Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Runners and riders — Column 18:02 - May 15 with 10328 viewsNorthernr

Blowing the dust off this format after three years...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57786
Runners and riders — Column on 14:35 - May 17 with 1653 viewsR_from_afar

What would you all say about a current manager who:
- Played for us
- Has a 45.23% win rate over 199 games as a manager
- Has secured two promotions so far, the most recent a year ago
- Favours attacking, possession-based football.

Know who that is?

I am *not* saying he is the ideal candidate, but I would like to think the club would at least consider him.

It's Ian Evatt of Bolton.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Runners and riders — Column on 15:01 - May 17 with 1569 viewsdaveB

Runners and riders — Column on 14:05 - May 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Or perhaps he's not ready or not good enough. Aim higher folks; we're a championship club with aspirations of the Premier League.

Wasn't suggesting Hall was a candidate, just responding to a post asking why he wasn't applying for other roles such as the manager
Runners and riders — Column on 15:53 - May 17 with 1453 viewsterryb

I must say that Ian Evatt hadn't crossed my mind, but he definitely fits the sucessful lower league criteria. He certainly didn't have money to spend at Barrow, but I've no idea on the current finances of Bolton.

Whether he has forgiven the club for the way Ian Holloway refused to play him (unless numbers were too depleted) I wouldn't know!
Runners and riders — Column on 18:01 - May 17 with 1261 viewsR_from_afar

Runners and riders — Column on 15:53 - May 17 by terryb

I must say that Ian Evatt hadn't crossed my mind, but he definitely fits the sucessful lower league criteria. He certainly didn't have money to spend at Barrow, but I've no idea on the current finances of Bolton.

Whether he has forgiven the club for the way Ian Holloway refused to play him (unless numbers were too depleted) I wouldn't know!

"I must say that Ian Evatt hadn't crossed my mind".

Likewise, I knew he was managing but had no idea he had done so well or that his brand of football was progressive.

Apparently, when he was managing in the north east, his club were known as Barrowcelona

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Runners and riders — Column on 22:49 - May 17 with 969 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Runners and riders — Column on 16:47 - May 16 by Antti_Heinola

No reason why the club wouldn't interview Campbell, but also no reason to give him the job either.

There's no reason why the club shouldn't consider Campbell's managerial CV but having read it there's every reason not to invite him to interview.
Runners and riders — Column on 22:56 - May 17 with 948 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Runners and riders — Column on 14:35 - May 17 by R_from_afar

What would you all say about a current manager who:
- Played for us
- Has a 45.23% win rate over 199 games as a manager
- Has secured two promotions so far, the most recent a year ago
- Favours attacking, possession-based football.

Know who that is?

I am *not* saying he is the ideal candidate, but I would like to think the club would at least consider him.

It's Ian Evatt of Bolton.

Nice to see a sensible suggestion in amongst the sea of nonsense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024