive noticed that he did a pre match warm up?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? No point in 4th getting warmed up half an hour before the match in one he is unlike to come on in and even if he did statistically its likely to be 2nd half at worse!
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 16:59 - Apr 19 with 975 viewsPinnerPaul

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 12:33 - Apr 19 by terryb

IMO the only thing the referee did wrong in this case (and it is a very big mistake) was not to stop play immediately. If he had done so, Rangers were in pocession of the ball outside the penalty area (important point) & would have been given the ball. Not that this is the reason as to why he should have stopped the game!

However, he didn't stop play until we had a shot & the ball was in the penalty area. Although I can't remember who had the ball when he whistled, that is unimportant. Under the laws of the game, if play is stopped with the ball in the penalty area, the game is restarted by giving the ball to the goalkeeper. No ifs or buts.

Sorry for the repetition Terry, spot on!
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 17:00 - Apr 19 with 962 viewsPinnerPaul

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 15:32 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

Two or three (at least) really annoying simple passes that he gave away, but otherwise he played really well.

Three (at least) is being kind, but he did improve 2nd half and came up with some good headers and blocks, but his distribution was awful all game.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 17:29 - Apr 19 with 924 viewsJuzzie

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 17:00 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

Three (at least) is being kind, but he did improve 2nd half and came up with some good headers and blocks, but his distribution was awful all game.

My first game in 2 1/2 years due to Covid, lack of Saturday 3pm's (thanks Sky you knuts) so a first look at a lot of players. Sanderson was indeed good with headers and blocking but yes, really needs to up his game when it comes to those kind of passes as they're the sort of things that can end of with the opposition scoring.
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 18:37 - Apr 19 with 861 viewsFrankRightguard

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 14:33 - Apr 19 by Malintabuk

Think that was what was agreed. From SA stand it looked like the ref told the keeper to kick it out for our throw
Think that was the best course of action.... could you imagine the mayhem if we were given the ball in their box.....
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 14:37]

I think you’re being very kind. He made a right horlicks of it!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 18:38]
The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 20:47 - Apr 19 with 761 viewsfrancisbowles

The Bielik Incident yesterday. on 11:44 - Apr 19 by doogi10

1 the ref should have blown up straigh away he was full blast in the face
2 how was amos goal disallowed no way was he offside
3 he never booked sam field

When I saw it on Quest, Amos looked very narrowly offside. A good call by the lino.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024