Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) 15:28 - May 27 with 9181 viewsthame_hoops

Anyone watch kenobi yet? I purposely worked from home today to watch it at 8 am, both episodes.

Very good.

Discuss
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 16:16 - Jun 1 with 2673 viewsThaiHoop

Thought episodes 1 & 2 were good but just finished episode 3 and I thought it was 'kin brilliant!! Can't wait for the rest of it now!
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 21:28 - Jun 1 with 2601 viewsthame_hoops

Hmmmm very enjoyable ep3 today, although lots of plot holes, but still……

Spoilers…..

Why didn’t Vader and the storm troopers walk around the fire to get Kenobi?

Also, they’ve got to be careful they don’t interfere with the canon, in a new hope Vader tells kenobi ‘the last time we met I was your apprentice, now I’m the master’ Hmmmm,

Still, that battle, the neon light sabre look was amazing 😍
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:50 - Jun 2 with 2531 viewsHooping_Mad

Not the best quality writing, shaky camera work. Casting a 7yr old to play a 10 yr old is a little jarring, when they have to make multiple cuts during a chase scene as she can't even run, can act quite well for such a young actress.

The third sister character causes me some consternation. Actress and Disney implying fans are racist if they don't like her performance before the show even aired ! When in fact the character is badly written and the actress is very wooden. Calling your customers racists for calling that is typical hollywood toxicity that has ruined Star Wars. If you want to fight racism Disney try sorting 'your' Force Awakens poster for China where you made Finn disappear eh?

Also using Vader without his theme is a big mistake, his theme will should help to frame a scene, the music in this is terrible, really terrible.

Just 'feels' like they are not trying very hard.

I did feel sorry for Ewen until he agreed to do a very patronising take to his phone asking fans to be less 'racist' (ie any justifiable criticism) to a character we are supposed to not like. Confused much?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 21:11 - Jun 2 with 2459 viewsRanger_Things

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:50 - Jun 2 by Hooping_Mad

Not the best quality writing, shaky camera work. Casting a 7yr old to play a 10 yr old is a little jarring, when they have to make multiple cuts during a chase scene as she can't even run, can act quite well for such a young actress.

The third sister character causes me some consternation. Actress and Disney implying fans are racist if they don't like her performance before the show even aired ! When in fact the character is badly written and the actress is very wooden. Calling your customers racists for calling that is typical hollywood toxicity that has ruined Star Wars. If you want to fight racism Disney try sorting 'your' Force Awakens poster for China where you made Finn disappear eh?

Also using Vader without his theme is a big mistake, his theme will should help to frame a scene, the music in this is terrible, really terrible.

Just 'feels' like they are not trying very hard.

I did feel sorry for Ewen until he agreed to do a very patronising take to his phone asking fans to be less 'racist' (ie any justifiable criticism) to a character we are supposed to not like. Confused much?

https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/31/23148468/star-wars-obi-wan-moses-ingram-third

I thought Moses Ingram’s performance was decent and Disney were right to call out the vile racist abuse she received on social media.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 22:03]
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:14 - Jun 2 with 2426 viewsHooping_Mad

Seems to be a pattern when Star Wars isn't well received though eh. Funny how people are supposedly only 'racist' to the bad/unpopular characters isn't it? Rose/Reeva, not so much the Lando & Mace's of the EU. It's also the same Disney that shrank Finn/John Boyega in a Chinese poster and edited out a lesbian kiss scene left in the western release so I don't buy their social concerns and platitudes as genuine.

I don't remember Lucas Film having these issues Pre-Disney either.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 00:27 - Jun 3 with 2410 viewsjoolsyp

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 21:28 - Jun 1 by thame_hoops

Hmmmm very enjoyable ep3 today, although lots of plot holes, but still……

Spoilers…..

Why didn’t Vader and the storm troopers walk around the fire to get Kenobi?

Also, they’ve got to be careful they don’t interfere with the canon, in a new hope Vader tells kenobi ‘the last time we met I was your apprentice, now I’m the master’ Hmmmm,

Still, that battle, the neon light sabre look was amazing 😍

And Kenobi and Leia could have just walked around the laser-gate thingy rather than shoot it to turn it off
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 16:47 - Jun 9 with 2243 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 00:27 - Jun 3 by joolsyp

And Kenobi and Leia could have just walked around the laser-gate thingy rather than shoot it to turn it off

After a promising (albeit shaky) start, this has now descended into a very poorly written affair unfortunately. Sad thing is, that happens to be the norm with SW now so it doesn't even come as a surprise anymore. It's just not enough anymore for the set pieces and effects to look good. Eps 2, 3 and 4 have gotten exponentially worse.. Ep 4 in particular was shockingly bad, by the end of it I was just shaking my head and outright laughing at pretty much every scene. It'll take a monumental effort for the last couple of eps to save the series. My opinion obviously, if you're enjoying it then great - I get that it's made 'for kids' but so are many other films/series and they don't fail this badly.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 16:49]
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 21:17 - Jun 9 with 2099 viewsRangersw12

Really enjoying it so far

It's 40 mins of escapism a week and the fact I watch with my 2 boys and gets us all talking about SW makes it extra special
Login to get fewer ads

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 22:02 - Jun 9 with 2077 viewsTomS

I have just watched Episode 4 with my son. We both think that the scriptwriter just took the tracing paper to the script of the original SW film and copied it.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Plagerism is when you get caught.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 08:24 - Jun 10 with 2028 viewsTheChef

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 13:48 - Jun 1 by benhurst

Actually, the big reveal here is that Kenobi was Luke's father the whole time!

Oh, get in the sea. Really?

Can't they just leave these things alone?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 22:16 - Jun 15 with 1831 viewsbenhurst

Today's episode was the best by far I reckon
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:09 - Jun 15 with 1792 viewsthame_hoops

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 22:16 - Jun 15 by benhurst

Today's episode was the best by far I reckon

I’m enjoying it, especially the Hayden flashbacks, it’s set up for a decent finale next week. I reckon Reva will go to Tatooine to hunt Luke…
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:17 - Jun 15 with 1789 viewsDavieQPR

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 21:11 - Jun 2 by Ranger_Things

https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/31/23148468/star-wars-obi-wan-moses-ingram-third

I thought Moses Ingram’s performance was decent and Disney were right to call out the vile racist abuse she received on social media.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 22:03]

They seem to have called it out before it happened. Did they guess or did they start it to cover a poorly written show.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 09:33 - Jun 16 with 1680 viewsTheChef

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:14 - Jun 2 by Hooping_Mad

Seems to be a pattern when Star Wars isn't well received though eh. Funny how people are supposedly only 'racist' to the bad/unpopular characters isn't it? Rose/Reeva, not so much the Lando & Mace's of the EU. It's also the same Disney that shrank Finn/John Boyega in a Chinese poster and edited out a lesbian kiss scene left in the western release so I don't buy their social concerns and platitudes as genuine.

Pfft it's Disney - the only thing that matters is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 10:11 - Jun 16 with 1651 viewsSonofpugwash

Sorry,thought this was a thread about Sir Beer Starmer.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 11:19 - Jun 16 with 1618 viewsJuzzie

Delete your holo-messages! I knew that was going to be a plot device and sure enough, it was.

Good episode though, best so far.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 18:01 - Jun 16 with 1527 viewsdaveB

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:14 - Jun 2 by Hooping_Mad

Pre Disney was also pre social media so always likely to be less public issues,
The abuse that actress's got was horrific,. People take this franchise far too seriously
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 13:33 - Jun 22 with 1351 viewsthame_hoops

Watched the final episode now….. spoilers..

Meh… The pacing of the series was off, they can’t make their mind up how long each episode is, very inconsistent. This last episode felt very rushed and forced. A great battle scene, I liked that Ben gave Anakin a scar on his head. It also keeps the cannon alive of Vader telling Obi-Wan that the last time they saw each other, he was the apprentice.

The Reva story was a bit daft, how on earth did she survive been stabbed by two light sabres and she got to Tatooine very quickly despite being wounded and no transport.

Also, Luke would remember being chased by a weird lady with a red LightSaber, that’s never been mentioned

Lots of plotholes, but as a 44-year-old man I guess I am not their target audience, and I’m sure kids will love it.

Qui-Gon at the end was just silly. You can tell it was recorded remotely, without the two characters even interacting.

I hope they do make another series because I would like to see Darth Maul fight against Kenobi, but I think the Vader thing is done now, based on Palpatine telling Vader to forget it

Overall, I will give the series 5 out of 10, it was pretty much Obi-Wan babysitting leah
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 14:11]
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 13:39 - Jun 22 with 1344 viewsPunteR

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 13:33 - Jun 22 by thame_hoops

Watched the final episode now….. spoilers..

Meh… The pacing of the series was off, they can’t make their mind up how long each episode is, very inconsistent. This last episode felt very rushed and forced. A great battle scene, I liked that Ben gave Anakin a scar on his head. It also keeps the cannon alive of Vader telling Obi-Wan that the last time they saw each other, he was the apprentice.

The Reva story was a bit daft, how on earth did she survive been stabbed by two light sabres and she got to Tatooine very quickly despite being wounded and no transport.

Also, Luke would remember being chased by a weird lady with a red LightSaber, that’s never been mentioned

Lots of plotholes, but as a 44-year-old man I guess I am not their target audience, and I’m sure kids will love it.

Qui-Gon at the end was just silly. You can tell it was recorded remotely, without the two characters even interacting.

I hope they do make another series because I would like to see Darth Maul fight against Kenobi, but I think the Vader thing is done now, based on Palpatine telling Vader to forget it

Overall, I will give the series 5 out of 10, it was pretty much Obi-Wan babysitting leah
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 14:11]

So basically like the Mandalorian babysitting baby yoda..?

I've still only watched the first 2 with my 13 year old. I have tried getting him to watch the others with me but he's not fussed. Maybe 13 year old isn't the target audience either..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 17:29 - Jun 23 with 1227 viewsRangersw12

Me and the kids all thought it was a great series. I especially liked the the little nods to New Hope

As for Darth Maul he gets killed by Kenobi in the Star Wars Rebels series so can't them doing that, would love them to do a Vadar series or a general series between New Hope and Empire Strikes back

Looking forward to the Andor Series coming out later this year
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 17:54 - Jun 23 with 1189 viewsJuzzie

Not sure if was intentional to throw us (well, maybe me) off but from the trailers/build up I thought it was going to be mainly about Kenobi & Luke. After all, that was Kenobi's job, to keep an eye on him. However, he naffed off and spent pretty all of it looking after Leia.

Also, that's twice Kenobi had the chance to finish off Anakin/Vader and both times he didn't meaning further struggles for the galaxy and thousands/millions suffering. Pffft.

Vader: "You didn't kill Anakin, I did" - kind of rounds off the whole "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights...He betrayed and murdered your father" thing although originally Anakin and Vader were meant to be two separate characters.

6/10 for me. There is so much story in Star Wars there could be tons of spins of series' etc. and that could just end up being overkill and weakening screenplays etc.

Still, would like to see something more Vader focused though.
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 19:46 - Jun 23 with 1145 viewsTomS

I enjoyed the finale. While there was no tension, as we knew the main characters would survive, I enjoyed the suspense as both chases ensued simultaneously.

I had to bear in mind that it was a Disney production, so the fight scenes were usually fairly tame affairs. Unless you were a random film extra hired to play an innocent, bystanding civilian, or a stormtrooper, your character would usually survive.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 23:33]
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 21:46 - Jun 23 with 1083 viewsHAYESBOY

Finished well, but a bit ropey in the middle.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 22:10 - Jun 23 with 1064 viewsthame_hoops

Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 17:29 - Jun 23 by Rangersw12

Me and the kids all thought it was a great series. I especially liked the the little nods to New Hope

As for Darth Maul he gets killed by Kenobi in the Star Wars Rebels series so can't them doing that, would love them to do a Vadar series or a general series between New Hope and Empire Strikes back

Looking forward to the Andor Series coming out later this year

Correct he kills Maul, but Obi-Wan is a little bit older so I’m hoping that is in the next series.. rebels is canon after all.

Andor looks good! The trailer shows clone troopers played by actors, not CGI like in the prequels. Rogue one was excellent after all
Kenobi- TV Series (NON - QPR) on 23:40 - Jun 23 with 1028 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Spoilers.

Thought it was telling that the best received scenes were the flashback scenes in Ep5, what a waste of potential that was - there should've been much more of that between McGregor and Christensen. Then we get the climactic fight scene in Ep6 which looked great, albeit a bit silly (Vader can pull a ship out of the sky but can't deflect rocks, wtf?) - but was spoiled by the ridiculous cuts to the action on Tatooine with Reva bumbling her way to catch Luke.

The writing was atrocious, even if it was aimed at kids. It's almost as if they've completely forgotten the source material or are intentionally ignoring it...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024