Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 23:39 - Jul 19 with 2771 viewstoboboly

Finished 3-1 Haringey.

Stephen Duke-Mckenna played as did Ody Alfa. Neither were good. Noticed a few that I had seen at Raynes Park. We huffed and puffed but tbf never looked like we would beat them. They are Isthmian Premier and look a well drilled side. Have said it before but we need to entering the non-league cups to give these guys more experience of playing full grown men.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 23:52 - Jul 19 with 2721 viewsozexile

Shame about Duke McKenna he came on against Everton and looked decent. I am a firm believer though that some players need that step up for motivation levels to increase.
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 00:21 - Jul 20 with 2665 viewstoboboly

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 23:52 - Jul 19 by ozexile

Shame about Duke McKenna he came on against Everton and looked decent. I am a firm believer though that some players need that step up for motivation levels to increase.

Agree, managed to catch a game of his for Torquay last season and he was better than here. And against everton he was better than that. Seemed to try too hard here and it wasnt working and his head went down

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 03:26 - Jul 20 with 2574 viewsozexile

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 00:21 - Jul 20 by toboboly

Agree, managed to catch a game of his for Torquay last season and he was better than here. And against everton he was better than that. Seemed to try too hard here and it wasnt working and his head went down

Down arrowed by mistake!
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 06:02 - Jul 20 with 2515 viewsozranger

This is an interesting problem with a number of youth players, whether for us of other teams. I wonder if our hierarchy are doing anything about it, though I think that is most likely.

SD-M is one a few who, when things go wrong, drop their heads. It gets to them. Dickie is another. The mental side of the game is just as important as the physical side. I saw a bit of SD-M in U23s games last season and you could see that he is a player who will drop his head when he makes a mistake. The perfect example of the opposite to this and why he was such a professional was Barbet. He made numerous errors but it did not phase him at all and he just got on with it. If we can get the heads screwed on for some of our promising youngsters, they could really go somewhere. To me, I see this as one primary reason why Dickie hasn't any apparent interest from clubs higher up. Even though physically he is good enough, mentally one can see that he is not and we have to teach him that part of the game.
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 07:28 - Jul 20 with 2367 viewsstevec

Beep Beep
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 07:53 - Jul 20 with 2296 viewsdmm

It was just a couple of seasons ago we thought Ody Alfa would break through. He's 23 now and nowhere near the first team. It's beginning to look like SDM may be another like him and Bettache is fading away too.
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 12:24 - Jul 20 with 1969 viewsfrancisbowles

I see that neither Sinclair Armstrong nor Arkel Jude Boyd played. I'd expect to see them play some part tonight.
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 12:55 - Jul 20 with 1839 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 07:53 - Jul 20 by dmm

It was just a couple of seasons ago we thought Ody Alfa would break through. He's 23 now and nowhere near the first team. It's beginning to look like SDM may be another like him and Bettache is fading away too.

Someone posted something about the number of friendlies played, so upon having a look back I eventually found this nugget from 17 July 2015 https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/r-s-depart-italy-after-internal-friendly-exer

Messrs Kakay, Hamalianen and Shodipo were playing back then. Seven years on they’ve mustered more questions than matches and they’re still here!

So maybe SDM and Bettache have a few more years to ‘prove’ their doubters right.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 13:02 - Jul 20 with 1812 viewsFrankRightguard

Found the same when I saw him v Hayes & Yeading last pre season. Couldn’t get anything going. Passing poor. Different player when he came on against Everton.
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 13:27 - Jul 20 with 1742 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 13:02 - Jul 20 by FrankRightguard

Found the same when I saw him v Hayes & Yeading last pre season. Couldn’t get anything going. Passing poor. Different player when he came on against Everton.

Most players are against a former club

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 13:46 - Jul 20 with 1682 viewsFrankRightguard

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 13:27 - Jul 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Most players are against a former club

If he can carve out a career playing Everton every week he’ll be fine in that case.
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 14:41 - Jul 20 with 1556 viewsstanistheman

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 07:53 - Jul 20 by dmm

Imo they need to play more games with the 1st reamers so that they learn more and quicker. The football combination league was perfect for this and the club should arrange matches for the B team to include the best young players we have as they are being wasted at U23 level.
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 15:53 - Jul 20 with 1460 viewsderbyhoop

If we are lucky we might get 1 player per season coming through from age levels to first team regular.

I suspect Bettache, SDM are not going to get in that select group.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 16:19 - Jul 20 with 1352 viewsLogman

Is 1 player a group ?
Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 16:20 - Jul 20 with 1345 viewsLogman

Haringey Borough v QPR U23 on 16:19 - Jul 20 by Logman

Is 1 player a group ?

Sorry, I'll eff off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024