Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP Headroom / P&S BS 14:20 - Aug 21 with 17447 viewsLblock

Can someone break it down for an idiot like me to understand?

I seem to have it wrong but my understanding is:-
You “allowed” (some would say encouraged) to lose £13Mill a season or £39Mill over 3 years.
Every 3 years the reset button is pressed.
Youth, training, infrastructure and our FFP fine are allowable costs and do not contribute to this amount.

So we are losing a Mill a month x 12 x 3 = £36mill
On top of that add transfers
SJ £625k
Field £250k
Dozzell £1.25Mill
Dykes £1.25Mill
Bonne £1.25Mill
Jordi £400k
Willock £450k
Dickie £1.5Mill
Dunne £450k
Loan fees say £250k
Say about £8.5mill with agent fees thrown in.

So that’s £44.5Mill

Deduct transfers
Eze £18Mill
Jordi £450k (inc a loan fee at first)
Others ….. buttons and fluff.

Balance = £26.05Mill or £8.68Mill a year

Now I’ve NEVER been a fan of us throwing money around and told the Bungle Brothers that their faces. However I just don’t see how we are so perilously close to the FFP limit wire if the above is anywhere near right???
More than happy to be shown I’m way off but I’ve based the above on the factual grounds that are the internet, this website and noises from the club CEO and DoF.

Losing the amount of money we do is a disgrace but I can’t see how this rhetoric that the owners would spend a bit more but their hands are tied actually adds up.

Relaxes back into armchair…….

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:20 - Aug 24 with 1746 viewsconnell10

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 06:58 - Aug 24 by Northernr

Well I think the idea is within these three year cycles you have a couple of frugal ones, and a big player sale, which enables you to 'go for it' a little bit in one of them. Their aim is definitely to get us to the Prem, otherwise like you say they're just tipping money into a team nobody watches in a league nobody watches. Why would you?

Unfortunately, last season was us 'going for it' and it blew up. A big part of my downbeat tone this year is the knowledge that that was a great chance for us, a chance that won't come along again without some Eze-style money, and though there were injuries that were a big part of it, a lot of the problems were grown men and egos falling out with each other and protecting their own positions behind the scenes. Incredibly selfish. Now we're, and Beale, stuck here in another rebuild on no money.

So we are f ucked again...i dont think i can take much more of this!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:25 - Aug 24 with 1723 viewsTheChef

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 17:47 - Aug 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

Rules might be different between UK/Europe and UK/US?

Apart from that it's fcking desperate. Steer clear surely?

Also we'd be the first club to get punished for it no doubt. World record fine etc.

Ha, that's the thing isn't it? Everyone else seems to get away with it, but you know if we tried it on we'd be the ones to get the Big Stick.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:28 - Aug 24 with 1712 viewsNorthernr

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:20 - Aug 24 by connell10

So we are f ucked again...i dont think i can take much more of this!

If we don't register regular big sales we're permanently fcked regardless.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:34 - Aug 24 with 1680 viewsconnell10

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:28 - Aug 24 by Northernr

Well hopefully Willock signs a extension soon.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:38 - Aug 24 with 1653 viewsstevec

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 11:24 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Same as now.

Clubs and players come to agreement dependent on the players ability, family situation, club needs, and stature. Sort of like a draft system.

Removing the money aspect makes financial doping impossible.

Never going to happen of course so don’t worry free marketeers!

When you say ‘removing the money aspect’, somebody’s got to pay them!

Not saying it wouldn’t work but I can only see two scenarios.

One, all players are paid the same salary. Yes that would work for the clubs but no way are the players Union going to allow that to happen.

Two, players negotiate contracts as they do now, but it would create a lop sided league much like the Premier League, plus you’d still need the club owners to cover the cost and it would create situations where owners would be more likely to walk away from a debt when they realise they can’t compete financially.

I’m curious what you’ve got up your sleeve that negates these issues.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:41 - Aug 24 with 1652 viewsjohnhoop

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:28 - Aug 24 by Northernr

And it’s FFP/P&S that’s f-cking us.
When clubs like Watford and Forest are allowed to drive a coach and horses through it, the whole thing becomes a sick joke.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:46 - Aug 24 with 1623 viewsNorthernr

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:41 - Aug 24 by johnhoop

And it’s FFP/P&S that’s f-cking us.
When clubs like Watford and Forest are allowed to drive a coach and horses through it, the whole thing becomes a sick joke.

I don't disagree.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:49 - Aug 24 with 1609 viewsswitchingcode

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 17:06 - Aug 23 by francisbowles

Who bought them? Did it have anything to do with Birmingham and someone we, unfortunately, know only too well?

No that was 3 players sold in the summer transfer to Birmingham when that weasel Redknapp was in charge.Turned out to have done us a favour as we signed better for cheaper.
Login to get fewer ads

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:56 - Aug 24 with 1602 viewsdaveB

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 06:58 - Aug 24 by Northernr

Well I think the idea is within these three year cycles you have a couple of frugal ones, and a big player sale, which enables you to 'go for it' a little bit in one of them. Their aim is definitely to get us to the Prem, otherwise like you say they're just tipping money into a team nobody watches in a league nobody watches. Why would you?

Unfortunately, last season was us 'going for it' and it blew up. A big part of my downbeat tone this year is the knowledge that that was a great chance for us, a chance that won't come along again without some Eze-style money, and though there were injuries that were a big part of it, a lot of the problems were grown men and egos falling out with each other and protecting their own positions behind the scenes. Incredibly selfish. Now we're, and Beale, stuck here in another rebuild on no money.

I'm looking forward to your tell all article when everyone in the current regime has gone.

Whilst I agree with you I do sometimes look at it and think although we had a go last year we did get our money back on De Wijs and released 15 players and their wages so although I'd expect a tightening of the belts to only be able to bring in a free transfer, 3 loans and Kenneth Paal (who if we paid a lot for we are in trouble) I'm not sure how that adds up.

It only adds fuel to the fire to say well we're skint when you are giving out new contracts to Owens and Shodipo, who i imagine are not on much money but still on money and neither likely to feature much. Owens has gone already out on loan.

We're charging £36 quid to away fans, home prices are high as well, 6 quid for a bottle of Carlsberg at the weekend so sympathy for them is at an all time low.

I get that we need to sell someone and am surprised we haven't this window but the whole woe is us stuff you get from the club at times is a bit tiresome now. I don't expect them to go out and get a 5/10 million striker but how much would that fella from Rotherham Ogbene cost, surley not millions. How are Luton getting strikers who score goals with less income than us. Recruitment has improved at QPR over the last few years but it's still miles away from where it needs to be
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 09:42 - Aug 24 with 1502 viewstoboboly

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:56 - Aug 24 by daveB

I'm looking forward to your tell all article when everyone in the current regime has gone.

Whilst I agree with you I do sometimes look at it and think although we had a go last year we did get our money back on De Wijs and released 15 players and their wages so although I'd expect a tightening of the belts to only be able to bring in a free transfer, 3 loans and Kenneth Paal (who if we paid a lot for we are in trouble) I'm not sure how that adds up.

It only adds fuel to the fire to say well we're skint when you are giving out new contracts to Owens and Shodipo, who i imagine are not on much money but still on money and neither likely to feature much. Owens has gone already out on loan.

We're charging £36 quid to away fans, home prices are high as well, 6 quid for a bottle of Carlsberg at the weekend so sympathy for them is at an all time low.

I get that we need to sell someone and am surprised we haven't this window but the whole woe is us stuff you get from the club at times is a bit tiresome now. I don't expect them to go out and get a 5/10 million striker but how much would that fella from Rotherham Ogbene cost, surley not millions. How are Luton getting strikers who score goals with less income than us. Recruitment has improved at QPR over the last few years but it's still miles away from where it needs to be

Yep - Scott Twine etc. There have been so many examples of good players in lower leagues and yet we get Washington, Bonne, Polter, Dykes, Mlakar, Hemed, Sylla, N'Bakoto, expensive loans up front. We blow millions on less than average players.

edit: remembered some more dross to add in
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 9:45]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 09:54 - Aug 24 with 1445 viewsdaveB

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 09:42 - Aug 24 by toboboly

Yep - Scott Twine etc. There have been so many examples of good players in lower leagues and yet we get Washington, Bonne, Polter, Dykes, Mlakar, Hemed, Sylla, N'Bakoto, expensive loans up front. We blow millions on less than average players.

The 2016/17 summer window looks more criminal every time you look back, other than loans our recreuitment of forwards has been diabolical
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 09:58 - Aug 24 with 1416 viewsswitchingcode

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:56 - Aug 24 by daveB

Ogbene would fetch 5 to 10 million imho he’s a regular for Ireland and a few PL sides are sniffing around.Recruitment is obviously the key but spunking money on loan players is definitely not the way to go.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:14 - Aug 24 with 1359 viewsfrancisbowles

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 17:58 - Aug 23 by NewBee

You're doubtless thinking Good Ol Arry signing Jota, Colin and Dean for Brum, but that was in August 2017.

I was more thinking of previous January sales like eg Scott Hogan to Villa.

As it happens, Colin has been a real stalwart for Brum, Dean was ok for 2 or 3 years (POTY one season), while Jota had enormous talent for £6m, with Brum basically getting their money back via a player-swap with Villa for Gary Gardiner.

By no means the worst signings 'Arry ever made, while Bees will have been happy enough with the sales, since we were well able to upgrade subsequently.

Yep good for Brentford but didn't it push Brum into further FFP problems. I don't think it ended very well for that c^^^ either.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:17 - Aug 24 with 1346 viewsdaveB

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 09:58 - Aug 24 by switchingcode

Ogbene would fetch 5 to 10 million imho he’s a regular for Ireland and a few PL sides are sniffing around.Recruitment is obviously the key but spunking money on loan players is definitely not the way to go.

Blimey, that seems a lot, he's only played up front this season, unproven at this level really.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 1334 viewsfrancisbowles

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 09:42 - Aug 24 by toboboly

Twine chose MK Dons to 'guarantee' selection every week at a lower level than us, where he would have had to compete for a place.

Not much the club can do about that.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:44 - Aug 24 with 1279 viewstoboboly

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:25 - Aug 24 by francisbowles

Twine chose MK Dons to 'guarantee' selection every week at a lower level than us, where he would have had to compete for a place.

Using him as an example. There are a load of players out there we could take far cheaper punts on than who we do.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:55 - Aug 24 with 1263 viewsTheChef

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 09:54 - Aug 24 by daveB

The 2016/17 summer window looks more criminal every time you look back, other than loans our recreuitment of forwards has been diabolical

I still think we should have kept Sylla.

There. I said it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 1156 viewsswitchingcode

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:17 - Aug 24 by daveB

Blimey, that seems a lot, he's only played up front this season, unproven at this level really.

He had a good season last year after recovering from a long term injury they liken him to Thierry Henry up there 😃and expect to get good money for him as he has turned down a new contract.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:04 - Aug 24 with 1106 viewsWegerles_Stairs

What happened to this?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-financial-fair-play-ru
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:29 - Aug 24 with 1041 viewsdaveB

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 11:41 - Aug 24 by switchingcode

He had a good season last year after recovering from a long term injury they liken him to Thierry Henry up there 😃and expect to get good money for him as he has turned down a new contract.

wasn't he a left back last season? They may well get it but that just seems a lot
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:32 - Aug 24 with 1034 viewsdaveB

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:04 - Aug 24 by Wegerles_Stairs

What happened to this?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-financial-fair-play-ru

latest suggestion from the Prem is to scrap parachute payments but allow clubs in the championship to lose £105million over 3 years, same as the prem.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 1008 viewsR_from_afar

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 08:25 - Aug 24 by TheChef

Ha, that's the thing isn't it? Everyone else seems to get away with it, but you know if we tried it on we'd be the ones to get the Big Stick.

As an unfashionable club with a small fanbase, I shudder to think what the football authorities would do to us if we became an FFP repeat offender

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 1000 viewsNorthernr

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 10:25 - Aug 24 by francisbowles

There was also a belief among the Champ clubs that he was a bit like one of those people who tours around doing football/golf trick shots but isn't actually that good at football/golf in a professional match situation. Nice free kicks and long range bangers but not a lot else. If you look at his stats he takes A LOT of shots for his goal return - you could argue if you try 20 times from 30 yards one of them is bound to go in and look good. Seven of his 20 goals for MK last year were in two mad games too, four v Plymouth and three v Fleetwood I think.

Still, I love him. Shame he's not really playing for Burnley.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:58 - Aug 24 with 924 viewsfrancisbowles

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:44 - Aug 24 by Northernr

There was also a belief among the Champ clubs that he was a bit like one of those people who tours around doing football/golf trick shots but isn't actually that good at football/golf in a professional match situation. Nice free kicks and long range bangers but not a lot else. If you look at his stats he takes A LOT of shots for his goal return - you could argue if you try 20 times from 30 yards one of them is bound to go in and look good. Seven of his 20 goals for MK last year were in two mad games too, four v Plymouth and three v Fleetwood I think.

Still, I love him. Shame he's not really playing for Burnley.

Interesting, I saw him for MK Dons at Cheltenham last September. It was a 1-1 and he didn't look great that day but it was early in the season with his new team.
FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 13:39 - Aug 24 with 813 viewsswitchingcode

FFP Headroom / P&S BS on 12:32 - Aug 24 by daveB

latest suggestion from the Prem is to scrap parachute payments but allow clubs in the championship to lose £105million over 3 years, same as the prem.

Looking at the ever changing FFP rules I am of the opinion that what difference would it really make if it was scrapped.Throughout football even down to local level the teams who pay the most wages get the best players and in most cases they will be the teams winning trophies.There are exceptions like for instance Stoke city who's owners have put fortunes in and managed to manipulate FFP but their football decisions have been dreadful.
Haven’t checked but looks like there will be even less money coming in or out of the championship this season while the PL I expect will be the highest ever helped by unbelievable fees like 60 mill on Gordon to Chelsea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024