Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short memories 17:52 - Aug 20 with 4314 viewstraininvain

It’s a marathon not a sprint. I see people saying we’re going down, bang in trouble etc. Five games into a 46 game season.

Last season we were top 6 till February / March and finished mid table. Forest were bottom three till September / October and won promotion.

It’s far too early to draw conclusions. We’re a work in progress. Give Beale some time and let’s see how we’re doing in 10 games or so.
Short memories on 23:37 - Aug 20 with 1095 viewstraininvain

Short memories on 22:58 - Aug 20 by paulparker

Yeah proper deluded that we can’t beat Blackpool & Rotherham, I must have a reality check

We couldn’t beat Peterborough or Cardiff at the end of last season. Context is important.
Short memories on 03:03 - Aug 21 with 955 viewsnix

Short memories on 22:58 - Aug 20 by paulparker

Yeah proper deluded that we can’t beat Blackpool & Rotherham, I must have a reality check

Missing at least three and possibly up to five sitters in each of those matches shows progress from the back of last season in terms of at least creating chances even after Willock went off. Not sure what the coaching team can do about all those misses. Especially as on another day, at least a couple of them go in.

I guess us happy clappers could also change tac and say we're sh*t and the manager's sh*t and let's throw Dykes on the scrap heap but not sure where it gets anyone or how enlightening it is.
Short memories on 07:10 - Aug 21 with 906 viewsstevec

Most worrying for me is, even when we have any shape, how quickly we can lose it.

Feels like eleven individuals, but mostly the quite gifted, kicking a ball about and fashioning some chances. Willock and Chair work excellently, Laird looks like a man with a plan but a little bemused why many of his compatriots don’t seem to be on the same wave length.

Aside of that there are decent individual performances but little cohesion. Beale needs to galvanise them into a team so they’re not just a warm up to the Willock & Chair show.
Short memories on 07:55 - Aug 21 with 854 viewstraininvain

Short memories on 07:10 - Aug 21 by stevec

Most worrying for me is, even when we have any shape, how quickly we can lose it.

Feels like eleven individuals, but mostly the quite gifted, kicking a ball about and fashioning some chances. Willock and Chair work excellently, Laird looks like a man with a plan but a little bemused why many of his compatriots don’t seem to be on the same wave length.

Aside of that there are decent individual performances but little cohesion. Beale needs to galvanise them into a team so they’re not just a warm up to the Willock & Chair show.

It’s all a bit frantic and too open for my liking. But I would put that down to the new manager / system and the new players gelling. Like I said at the start of this thread, it’s going to take time especially after the way we ended last season.
Short memories on 08:35 - Aug 21 with 790 viewsDWQPR

Short memories on 07:55 - Aug 21 by traininvain

It’s all a bit frantic and too open for my liking. But I would put that down to the new manager / system and the new players gelling. Like I said at the start of this thread, it’s going to take time especially after the way we ended last season.

It shouldn’t take time. We should be putting the likes of Blackpool and Rotherham to bed. Against Blackpool in the first half they were the better side with the best player on the pitch and second half we hardly created a chance. Yesterday we conceded from another set piece and after the initial shit it was poor defending that gave their player another chance. Evidently we now have a set piece coach who should be earning his money. The set up from corners and free kicks are a joke with what we are still conceding and the eleven men back routine clearly isn’t the answer. Two players need to remain upfront, it leaves three defenders back and clears a bit of room for the keeper. If Beale cannot see that then frankly he’s sold us a pup.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Short memories on 09:23 - Aug 21 with 751 viewsDorse

Short memories on 18:22 - Aug 20 by essextaxiboy

I agree , but the style of play is a sickly vanilla .

Bit harsh. I'd say Milli Vanilli at least.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Short memories on 09:36 - Aug 21 with 732 viewsessextaxiboy

Short memories on 09:23 - Aug 21 by Dorse

Bit harsh. I'd say Milli Vanilli at least.

What i mean by that is that there is nothing to get us out of our seat . Every game follows a similar format . Even when we are winning (1st half Boro) it comes back to the script and we are hanging on for the result . There are no characters , no mavericks, no flair .

Beige
Short memories on 09:42 - Aug 21 with 721 viewsDorse

Short memories on 09:36 - Aug 21 by essextaxiboy

What i mean by that is that there is nothing to get us out of our seat . Every game follows a similar format . Even when we are winning (1st half Boro) it comes back to the script and we are hanging on for the result . There are no characters , no mavericks, no flair .

Beige

Thin gruel. Completely agree but what's to be done? The cash has gone, the players we want to see at their best are coming off injuries.

And Dom Ball has gone.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Short memories on 10:03 - Aug 21 with 700 viewsQPRSteve

Short memories on 09:36 - Aug 21 by essextaxiboy

Beige

No flair? What are Willock, Chair and Roberts in not flair players?
Short memories on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 668 viewstraininvain

Short memories on 08:35 - Aug 21 by DWQPR

It shouldn’t take time. We should be putting the likes of Blackpool and Rotherham to bed. Against Blackpool in the first half they were the better side with the best player on the pitch and second half we hardly created a chance. Yesterday we conceded from another set piece and after the initial shit it was poor defending that gave their player another chance. Evidently we now have a set piece coach who should be earning his money. The set up from corners and free kicks are a joke with what we are still conceding and the eleven men back routine clearly isn’t the answer. Two players need to remain upfront, it leaves three defenders back and clears a bit of room for the keeper. If Beale cannot see that then frankly he’s sold us a pup.

Football isn’t that simple though. We had enough chances to win yesterday but didn’t take them. Same story on Wednesday when we should’ve at least drawn on the balance of play.

Fine margins and as others have pointed out, an improvement on the end of last season. Five games into the season isn’t the time to write off the manager and players.
Short memories on 11:43 - Aug 21 with 609 viewsBurnleyhoop

Short memories on 22:44 - Aug 20 by paulparker

Happy clappers will keep on clapping
All is well in the camp, we can’t beat Sunderland, Charlton ,Blackpool or Rotherham it’s a privilege just to be on the pitch with these footballing giants imo

Our best eleven won’t be out on the pitch until after the internationals. When it is, we will be capable of beating anyone, and with better finishing, would have won the last two games.

We will get stronger as the season progresses, the evidence of that is there for all to see. Clarke Salter and Richards will take us up another notch. Roberts, Willock and Laird will get better and have huge potential.

Don’t get the doom mongers. The plan is laid out in front of our eyes but we just need a bit of patience until all the pieces come together.

The only and potentially likely issue to derail the whole thing is injuries. That is the area that needs some serious attention.
Short memories on 11:54 - Aug 21 with 579 viewsR_from_afar

Short memories on 19:36 - Aug 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

We've drawn with two of the teams who came up last season and lost at home to Blackpool. I do wonder what Beale was told as the squad is seriously lacking in depth. If we don't get a striker in, I think we'll be at the wrong end of the table unfortunately. Dykes has no anticipation - there was a cross in the second half where if he'd gambled and made a run towards the ball, he could have connected, but he just stood at the far post waiting. Get a natural striker and we'll be fine.

We should've done better against Blackpool and I am gutted that we lost at home to them but can we please stop making out that they are The Dog and Duck FC?

We got 66 points last season, Blackpool got 60. They are not a rubbish team, they are of a similar standard to us, currently.

And I'd love to beat them at their place. Give me revenge

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024